Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Listen in Prime

on 6 November 2011
Absolutely fantastic high quality product at a great price!
I suppose i can understand why some people would be disapointed when receiving this product and find that it actually only has 4 nozzles when it is a 12 piece set. Though saying that if you really cannot be bothered to research products before buying them it really is your own fault. The image quite clearly shows 4 nozzles, and when you consider the price of these items were you to buy them individually then surely common sense would tell you there was something amiss?
Also criticism for there not being a coupler is totally unjustified. These nozzles are intended to be used with whatever bag you choose - having a coupler ties you to a specific brand or set. These are a lot more flexible and are ideally used with disposable bags which in my opinion are the most hygenic.
As for the product itself, i made cup cakes for halloween last weekend and filled the black chocolate sponge with raspberry jam with the Bismarck nozzle, and decorated the top with orange flavoured and coloured icing with the 1M nozzle. This was the first time i had decorated cupcakes like this and all i can say is the right tools made all the difference - they looked stunning. The trick-or-treaters who knocked on my door all took cupcakes over chocolate untill they were gone - which took about 4 lots of kids and 20 minutes!
I think the results speak for themselves.
on 6 October 2011
I bought this set when I was just starting out selling cupcakes, the M1 is perfect for getting those tops just right and the disposable bags can be washed over and over making this a great value for money item. The nozzles are a really good selection for novice or experienced decorator and I found them very easy to use.
This review is from: Wilton 2104-6667 12-Piece Cupcake Decorating Set (Kitchen)

My daughter, granddaughter and I had such fun using this kit. My daughter does a lot of baking, and she made cupcakes this weekend. She baked the cupcakes, and my granddaughter and I chose the food color to use. My granddaughter has an allergic reaction to the color red, she becomes very hyperactive. So, we looked at yellow, blue, and green as the colors we would use.

We practiced with the bags, folding the top over so it is easier to hold the bag. The tips were a surprise, but we just started off by trying them all.. My daughter made an egg white, sugar stiff frosting, then we started putting drops of color into small bowls of frosting. We had varying degrees of colors that were quite beautiful. We all had fun frosting the cupcakes, making swirls and decorations. My daughter was quite creative, and I think she will develop into a great cake decorator. Using the different tips was the most fun. We wanted to see which tip made what shape. We had beautiful blue green and yellow frosted cu[cakes. This frosting was a little difficult to use, so we will try a different kind of frosting next time.

This is a perfect set to start out with if you are thinking of decorating cakes and cupcakes.

Recommended. prisrob 03-18-14
on 29 August 2011
I have recently purchased this Wilton set (although not from Amazon) and I have to say although you do only get 4 nozzles and 8 icing bags, this set includes the "1M" nozzle which is the star type nozzle you need to do the cupcake and rose style buttercream icing.

The nozzles and icing bags are really high quality and I would recommend this set as the Wilton nozzles tend to be around £4 upwards if purchased individually and also 8 bags are included. It's a great starter set.
on 1 July 2010
i love this item and its helped me in my need to learn how to 'frost' cupcakes like the ones i see on the tv!
on 9 March 2009
12 piece cupcake decorating set

I love this! Found all the nozzles really useful. The cupcake filler nozzle works a treat.. I made almond sponge cupcakes and filled with raspberry jam.. and lemon cupcakes filled with lemon curd! both delicious.

The large swirl looks really professional too!
on 5 October 2013
Yes describing this as a 12 piece set is a bit cheeky when that includes 8 disposable bags. But if you try to buy these 4 top quality nozzles separately it will surely cost you a lot more than I paid for them in this set. It's a bargain and a great way for a beginner like me to get started with cake decorating.
on 19 January 2014
Considering the price of the Wilton 1M tip on its own, its worth paying the extra to get the bags and the other 3 tips. Having never used a disposable piping bag before I found them very good quality and very strong and I did wash the one I used out and reused it without problems. They are not very large bags and so they don't hold much that's probably my only niggle with the purchase. The tips are good quality and did what they said they would. The instructions are a bit lacking however I'd watched some videos online to see what I was doing before ordering. Its all good fun and is worth the money I think. I did knock one star off though as I was one bag short than what was advertised.
on 2 September 2010
Bought this as an addition to some other equipment but was disapointed to see that no icing coupler was included, seems a little pointless to me and definitely does not make this a "decorating set" - also agree with previous reviewer that this is overpriced. The instructions are on 1 sheet of paper in multi languages, the nozzles attached to a bit card inside the box with the bags loose inside - that's it.

If I could have sourced the nozzles I needed quickly and seperately I'd have done it - especially if you consider that the "techniques" on the enclosed paper can be found on the wilton dot com web page.

5 stars for the nozzles, 1 star for being a rip off.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2010
Twelve piece? This is just four metal nozzles to fit piping bags and twelve disposable plastic piping bags. At £[] I think it's over priced for what it is. I wish I'd bought a normal piping bag or syringe set, it would have been cheaper and I suspect that the results would have been just as good.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question