5.0 out of 5 stars One of the must haves.
Published on 20 Mar. 2009 by Mrs Cooper

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but bad execution
Published 2 months ago by Ell

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the must haves., 20 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
I bought this nightlight to use with my second child 6 years ago and loved it so much I've just replaced the bulb in order to use it with my third child due in a few weeks. So simple to use: touch sensitive dimmer and on/off switch (because let's face it when you're tired from looking after a newborn you don't need anything gadgety and over complex!)Auto fade function which gradually (and barely noticeably!) fades to off over 15 mins - something I used with my baby as she got older to help her fall asleep on her own. This product fills a need and it is definitely one of those 'must haves' for every nursery. N.B.Although the bulbs do last a while, it comes with only one replacement bulb. After some searching I found that Maplin's sell one that fits; a 25w E14 tube bulb by Orbitec.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good purchase, 11 Sept. 2008
We have used this light every night since our daughter was born eight months ago. It has been great because it can be dimmed very low but just light enough to see into the room to check on her. It is also useful if she does occasionally need feeding or changing as I dont need to brighten the room any further to do this, so getting her back to sleep is a lot easier. It has been left on sometimes for over 15 hours and it is still cool to touch. We even took it on holiday with us as she seems to drift off to sleep so well with it! There is a function to automatically turn it off after 15 mins but I prefer to leave it until she has been alseep for much longer before I do this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but bad execution, 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
The idea of a dimmer light like this is great for when you're feeding a baby in the night. You can set the exact light level you need, therefore preventing your baby to wake up too much due to bright lights. Those touch lamps that have three levels are not sufficient; they're too bright even on the lowest setting and when turning it off you have to go through the brighter settings first, producing too much light. So the Babytec is handy, but it has some large problem areas, hence the one star.

1) unreliable; lamp broke after three months
2) bulb needs replacing often, about every month. Maybe the dimmer puts strain on it
3) the touch buttons are too small. They're tiny, and impossible to find at night in the dark. This makes it difficult to switch on, but also to set the right level as your finger keeps slipping off
4) it has no rubber feet, so slides all over the nightstand, when you're trying to find those tiny buttons
5) it's ugly
6) it's expensive for what it is
7) it buzzes when the light is dimmed

After it broke, I just bought a normal table lamp and a dimmer socket. Much better! I can set the level of light much more easily and the switch is easier to find too. Plus it looks a lot better.

So even though the idea of this light sounds good, don't get it, as it's frustrating to use and will end up breaking very soon anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a load of rubbish. Do not buy., 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
Terrible product, the quality is shocking and ours didn't been work when it arrived. Should be £3 not £27. Absolute rip off, save your money. Harsh review but wouldn't want others to make the same mistake I did. The plug looked to have cost more than the actual light which is really cheap plastic with 2 comedy buttons that don't even work. If it was on a market stall I don't think I'd even pay £3 for it, perhaps £1.50 is more of a realistic price. Amazon you need to review this product, there's not an ounce of quality in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was great when worked, unfortunately only for a month!, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
I got this lamp for use at night when baby wakes up, during feeds, etc. It worked great for the first month, I was happy with the amount of light, and ability to adjust it. However, after about a month of use, the touch switch became erratic, switching light on and off instead of dimming, and later the dimming function stopped working at all, whilst on/off is erratic. So the lamp is completely unusable. Looking at the previous reviews, it seems, that reliability is a real issue, and depends on your luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Autofade Bedside Lamp, 11 Jun. 2011
A. Torode - See all my reviews
Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp
This is a brilliant little product.

I bought this light and have just set it up and put it in my young son's bedroom as he is frightened of the dark and refuses to turn his bedroom light out. We have used it for a couple of nights now and have dimmed it down to just under half the glow available and it still illuminates the room enough so that my son is happy. He even switched it off himself tonight and has the confidence that he will be able to turn it on himself (he is only 4 years old).

Don't waste your money on plug in night lights that give out a subtle glow that really isn't enough, get one of these, they can be placed anywhere within the room as long as there is a wall plug, and the brightness adjusted accordingly. This item is easy to use, it doesn't give off alot of heat so is safe to use close to the bed or cot, just make sure it is secure and can't be knocked off the bedside table - or the bump in the night might shock the little one!

The button which allows the gradual fading of the light over 15 minutes or less is a lovely addition to the product and I am sure this will come in handy.

I wish I had known about this product sooner! It would have been great when I got up in the night to feed him as a baby.

Well worth the money. Fantastic!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
The idea of the product is excellent and perfect for night feeds. However, I am in the process of returning my second faulty lamp. The first one worked for around two months then completely stopped. The second one worked for one day and the lamp wouldn't turn on or off, it went from very bright to dim and wouldn't change. The lamp is also very light and can be easily knocked over. The concept is great, unfortunately for the price the quality is very poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 17 Feb. 2009
S. May (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
I got this bedside light so I could do night feeds without waking up the baby too much and have to say that it's brilliant and would really recommend it. It's a bit on the light side, so did manage to knock it flying a few times but the rubber feet do help ground it to the surface better which hopefully means you won't have to replace the bulb quite as quickly as I did! Gentle settings up and down make it easy to use and effective for it's purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for new parents, 29 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
Bought this lamp just after my son was born. Although getting the bulb fitted was a bit tricky at first and the lamp feels quite cheap/flimsy, I really can't recommend it enough. It's a little pricier than some of the other nightlights out there but really worth every penny. I truly think it has helped my son sleep quite well at night from very early on.
I basically bought this lamp because I needed something to see where my boob was going in the middle of the night, during the early days of breast feeding around the clock. Before this lamp, I had to turn on a light which would pretty much wake him up. The other nightlamps I tried were either too bright or not enough. With this lamp, he would sleep right through the feed (as well as my hardworking husband!) and within a few weeks started waking less and less. It feels like it made our nights so much more peaceful. He's now nearly 8 months old and I still use it for the odd night feed (although on solids, he's still on the boob + has sprouted 5 teeth in 2 weeks). We've also used it all along, on the lowest setting, as a very effective nightlight. The intensity adjustment is genius. Again, keep recommending it to all my pregnant friends as I'm so glad I found it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 8 May 2009
This review is from: Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp (Baby Product)
Works well as a night light in baby's room. Can touch the button on the front to raise the light level to the desired brightness. Touch the other button to dim the level, although it says it dims over 15 minutes I think mine may be broken as it dims to nothing in 30 seconds! My baby doesn't seem to mind though (in fact I find this preferable for the night time feeds!). Looks a bit cheap and flimsy. Didn't come with a spare bulb.

Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp