Format: DVD|Change
Price:£10.52+ £1.26 shipping

on 23 May 2001
Well, what more could you ask from a musical? The incomparable Sinatra, the divine Miss Shirley Maclean and the swoonsome Monsieur Louis Jordan in the Naughty Nineties of Gay Paris. The story is slight,(centered around the illegal Can Can) but the fabulous Cole Porter score lifts it to the magical: especially my favourites Let's Do It! and the melancholy It's Alright With Me.The stars are always engaging and it has a genuine wit and brio. Hurrah for the movie musical! A real treat.
on 7 October 2013
This is a lovely fun film, the music is wonderful and the actors are great too. A good film for people like myself who loves to sing along and enjoys a film with no bad language, no violence and just a good family film. The quality of the film is good for content and clear and good standard.It goes along with my collection of older but enjoyable musicals such as the Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Guys and Dolls, and South Pacific. I call them my ironing films,because I can iron and sing along happily while I work.
on 5 May 2012
This 60's film is very much of its era. A bit too 'ring a ding ding' maybe, but great songs and a terrifically energetic performance by Shirley Maclaine. I beleive that Frank married Juliet Prowse not long after this film was made, so look for a spark between them! This special edition has lots of extras and is well worth it for any lover/collector of the American Musical
on 26 March 2011
I am sure most people looking for this film will know what to expect.
A masterful example of film making free of the slick electronic techniques that infect modern film making but in that comment is the films strength and achilles heel. It plays as a filmed stage production despite very athletic dance sequences.That suits me it will not suit everybody. The reason for this review is to compliment the producers of this fine DVD.The transfer quality cleaned up in 2007 is stunningly good the colours bright and clear.The aspect ratio has been corrected to 2:20 which plays fabulously well on modern LCD and Plasma screens. The extra's tell you all you need to know about the production process. I could only wish that all reissues were so carefully done but hey I have this now to enjoy and consider myself fortunate to be born at a time when Frank Sinatra lay down a body of recordings which to this day are the bench mark (together with Ella Fitzgerald) of the great American songbook. At the time of the filming of Can Can he was in his prime. Get your hands on the American NTSC copy and accept no substitutes. You will not be disappointed.
on 3 February 2014
The dancing and singing in this film is terrific. The feature that is on the 2nd DVD about the making of the film is very good too. Loved all the songs. I would recommend this film to all ages.
on 27 June 2013
Great service, video quality brilliant just couldn't manage to get French subtitles off when the songs were being sung, overal highly recommend
on 27 July 2013
Dance and music absolutely great VERY enjoyable also the making of cancan.my grandchildren are looking forward to viewing it,loved it
on 24 March 2014
A dvd purchased from France .A good print and presented in the correct aspect ratio 2.20:1(16:9) & 5.0 sound.
a 1960 Musical in Todd-AO and Technicolor .
Not in the same class as Gigi , but good tunes and an entertaining musical.
on 24 May 2014
I had this musical on video many years ago but it won't play on my new Video/DVD recorder. I was so happy when you had it in stock. For such an old musical the sound and picture quality is great. I'm a very happy customer.
on 25 August 2014
Good musical despite Sinatra not being one of my personal favourites. MacLaine excellent as always, as is Jordan and Chevalier. If musicals are your thing, then this should be for you.