5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough - and cheap....
I normally use a Yagi antenna (see link below) which is superb. More than superb. However it terminates in a USB plug and for various reasons I needed to convert an amplified signal into an Ethernet socket - so had to buy the TP-Link and feed it into an access point...
Published on 18 Feb. 2012 by NDA

1.0 out of 5 stars Made no difference for me
Trying to improve the signal between the house and my home office in the garden,this antenna made no difference whatsoever compared to the standard antenna supplied with the router.
Published 15 months ago by Tim Frost

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough - and cheap...., 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-ANT2409A 2.4GHz 9dBi Directional Antenna (Accessory)

The TP-Link lifts the gain in my application from 28db to 35db. A reasonable performance and stable. The trick is to buy additional cable here:

and mount this little antenna as high as you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars WiFi - Site to Site Connection, 24 Sept. 2011
Mr. Justin Coleman "JC Review" (UK, Weardale) - See all my reviews
I had a few problems with site to site connection and the TP Antenna solved the issue.
The site I have are less that 1/4 mile away but out door wifi are sometimes is a hit and miss. To help you out you might like to use my configuration experience.

Tp-Link 901 300mb Wifi (Repeater)
Tp-Link Ant2409 antenna (Two connected to this device)
Tp-Link ANT2415D Onmi Direction (This is on the other site)
Tp-Link 701N (Access Point)

I had to do this trial and error but this is the best configuration I can get to make it work and have a stable connection. The two directional antennas are facing the onmi antenna and pick up the signal very good. I tried using just two of the antenna above on both sites and it did not have a stable enough connection.

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goog reception, 7 Dec. 2013
I use this on my boat (mounted on the standing rigging).
Connected to, and working with a 2000Mw 802.11 usb wireless booster, this unit picks up WiFi signals from the shore when I am up to 2 miles off shore. Its been mounted on the boat, outside in all weathers for the last 3 years and still working fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good distance, 15 April 2012
Bought this a year ago. It's directional and a great improvement on other antennas that have been used. This worked well and connected successfully to my wireless G router from my friends 8 (semi-detached) doors down. The flat part needs to go towards the direction of the router, like a satellite dish.
Recently other networks including high power 'N' networks have swamped the signals, but it is now back as the antenna for a high power Alfa USB wireless dongle and connections are back to normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 Mar. 2011
Absolutely amazing product.

I have sold a few of these onto friends and recommended it.

TP-Link although cheap are one of the best value providers of networking equipment.

This item can be statically mast mounted as it is supplied with the connectors for this purpose.
My advice would be to use a mast with diseq type motor to rotate but this is only a personal preference as I use my antenna for all manner of signal scanning.

The cable is quite long and the device itself pulls in signals even the best of my wireles nics and dongles couldnt get - for war driving it is fantastic and is thouroughly recommended if you are having problems with your wireless signal cutting off.

Also the biggest solution to wireless signal flakiness is to set your wireless card or usb dongle to use static IP addressing and do away with the DHCP addressing that your router gives out - This in addition to this device will see your wireless surfing a much more pelasant experience!

Ideally pair it with a TP-Link wireless N or G usb dongle available also on Amazon for £8 for the G and £12 the N-type!

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 28 May 2011
G. Stewart (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Good range extender, RP-SMA connector. Bumped range up to a few hundred feet with line of site compared to 50 feet with an omni-directional rubber duck antenna. Suprisingly good for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made no difference for me, 2 Dec. 2013
Tim Frost "Tim" (UK (Norfolk) and Grenada (West Indies)) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 28 Nov. 2012
K. W. Rigby - See all my reviews
I tried the small mast ariels to try and get a better signal in my garage but none of them worked. So I used this little beast and an extension cable and hey presto a great signal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product. Needs a longer cable supplied as part of standard kit., 9 Dec. 2014
We needed to catch our own signal whilst house sitting for our neighbour in the same street. Although our home router was a bit weak, this still picked up the signal when we got a good line of site. (About 20 meters down the road.) It did need to be a direct line of sight, which proved a challenge, but as I say this was likely more down to the weakness of the base router. Only downside to this kit is the short length of cable provided, hence our other purchase of a longer one (this was only 'just' long enough too.) Would suggest supplier thinks about this when selling this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Aerial for directional WiFi reception, 27 Feb. 2015
This works very well. I was struggling with poor connectivity as my PC is wedged in a corner, and by using this aerial, and with some careful positioning, it improved my signal by 80%.
I still can't pick up messages from the dead though, which is why I initially bought this (even though the specification of this aerial didn't state that it would be possible to receive communication from the afterlife it also didn't explicitly say that it COULDN'T pick up messages from our dead departed from beyond the ether either, and I thought it worth a pop).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›