5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile product.
Published on 23 Mar. 2010 by Mrs Owl

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD!
Published on 11 July 2011 by Gj Owen

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD!, 11 July 2011
Gj Owen "charliedods" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (discontinued by manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this lamp thinking that it was the only option for my sons bed for safety reasons. how wrong was i. it doesnt fix to the bed very well at all, it is on a very flimsy holder that kept popping off leaving the light dangling down. it also only worked when it wanted to leaving me to think that maybe it had some electrical fault and it would only be a matter of time before it caught fire - not a risk i was going to take. i got my money back and bought an iggy lamp from B and Q and just put a energy saving led bulb in it which is cool to touch and my son loves it. it doesnt fixt to the bed but is sitting on a shelf - ok for may older son. the bunky light is massive and really hangs over the bed space and is the elephant in the room when you look at it. i would not recomend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile product., 23 Mar. 2010
My son had been asking for a light up in his bunk bed for ages. He had previously had a battery powered clip light, but I wanted to get him something more substantial. At first I thought this product was quite expensive, but having looked at the alternatives I decided the bunkbedlight was the best option. I wasn't disappointed. It's a well made product, it's versatile, and if you can manage to get away with not using the screw-in light holder for it, you won't damage the bunk bed with its 'wrap around' holder. I would gladly recommend this product to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - average execution (reliable?), 14 May 2008
We bought two of these in March 2008. As one of the other reviewers commented - for the price we expected better quality. The brackets whilst good in concept are made of fairly cheap plastics. The fitting is difficult to secure well and the flexible neck is is only adjustable up and down i.e. it does not rotate.
On the upside they are cool lamps and clearly child safe.
The most disappointing aspect is that one of the lamps now fails to switch on at all - I'm awaiting Amazon's response on that one.
Summary - good concept cheaply done but not that cheap to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed, 31 Mar. 2008
Mr. J. Hooton "Hoots" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I have two children with high beds with sofas and desks underneath, I bought four of these lights, one to go on top and one underneath each bed. Within two weeks two of the lights had got so hot the tops of the lights melted and one just stopped working. The fourth lasted about six months before it stopped working. I went out and bought new lights.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, cheaply executed., 7 Aug. 2012
I sent this product back as it initially worked but once I put it in place, it failed to operate again. However, I do want to share the construction and design,even though I cannot comment on longevity.
The plastic used is very cheap, throughout. Everything is kind of held together rather than substantially fitted. The design looked good from the pictures and in reality it is quite poorly executed. Let me tell you why.

* The curly bedpost fixture is very loose and heat formed. It did not wrap around my bedpost side strut and needed me to consider adhesive pads. The pictures indicated that this would be a snug fit and "gripping" the post. Your vertical bedpost would need to be at least an inch and a half for this to work, if not more.
* I investigated the strap mount bracket, but the straps were not long enough to secure around the distance on my horizontal posts.
* The flexible arm was way too stiff to move one handed, without ripping the fixtures away or moving the vertical mount. It is very likely that you would wish to send the head of the lamp out of the way as you sleep, so felt this was important.
*The light looked very warm (yellow) whilst it worked.

In all, I am glad it failed and I could send it back as faulty, as I was disappointed with it overall.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light bulb problem, 5 July 2010
AE Taperell (London) - See all my reviews
This light is just what i needed, but unfortunately there appears to be a problem with the light bulb fitting.

The first one i bought worked less often than not when switched on, so i returned it.
The replacement worked great at first, but a month later it has become erratic. Sometimes it doesn't come on when you switch on, but a short jiggle, and it does.

After taking the bulb cover off, i've worked out that the bulb slowly works loose.
I'm living with it right now, as I can't find other light of this type, i really can't be bothered to do a second return, but at some point I expect i'll probably have to do a taping/glueing job to get the bulb to stay put.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant light for kids!, 5 Nov. 2010
I bought my first bunkybed light 4 years ago for my daughter's highsleeper and it is still going strong. It has never needed a replacement bulb or part. The light fits really easily and quickly on the tubular type bed, using the special mounting clip, and there is a another type of mount in the box to fit over a standard headboard. (no screwing needed with either method). I have recently bought another one off Amazon for my sons bed. Fits perfectly again even though tubes on his bed are much narrower. The light is so safe for kids as it stays really cool, even when left on all day. The kids love their lamps because they are flexible, can be bent into position to suit whatever they are doing, switched on and off from their sleeping position and just look really cool!!! My only critism is that the lead could be slighty longer, but with a bit of faffing around, and using a plug extension socket, this was easily overcome. More down to our bedroom layouts than anything else!!! These were the only type of this lamp I could find on the market, with a secure fitting and cool bulb. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent child safe product, 11 July 2007
Having used Spearmark lights before for my kids, I was pleased to see one that was safer than all the spot lights you see and this product lives up to my expectations
The different ways of fitting it onto the bed are a clever idea and the light can be moved around in all sorts of directions without fear of getting burnt. The silver is great for my boy but it would be nice to have a different colour available for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gadget and great service, 4 Nov. 2011
I bought two of these just over 2 years ago. They are very bright and attach well to the bunk bed providing you use the strap method - they also supply a wound plastic clip but that only lasted 2 days. They do get warm but no so much that I have ever worried about it. Kids love them

After 2 years of being constantly bent and adjusted they are still working fine.

The only issue was a bulb that failed , but after 2 years of constant use I was fine with that but I couldnt find the right bulb anywhere. Got in touch with the manufacturers via email intending to buy a new bulb but they just sent me one for free.

I mentioned to them also that the bendy fitting was a bit loose after a lot of misuse by the kids, they also offered to fix or replace the unit for free if I sent it back. I managed to fix it myself in the end but excellent service and a great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bunky Bunkbedlight Silver, 29 Jan. 2013
Usually I don't bother with reviews but this product annoyed me so much I had too. Purchased from Argos for 34 pounds so not that cheap really for a light. The design and build quality is bad made out of cheap plastic. Trying to secure it to a wooden bunk bed using the plastic straps very difficult. The black straps don't seem to pull threw to tighten securely on the bunk bed and is to tight to pull by hand resulting in one very frustrated person. The light after one nights use has failed altogether now and will not switch on. This is probably a blessing in disguise as I do not trust it plus could not tighten it securely enough to the bunk bed. Hopefully a full refund from Argos. Very disappointing, don't buy. Has anyone found a decent replacement??