5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile product.
Published on 23 Mar 2010 by Mrs Owl

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD!
Published on 11 July 2011 by Gj Owen

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD!, 11 July 2011
Gj Owen "charliedods" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this lamp thinking that it was the only option for my sons bed for safety reasons. how wrong was i. it doesnt fix to the bed very well at all, it is on a very flimsy holder that kept popping off leaving the light dangling down. it also only worked when it wanted to leaving me to think that maybe it had some electrical fault and it would only be a matter of time before it caught fire - not a risk i was going to take. i got my money back and bought an iggy lamp from B and Q and just put a energy saving led bulb in it which is cool to touch and my son loves it. it doesnt fixt to the bed but is sitting on a shelf - ok for may older son. the bunky light is massive and really hangs over the bed space and is the elephant in the room when you look at it. i would not recomend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, versatile product., 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
My son had been asking for a light up in his bunk bed for ages. He had previously had a battery powered clip light, but I wanted to get him something more substantial. At first I thought this product was quite expensive, but having looked at the alternatives I decided the bunkbedlight was the best option. I wasn't disappointed. It's a well made product, it's versatile, and if you can manage to get away with not using the screw-in light holder for it, you won't damage the bunk bed with its 'wrap around' holder. I would gladly recommend this product to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - average execution (reliable?), 14 May 2008
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
We bought two of these in March 2008. As one of the other reviewers commented - for the price we expected better quality. The brackets whilst good in concept are made of fairly cheap plastics. The fitting is difficult to secure well and the flexible neck is is only adjustable up and down i.e. it does not rotate.
On the upside they are cool lamps and clearly child safe.
The most disappointing aspect is that one of the lamps now fails to switch on at all - I'm awaiting Amazon's response on that one.
Summary - good concept cheaply done but not that cheap to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lead not long enough, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Extremely disappointed and sent straight back. The fact that this is designed as a bunk bed light you would think that it would come with an extra long lead. The socket was right next to the bed and it didn't even reach.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent child safe product, 11 July 2007
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Having used Spearmark lights before for my kids, I was pleased to see one that was safer than all the spot lights you see and this product lives up to my expectations
The different ways of fitting it onto the bed are a clever idea and the light can be moved around in all sorts of directions without fear of getting burnt. The silver is great for my boy but it would be nice to have a different colour available for my daughter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed, 31 Mar 2008
Mr. J. Hooton "Hoots" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I have two children with high beds with sofas and desks underneath, I bought four of these lights, one to go on top and one underneath each bed. Within two weeks two of the lights had got so hot the tops of the lights melted and one just stopped working. The fourth lasted about six months before it stopped working. I went out and bought new lights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Update on straps- Situation rectified, 1 Oct 2007
mcah "mcah" (Wimbledon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this product because there was nothing like this on the market. In fact I bought two! It arrived promptly and I was impressed with the fact they have included fittings for different circumstances. Mostly it is safe for young children because it doesnt heat up and so they wont burn themselves or set bedding and curtains on fire. It is also easily bright enough to read by and you can bend it out of the way if you want to reduce the light to a night light for sleeping.
When I received the lights, I installed both and within 2-3 days all straps had broken. I was not happy, so I emailed Spearmark, the manufacturer. They were brilliant, explained they had had a problem with strap quality, had now changed the spec and were sending me out new straps. These arrived within 2 days (free of charge of course) and with a note of explanation and apology.
I installed the new straps and have had no further problems. The new straps are fine.
So you can now buy this light and know they have improved on the earlier review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant light for kids!, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
I bought my first bunkybed light 4 years ago for my daughter's highsleeper and it is still going strong. It has never needed a replacement bulb or part. The light fits really easily and quickly on the tubular type bed, using the special mounting clip, and there is a another type of mount in the box to fit over a standard headboard. (no screwing needed with either method). I have recently bought another one off Amazon for my sons bed. Fits perfectly again even though tubes on his bed are much narrower. The light is so safe for kids as it stays really cool, even when left on all day. The kids love their lamps because they are flexible, can be bent into position to suit whatever they are doing, switched on and off from their sleeping position and just look really cool!!! My only critism is that the lead could be slighty longer, but with a bit of faffing around, and using a plug extension socket, this was easily overcome. More down to our bedroom layouts than anything else!!! These were the only type of this lamp I could find on the market, with a secure fitting and cool bulb. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 months, 24 Oct 2012
V. Watson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
This was bought in June '12 as a replacement. Unfortunately it started showing an intermittent fault within about 6 weeks then failed completely in Oct. Not recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 2 Nov 2010
This review is from: Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
Ordered 2 lamps, one worked one didn't. Outcome 1 happy child and 1 sad child.

Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver