4.0 out of 5 stars Campingaz 4D Quickpump
Pump is lightweight, compact and easy to use, ideal for use with Coleman/Campingaz inflatable mattresses, nozzle is specifically designed for use with the double valve system that these airbeds utilise and makes inflating them a quick and easy task.
Published on 6 July 2009 by D. Coulson-West

1.0 out of 5 stars No puff at all
Terrible product used 2 lots of 4 x size 'D' batteries and only managed to inflate an air bed twice, it took absolutely ages to inflate, was really noisy and seemed to just putter out of steam as the bed (eventually) took shape - not enough power to make mattress firm enough and a bad nights sleep.

Also, there was only 1 adapter included - for the same money I...
Published on 15 Sep 2011 by W Law

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficiency, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
a little noisy, but easy to use. it is small and easy to put it anywhere at home and car.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after two uses., 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
Purchased this to replace a non-functioning pump for air mattresses. This unit looks very similar in construction to the old one, except it only has one nozzle adaptor which is of poor quality and required constant pressure to keep it in place while inflating. After using it a couple of times, it now no longer works (batteries are OK). Avoid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not powerful enough!, 22 Feb 2011
Rob (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
This pump is ok for an airbed with a valve system - it'll get there eventually. However, I bought it together with a campinggaz airbed, which doesn't have a valve. The pressure of the air inside the bed once you get to about 80% inflated is too much for the pump to work against. Had to finish off by huffing and puffing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pump if used with alkaline batteries., 20 Aug 2014
AS (Surrey or West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
Great pump, used it several times to inflate a double airbed.

At first just used some very cheap D batteries which pumped up the bed twice but not very firm.

Then I switched to some alkaline batteries and noticed a massive increase in power - pumps faster and firmer and they even last longer.

For our most recent trip my partner also bought some of the vacuum pack bags for our sleeping bag and pillows and the pump even managed to vacuum all of the air out of them.

The pump is great for us as we can use it indoors when staying with family and out camping with or without a car.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst blow job since..., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
Just when the airbed was getting hard, it stopped blowing. pressure is poor. good if you want a loosely filled airbed and like touching the floor when you sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gizmo!, 27 May 2011
Ms. Rachel P. Reading (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
So I recently bought a coleman pthalate free double airbed, and got this pump to make inflating and deflating the bed easier, and I am really happy that I did

It comes with it's own little storage bag, and pumps up the double bed in 2 or 3 minutes - the same to completely deflate it

Really pleased, very easy to use thankyou!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a festival, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
I bought the pump for Glastonbury and it was really handy. It was quite light to carry so didn't weigh me down on the long trek to where we camped and it was quick to pump up all the airbeds in the group. We also used it to top up the air levels over the week. I would definitely recommend it for camping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick and easy., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
Got this along with the Campingaz Smart Quickbed Single Airbed for Bloodstock Open Air Festival 2014.
Both worked brilliant and I was able to get some decent sleep which I wasn't able to with a roll mat.
The only draw-back is that they are both heavy.
I'd advise taking one of the batteries out when packing it and the switched is easily switched on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boston valve boat inflation, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
First , a confession : I didn't buy mine from Amazon , but I did check out the reviews here before finding it at a lower price at a local shop ( the price here now matches that !) I was also unsure if it would work with the inflatable I wanted it for , a Sevylor boat ( which I did buy from here :-) ) .
So for anyone else wondering if this little contraption will do a good job inflating a boston valve equipped boat compartment , the answer is yes . You may need a final little bit of work with a footpump to get up to the required pressure , but this thing shifts plenty of air ,, an effortless 2 minutes to inflate using it compared with a 10 minute aerobic workout with the Sevylor foot pump that came with the boat . I considered car socket powered devices , but this is a lot more suitable for times when the boat has to be carried a little way from the parking area , much easier to carry it in the bag and inflate it next to the water !

As someone else has noted , another major plus is the ability to switch to the inlet port of the pump and 'power deflate' the boat , which makes it possible to get the boat back in it's box .
The pump is chunky and hefty with the Dcells in place , the latches and switch seem well made and the adaptor locks in neatly . I'd be reluctant to store it in the supplied drawstring bag in case it was dropped or knocked and the protruding port was damaged , so I'm keeping mine in the cardboard box with the cells tucked round the edges.

So why only 4 stars ? Well the only adapter included is the boston valve one , so the three compartments of my boat which have standard airbed type narrow valves are not catered for . Not wanting to cannibalise the pump that came with the boat I either use the foot pump for those ( admittedly smaller ) compartments or scrat around to find some old adaptors and bodge something together with duct tape .

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs beyond expectations, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Campingaz 4D Quickpump Campingaz (Sports)
Received this pump today and it is a perfect size. Not too big and not too small. Ideal for camping trips.

I put Uniross rechargeble batteries in mine and the pump weight is very light as the batteries are half the weight of normal D cell Duracell or similar. I would recommend that anyone considering this pump gets some rechargeble batteries for it.

I had my doubts as to whether this pump would actually work however, I am extremely impressed with it's performance. It pumped up my double Coleman mattress in well under 4 minutes (which is far quicker than say a hairdryer).

For the money, I would say get one as there are other makes which are nearly double the price.

You won't be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›