5.0 out of 5 stars Decent story, decent acting - well worth a watch
Published 13 months ago by Mikey

3.0 out of 5 stars WOT'S THIS?
Published 16 months ago by Mr. Christopher J. Truslove

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent story, decent acting - well worth a watch, 27 Jun 2013
Mikey (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) (DVD)
Lynda La Plante's Supply and Demand was originally commissioned by Yorkshire Television and screened on ITV on Wednesday 5 February 1997 at 9pm with half before the News at Ten and the remainder after. The show runs for around 105 minutes and has a good storyline involving the smuggliung of drugs into the UK through Dover and two very different black police officers. The two policemen are well played throughout by Adae Sapara alongside ex The Bill star Eamonn Walker who would go on to star in the HBO series Oz following Supply and Demand.
Yes the technology in the show is very 1996 and things have moved on from then. If you like a good crime drama and have a couple of hours to kill there's alot worse out there than this. Loving this so much, I've bought the next series as well.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) (DVD)
brilliant all the way through

5.0 out of 5 stars LaPLANTE DOES IT AGAIN, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) (DVD)
MS. LAPLANTE HAS ONCE AGAIN BROUGHT A TERRIFIC DRAMA SERIES TO LIFE IN HER USUAL SUSPENSEFUL AND ENGROSSING WAY. THE ACTING IS SUPERB AND THE WRITING IS EXCELLENT. VIEW ALL 4 MOVIES FOR YOUR TOTAL ENJOYMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars WOT'S THIS?, 12 Mar 2013
Mr. Christopher J. Truslove "CJT" (Kent, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) (DVD)
I came across the Supply and Demand series through Amazon reccomendation. I know nothing about it and I've read the various reviews that all say it's a terrific series. But no reviewer tells me what it is actually about! Crime Drama? Party Politics? Lawers? A Troupe of strolling players? If it's Lynda La Plante it must be good and probably a Police series. But i can't assume that! If it is La Plante's usual crime drama stamping ground then I'm up for it. But, before I part with my money will someone who already has one or all of the series please tell me what genre it is. May I draw attention to Amazon's own directions for writing a good review which state:- "Be detailed and specific. What would you have wanted to know before you purchased the product?" What I want to know is what is it actually about?

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally so bad it was good., 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) (DVD)
My cousin purchased this for 99p and showed it to me with the description "I saw this and it looks so bad it it has to be good". He was right. It was terrible but somehow we were both totally engaged by it and went out to buy the next Supply and Demand the next day, but couldn't find it. I might mention that it was also hilarious.

I recommend this to everyone; even your dog will like it.

Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997)
Supply & Demand Series 1 [DVD] (1997) by Peter MacDonald (DVD - 2007)
9.71