4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money
This product is an inexpensive hand grip that does the job it's designed to do although the ergonomics (how it fits on hand) is not great.

Great value for money.

GOOD:

Cheap;

Durable;

Does the job.

BAD:

Ergonomics.
Published on 28 Jun 2007 by Mr. V. Goncalves Da Silva

3.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions
I have only had these for 3 days now, but I thought I would my share opinion on them for anyone that is thinking of buying this product. I will do a follow up review later at some point if I change my mind on them.

Published on 27 May 2007 by Christopher Redman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Jun 2007
Mr. V. Goncalves Da Silva "v silva" (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews

Great value for money.

GOOD:

Cheap;

Durable;

Does the job.

BAD:

Ergonomics.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely good buy, 4 May 2009
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I bought the York Handgrips for my dad who suffers from MS, as his hands feel numb at times he feels that excercising them helps them and this product does the trick.

He uses them every day now and say's that his hands are definately a lot stronger than before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 9 Mar 2010
C. D. Jarvis "Chrissie Jarvis" (Worcestershire, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
Happy with the product. But more info on the strength needed to use them , other than 'strong" would be better.
Bought as an excercisor for strengthening movement following hand injury, on advice by physiotherapist. Too strong to use initially.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spring feeling, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
Definitely helping to strengthen my arthritic wrist and hand. I usually squeeze and repeat about fifty times and then hold closed for a count of fifty. Use once or twice a day.

3.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 27 May 2007
Christopher Redman (london, england United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)

Firstly I'm kind of gutted that amazon reduced the price by a quid a day after I ordered them. You do get what you pay for, I mean they are only £4 now so don't expect anything amazing. Even so, they are relatively effective, as far as I can tell so far, at toning up your forearms and strengthening your grip. A problem would be that they are slightly uncomfortable to use, and get some getting use to. Although, this may be exaggerated slightly in that I don't have very big hands. They are useful because the hand grips add a bit of variety to my workout, especially since I play racket sports and need a strong forearm.

There are better hand grips on the market, but the york one's are cheap and relatively effective. The only problems I can foresee are that the resistance in the grips may weaken over time and the actual grips on them is already slightly discoloured.

Hope this was useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars so so, 21 Mar 2009
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I've no idea if my grip strength is improving but these are fairly comfortable. It's quite annoying how these are already making a squeaky sound when I use them after just 2 weeks. My plan was just just use them when watching tv but now they squeak it makes it quite annoying. But they are fairly comfortable and I didn't get any bruising like other people complain about with other hand grip products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 22 Jun 2007
Mr. D. Woods "dwoods92" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
There's nothing special about this set of handgrips, which pretty much sums up the York range in general. As the other reviewer has said, you get what you pay for: the grip is slightly uncomfortable and they're not the most durable when compared to better (and more expensive) products on the market. But hey, they're under a fiver and they definitely have had an effect. After a week, I felt an appreciable extra strength in my forearms and hands so this represents good value for money.

Well worth a purchase, especially if you just want a set as an addition to your existing weight routine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 4 July 2009
Michael Garbutt "Michael G" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
I bought these as my first pair of handgrips so they were a little difficult for me at first. However, after a few days they were a bit easier to use. I don't think this will be solely due to muscle build-up but more because they seemed to slacken off a bit. Now I find them the perfect strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 14 July 2014
This review is from: York Strong Handgrips (Sports)
Happy with this, no problems at all :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014