4.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this on spec in Lisbon 2 weeks ago...., 25 Feb 2007
This review is from: M'Bem Di Fora (Audio CD)
I bought this in Lisbon having heard her on a radio 2 programme a few months previously - really really good - super voice, very danceable, no dud tracks, will be looking to buy her earlier stuff having heard this.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best buys, 30 April 2007
Philip Songa "Phil" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: M'Bem Di Fora (Audio CD)
Got this over the weekend and cannot get enough of it. Great voice and technical style to match. The songs are varied - poignant, reflective and full of life. Stand out tracks for me are Bida Mariadu, Poinciana, As Agua and Festa Di Nha Kompadri.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, 8 Oct 2009
This review is from: M'Bem di Fora (Audio CD)
I must admit that I didn't know anything about this lady but was captivated by her voice when I heard one of the tracks. I realised she was singing in Portuguese and thought, at first, she was Brazilian because a lot of her music has a very latin feel to it. I now know she is from the Cape Verde Islands, although now lives in Portugal. Since I bought the disc many friends are telling me she has appeared on TV here, as well as at festivals etc. Sorry I missed her before but shall look out for her in future.

In summary, I love her music, love her voice - and play this often.

ARRAY(0xb68d0fd8)

M'Bem Di Fora
M'Bem Di Fora by Lura (Audio CD - 2007)