on 6 June 2011
I was kindly given one of these at a recent conference I attended. I already had a similar medicine dummy from Mothercare which I have used loads over the last few months and found invaluable. My little man has recently turned one and usually takes his medicine from a spoon without any problems, however there are times when he is really fractious or a bit sleepy when the dummy is a better option. The Eezimed dummy holds about 4 mls of medicine compared to 5mls with the Mothercare version although its not a huge inconvenience to fill the dummy again. The main difference between the two medicine dummies is that the Eezimed has a plunger so baby can either suck the medicine out or you can administer it yourself by pushing the plunger. The plunger itself is quite stiff to begin with but this improves with use. The plunger also makes it so much easier to clean the Eezimed dummy as you can plunge some water through the dummy to get rid of any excess medication. With the mothercare dummy i found the bulb of the dummy sometimes filled with saliva as my little man chewed the dummy (to soothe his sore gums) rather than sucked on it, this doesn't happen with the Eezimed dummy as the medicine comes through a narrow channel rather than filling the whole bulb of the dummy. All in all a fab product that I would recommend to all my friends.
on 20 November 2009
My 5 month old son would choke when I tried to use a spoon or even a regular syringe to give him medicine. With the Eezimed Baby Syringe he doesn't even realize he is taking any! Whether I let him suck it out himself, or use the plunger, the medicine just goes right down his throat with no fuss and no bother.

I highly recommend this.
on 22 February 2010
This has made it so easy and stress-free to give medicine to our four month old I would certainly recommend it. She now simply sucks the medicine straight out with no fuss and no tears. Wish we'd bought it ages ago.
on 1 October 2010
This gadget has made such a big difference for me! Twice a day I have to give my 2 month old medicine which he HATES. Its been an absolute nightmare - I have to hold his head and syringe it in slowly (2 mls total). He gags and struggles and cries - its very traumatic for both of us and takes about 5 minutes of hard work. Tried this first time and he just slurped it down on his own with no fuss ;-) Can be slightly tricky to snap it shut but seems to seal ok even after being through a steam steriliser several times. Seems to have about 3 or 4 ml capacity. Changed my life !
on 10 May 2011
I bought this as getting medicine down my lil one is a nightmare, not anymore tho, works like a charm. He's cottoned onto the fact it's not his normal dummy now but still works well as the medicine now gets to the back of his tongue so helps him swallow without tasting it too much. Definitely reccomend a go!
on 3 January 2011
Really pleased with this dummy medicine dispenser. My little boy didn't like taking medicines off a spoon and would often push the spoon away. He doesn't seem to mind taking it from this dispenser and it is much less hassle and mess free..
on 14 April 2011
Very pleased with this purchase.It was intended for gripe water as dormals are no longer available to buy. It's done the job lovely.
on 1 December 2010
If your child uses Avent (rounded) soothers/dummies this is not the solution for you.

The teat is different so put our baby off straight away and he would not keep it in long enough to dispense the medicine.
on 17 May 2012
Could not be happier! The medicine chamber opens easily enough for an adult but difficult enough for a child. The plunger goes in easily for an adult also but is stiff enough to prevent a child squirting the medicine everywhere.

We put the dummy in our daughters mouth, she gets used to it and sees it as a dummy sucking the medicine through the syringe part. On occasion we press the plunger slowly so it doesn't overwhelm our daughter and the medicine goes into her mouth and is swallowed easily - obviously don't essentially 'spray' it all into your baby or toddler's little mouths.

Before using this dummy we would have to try and get the medicine spoon into the mouth which proved very difficult with our daughter clamping her mouth shut, spitting medicine out we had got ito her mouth and refusing to stay still, getting to the point where she needed to be temporarily held still.

Brilliant device, makes life much less stressful and much easier - thoroughly recommended for any parent of a baby or toddler!
on 7 April 2011
My baby didn't take to this at all. At 5 months old all she wanted to do was hold it and look at it. She did put it in her mouth and as soon as she sucked she gagged and then the medicine was spat out.