4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin!
While they may be a little stronger than I'd expected, they are exactly as described. I do have small hands, and it was a bit of an effort at the start to comfortably hold the grips so I could squeeze them, but with use my hands have gotten used to them, and I use them frequently now. Well packed, decent delivery time, a nice simple transaction.
Published on 18 Oct. 2010 by Brendan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good. Ok for the price.
They come in a nice package, and they do also look good. At first they may be a bit tough for you, especially if your a woman or not trained. However if you use them everyday it'll soon be - not easy - but less craving for strength. That means you have built up strength and/or muscle.

They do though have a plastic feel to the grips. They are covered with soft...
Published 11 months ago by August

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin!, 18 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong case for qulaity, 11 Sept. 2010
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I'm very pleased with the grips - comfortable handles and powerful springs. Glad I chose the extra strong ones as it's possible to squeeze them all the way closed and I'm no Superman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 17 May 2013
Mr Owl - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
Help improve the strength of your arms with these handgrips These ones are pretty strong but as the previous reviewer said, best get these as the others may well be too weak for you. These have nice soft, effective grips.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth getting this version., 19 Oct. 2010
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I first used a pair of these while away, and immediately decided I 'needed' some at home! Having got some other York products, I maintained brand loyalty, and am pleased I did. The 'extra strong' handgrips make all the difference, and really give the lower arms and wrists a great work-out. You should be careful not to overdo it, however: the ache often sets in hours later! If you have small hands, it might feel as though they're too big, yet this seems not to impact on the exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
These are great for hand and forearm strengthening and worth the price, only issue is that because of the grips being created the same way, it is harder to grip in the left hand than in the right. But still a great product for when you have a spare moment, just pick them up and start squeezing.
Packaging and boxing was fine, and was delivered in no time at all :)

4.0 out of 5 stars York Extra Strong Handgrips, 5 Sept. 2012
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I received my Extra Strong hand grips earlier today, they are not the kind of product that I need to use for weeks to give an accurate review. I purchased these as I have been doing lots of weights lately which has been great for my biceps, however my forearms are and always have been small and weak so I wanted to get something to make them a bit stronger. The grips are pretty good, I could push them all the way down straight away, and I don't really feel much in my forearms whilst using them, but I feel a lot in my hands, in my fingers especially as they hurt after use, but I guess this is because they are weak, and using the product will strengthen them.
I am giving the review 4 stars because although it's not a major deal, and has been mentioned in the previous reviews the hand grips started to squeak after about 10 minutes, and they then squeak every time you push them down, which does become annoying, but other than that, they are well made, durable and I do believe that they will help me strengthen my hands/forearms with more use.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love york`s handgrips........., 6 Jun. 2010
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
i have been taking exercise for last 8 years...& i tried lots of handgrips.but the york`s handgrips r really amazing...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for strong-gripped people., 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
Like the rest of the reviews of this product, I would agree that ideally you need an already strong grip to handle these without giving up. I'm a bassist and already do weights, so my grip has strengthened to a relatively high level anyway. My advice to those who want to strengthen their grip from scratch would be to buy the lower-level ones first, and then move up to this level when comfortable (no shame in it, just sense).

Good product for a great price. Only odd thing about the grips is that they leave a weird and vaguely unpleasant smell on your hands. But then, if you're a really intelligent person - like my fine self - you can use the power of water and soap to wash this away. Genius.

Just don't break the tap off with your insanely-strong hands post-workout. That would be bad. But these are good!

4.0 out of 5 stars York Handgrips review, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
They're great. They simply do the job. A bit of squeaking but that doesn't trouble me at all and I can just solve it with WD40 if I wanted to.
The pads are nice and comfortable, I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with small hands though.

Also, don't hesitate going for the extra strong ones, they're not for athletes, they're just a bit harder to do. I got these because my hands were really weak and I wanted to bulk them up and the extra strong ones were fine, and I'm slowly getting better at them every day.

I only took out one star because my hands are quickly being accustomed to doing 20 of these in one go so they're not really becoming a challenge anymore.

Another great, functional and cheap York item with super fast delivery.

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 20 July 2010
This review is from: York Extra Strong Handgrips (Sports)
these work very effectively you can see a difference within a few day the only down side is that they start to squeek after only a few times, expect some brusing on your palm which stopped me from working on that arm for a few days

York Extra Strong Handgrips