5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous
Published on 14 July 2011 by Madeline

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a game
I bought this cd because I was holding a Murder & Mystery dinner party & this was recommended in the game. It served the purpose & i will pass it on within the game.
Published 10 months ago by Margaret

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 14 July 2011
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this CD. It's crammed full of beautiful tracks and it's one of those CDs that you can listen to of an evening with just a glass of wine for company. It's got a great mixture of artists and gives you a fabulous mix of sad, joyous, sweet and up-beat tunes. I'm a bit of a Francophile, given that I studied French at University, but even my husband enjoys the music. I recently bought a copy for my friend (who also studied French at Uni). She was so thrilled with it that she played it whilst giving birth to her daughter at home! I think that best reflects how fabulous this CD is :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbe!, 16 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Used this CD as background music for get-togethers at a caravanners' holiday rally in Brittany - provided great ambiance and just right to be able to listen to / talk over without being obtrusive

5.0 out of 5 stars Caf'e De Paris CD, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Another one of these CD that you must have to bring a bit of life into your easy listening, get with it and have your cup of coffee along to the strains of this CD on your patio.

4.0 out of 5 stars O la la!, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Yes fun and what I needed for the french theme night, and everyone enjoyed listening to the accents if nothing else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cafe De Paris CD, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
I was looking for some french style music for my Murder Mystery Evening and came accross this CD, have to say it was great for setting the atmosphere, Good value for miney and quick delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 11 Nov. 2012
Jeffrey Lehman (Market Harborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
I am studying French on my own, and was looking for a collection of French songs which would be easy to understand. This collection is a wonderful collection of classic French songs, most of which are familiar from some place or other. And the type of singing means that the lyrics are easy to catch, even if you don't understand all of the words. The collection supports my study very well, and I find that I can understand a few more words and phrases each time I listen to it.

I bought the mp3 download, and it totals about 2.5 hours. Excellent value!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Bought this for a joke to take to a themed evening. Couldn't be further from my usual choice of music. Now I absolutely love it. It's a bit silly but whenever I play it I can't help but smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars song listed wrongly, 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Track 25 on C.D. 1 is not Les Trois Cloches by Edith Piaf as stated on the C.D. case,it is La Marseillaise by Georges Thill as stated on the C.D. sleeve.

This C.D. is very good if you like this type of music, which i do !CAFÉ DE PARIS - 50 GRANDS SUCCES FRANCAIS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great France theme, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
Had a French themed evening and wanted some music to play in the background and we wasn't disappointed, great Cd and special thanks for responding to the request for a fast delivery due to the evening being in 3 days, the cd arrived on time thank you so much for despatching quickly

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful 2 CD set, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful 2 CD set. The songs are mostly from the thirties, forties and fifties, by a variety of classic French singers such as Edith Piaf and Charles Trenet. Compilations can rarely said to be charming but this one is. A delight to listen to.

Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais
Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)