5.0 out of 5 stars replacement transmitter Polar Heart rate monitor
Published on 8 Jun 2010 by A. J. Montgomery

2.0 out of 5 stars Great transmitter shame about the battery
The transmitter itself it great, it send reliable heart rate stats to my horizon cross trainer, however the fact you cannot change the battery and have to discard the transmitter is a joke, in the modern day where recycling widespread to require you to discard a perfectly useable device and purchase another due to a battery needing to be changed is ridiculous.
Published 22 months ago by Dangiel

2.0 out of 5 stars Great transmitter shame about the battery, 3 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement transmitter Polar Heart rate monitor, 8 Jun 2010
A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
I have an old Polar wrist watch/pulse monitor. I was frightened that when the chest piece-transmitter broke that I would have to buy a complete new kit. I need not have worried as the signal transmission seems not to have altered with fashions. I was very pleased to be able to buy this replacement which works perfectly with my watch. Thank you Polar for looking after your customers.

3.0 out of 5 stars T31 Uncoded polar HRM, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
I bought this for use with equipment at the gym - notably a Precor treadmill and a STAR TRAC spinner. I decided on the uncoded version as it was cheaper than the coded and had never seen another gym user using a HRM. Before i used it I read that STAR TRAC will only recognise coded straps but was relieved when it did connect and it worked really well - stayed connected. No interference luckily but that was due to spinners being in the far corner of the gym away from most equipment and no other users wearing HRMS.

However on the treadmill my HRM was detected on treadmills both sides of me and I also found the connectivity and measurements were erratic - this could be due to the fact that the HRM was trying to connect to other equipment near by. I would recommend paying a bit extra and buying a coded one.

Also you cant changed the battery on this. When its dead its dead - however you do get 2400hrs / 5 years of use

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 21 Jun 2012
Stephen Webb - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
Works really well no issue connecting it to any of the equipment at the gym. very easy to put on. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Great! Just what I wanted!, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
I purchased this heart rate monitor as all the ones at my gym had disappeared. I didn't want or need anything but that which I ordered. It works both in the gym with the Technogym treadmill and in the spin studio with the Keiser bikes. It is ready to be used and comes with an adjustable belt. I am very happy with my purcahse.As it is mine I don't have the displeasure of someone else's sweat on it. Yippee !

2.0 out of 5 stars battery not replaceable, 28 Nov 2010
R. Stark (Rome, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
I bought the Polar T31 as a replacement for one whose battery was depleted. While the product works well I downgrade it because of the manufacturer's designing it so that depleted batteries cannot simply be replaced. The company does make other models (more expensive, naturally) whose batteries can be changed but it is very "un-green" to make any products that need to be thrown away simply because a battery cannot be replaced. As a protest, I will replace the Polar receiver with another company's product when my current Polar transmitter's battery is depleted -- unless Polar changes its policy with regard to non-replaceable batteries.

I should add that the battery to the receiver of the model that comes with the T31 can be changed but the manufacturer recommends that the product be taken to an authorized repairer to effect the change. I managed to do it myself but it wasn't easy and there were no instructions in the product manual. Again, this is very bad policy and quite anti-consumer. Again, more expensive models are describe as having batteries that can be replaced by the owner. This is bad. I expect better of a Scandinavian manufacturer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life span, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
Fine to start with, but after only 5 months the battery seems to be dead and, of course, it can't be replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working properly, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
The Transmitter is working properly. Using Technogym equipment and have not experienced any issue with it.
Good purchase indeed at the right price.

1.0 out of 5 stars One size chest strap and it may not fit you., 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
Chest strap comes in medium only, no option to have large when placing the order, I had a feeling it would be too small and it was.
Large straps are available as a SEPARATE order only for an extra £10 - why?
Usual Amazon rapid service though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on older running machine., 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter (Sports)
I was a bit concerned that this may not work as my machine is over 10 years old. No worries though as soon as the treadmill was turned on it started to give a heartrate reading, much better than the system fitted to the treadmill which is often inaccurate and means holding onto the metal contacts whilst running. An added plus is this can be used to monitor heartrate whilst doing other activities so long as the treadmill is powered up and the screen can be seen. It came supplied with a medium strap which I thought would be too small but no its fine as there is a large amount of adjustment,(I normally wear XXL size tops).

Polar T31 Uncoded Transmitter