5.0 out of 5 stars Light but sturdy
After reading some of the previous reviews on this product where the reviewer states that they are made of plastic, but are very sturdy, I was a bit hesitant. However, at the price I was willing to take a chance.

All I can say is I'm glad I bought these "cheap" ones as opposed to the more expensive steel stands. They are fantastic!

When you open the...
Published on 1 Nov 2009 by P. Wilke

2.0 out of 5 stars Form over function
This push up stand is just not as good as the standard round 'I' shaped ones. As another reviewer noted this stand is prone to lateral movement, this is especially the case when performing wide grip push ups. Also, the the grip is rectangular and is not very comfortable. As someone who does lots of push ups (at least 160 at each session) I would not recommend buying these.
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by Average Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but sturdy, 1 Nov 2009
P. Wilke (South East, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)

When you open the box they do not, at first glance, inspire confidence. Not that they look cheaply made or anything like that. But they are so light that you wonder if they'll be able to take you weight.

No need to worry though, at 6.2" and 97kg's I have absolute confidence in them. They are sturdy as a rock and the black foam covering is soft and non-slip. I am absolutely astounded that they don't even flex when in use. These are definitely a winner for me. I'll be taking them overseas with me when I travel as they are so light that they barely make a dent in your luggage allowance. I see them being used for years to come without failing.

The only down side is that there is a complete lack of instructions in or on the box. The stands are slightly sloped downwards in one direction so that it gives a natural angle for your hand and wrist and you need to use them with the lowest point towards you and the highest point facing away from you. Would be nice to have just a one line instruction on the box, but it only takes a few seconds to figure it out.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential gear, 6 Aug 2009
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
I've used these stands numerous times now and have been impressed with the grip and sturdy construction. The stands are slightly angled reducing the strain on your wrists even more so than standard pushup stands, in addition the handles are cube shaped and, along with the soft padded foam grip help to ensure ur hands don't slide out of position as can be the case with standard round bar grips.

Initially, i thought the build quality of these to be suspect, given the plactic material used, however i weigh 14 stone and they can take my weight comfortably - even when used for dips (aka placing each one on 2 kitchen stools and lowering urself between them).

Overall - great value, plus given their lightweight and compact size they would be great to take on holiday or on any other occasion where you are away from a gym yet want to workout. This sets them apart from the Gold's gym pushup stands also sold on here which are much heavier. Using stands enables a greater range of motion and helps shift the workload to ur pecs and triceps whilst reducing strain on the wrists - essential gear for anyone looking to build upper body power or just to tone up.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Pushup Stands - very good for Yoga exercises, 7 Feb 2009
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
I have carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis in both wrists and could no longer do weight-bearing Yoga exercises that put my wrists at a 90 degree angle. The York Pushup stands have enabled me to resume exercises requiring an inverted position. They are simple in design, lightweight and work well. I recommend them highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice bit of kit, 14 July 2009
S. Beresford - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
I'm 12 stone and have no problem with these stands, if you like your push ups they are ideal. i have a pair of screw together bars ones and they wobble and the wing nut screws broke. these are plastic but sturdy and I find them a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars These almost do the pushup for you!, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
Pushups are great exercises, but I found them pretty unpleasant because of wrist strain with my hands flat to the floor. The alternative, a fist, is little better. These stands are great - they feature soft cushioned handles and are made of sturdy plastic. They made doing pushups a pleasure and allow a better pushup and a more enjoyable experience. Highly recommended and at a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and decent quality, 23 Oct 2009
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
These push up stands help a great deal if you have problems with your wrists when doing 'conventional' push ups. They seem to be reasonable sturdy (I have been using them for 12 months) with the only problem being that they can be affected by lateral movement, so are not quite as stable as the bar style ones, for example Golds Gym Push Up Bars

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality product, 26 May 2011
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
I like these Push Up Stands. They helped me to increase dramatically my chest, shoulders and arms. They are stable and lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful fitness enhancer, 10 Jan 2011
Rosalind Healy "fernhill gardener" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
I bought these for my son to encourage him to keep fit- he is a very hard working postgraduate student. My partner has had exactly these press up stands for a while and recommended them highly. I can't really speak about them as I don't do press ups but my men think they're a great work-out. Very simple and can be used anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item strong feel, 29 Mar 2010
Mr. R. Rochester (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
This is a great item and for the right price.Had read some fo the reviews which all were good so when mine came i was so happy i made the right choice.They had soft foam handles and are made from strong plastic they were arrived in just 2days and was well package.so you would be made to buy the ones that turn as they have had not good reviews
(Rotating Press Up Grips)avoid that item....nd get these you will not be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Mar 2010
Y. Mirza (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Pushup Stands (Sports)
All in all this is a wonderful product. The handles are extremely light-weight and at the same time sturdy enough to hold large amounts of weight. Would definitely recommend.

York Pushup Stands