Format: DVD|Change

on 25 October 2014
I love this version, I've read the book so itv's version of the end was surprising but I absolutely adored it, thought the actors were brilliant, the way they told Anne's story was original and the chemistry between them all was amazing. Much prefer it to the BBC adaptation, as I own both but this one is the one I have had to see several times over.
on 17 August 2015
Very pleased
on 18 September 2007
I saw fans video on youtube and then I really want to see this adaptation of Jane Austen novel so I seach for and find it on this site. I received my copy yesterday and whatch it 4 times since. I love this story and I'm going to read the book. Sory for my english it's not my first language so i probably made mistakes.
on 16 April 2010
This was such disappointment. It had some great things going for it - production design and cast - but a terrible "Hollywoodised" script sucks all the subtletly and pathos from the story. I'm not a militant Austen purist but the liberties taken here with dialogue and plot are so ham-fisted as to be unforgiveable. Do yourself a favour and watch the BBC Amanda Root/Ciaran Hinds version. Or better still, read the book.
on 9 January 2008
I always find that after watching a period drama i immediately go out and read the book. I feel no such urge after watching this rubbish.

I found this dull and uninteresting. Where was the story and drama. Why were we not introduced to the characters when they first fell in love?

Anne was plain and dull, I could not see any redeaming features in her, she had none of Lizzie Bennet, Marianne Dashwood or Emma Woodhouses elegance, charm or spirit and I simply found it unbelievable that a gorgeous man like Captain Wentworth would even give her a second glance.

There was no tension and no relationships just people in costume walking around. Where was the drama. Anne and Captain Wentworth had about 2 paragraphs of lines each!

Very poor.

If you want drama, good acting, a plot and gorgeous men watch

Emma- Gwynneth Paltrow
Sense & Sensibility - Emma Thompson
Pride and Prejudice - Colin Firth

and even Keira Knightly's P & P was good too.

Hope this helps. Wish someone had written a review like this to save me wasting my cash. Want to buy a DVD anyone??
on 13 February 2014
Was there any point in doing this after the earlier fine BBC version (screenplay by Nick Hearn)? I thought it was rubbish with poor acting, insufficient definition of the characters especially the three Elliot sisters and the two Musgrove girls, and as for the ending....!!!!
on 12 December 2014
Well acted
on 24 September 2013
Don't get me wrong this version of persuasion has its merits. The problems start with the main characters and their lack of connection. Both are a bit uninspiring. Then ending contains a lot of running about which is annoying. So to sum up: a but dull but worth a watch if you have nothing better to do.
on 15 January 2008
It was more like an episode of The Bill, with Anne Eliot sprinting around Bath, and the weird zooming in and out of the camera.
on 28 February 2014
Terrible, terrible. SO inaccurate. Does anyone making this movie have any understanding of how Jane Austen's characters work? The heroine is a weak pathetic creature who dithers her way through the entire story. And Captain Wentwortht isn't any better.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse