5.0 out of 5 stars I must defend this
This is an excellent product if used properly, if you were new to a gym you wouldn't jump straight onto the heavy weights. its the same with this. You should start on you knees with a small motion and then progress.
If used properly it is a wonderful excercise which gives great results. As always talk to your doctor before using.
Published on 4 April 2008 by Mr. S. Lloyd

1.0 out of 5 stars Throbbing pain!
Published 1 month ago by D White

5.0 out of 5 stars I must defend this, 4 April 2008
Mr. S. Lloyd "Steve" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab ab-wheel, 20 Jun 2009
C. J. Gowing "minnie the minx" (Lancaster England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
I purchased this item to use in conjunction with a sports trampoline - not at the same time!! - I find it extremely effective for tightening my ab muscles - I have only used it for 3 weeks & wouldn't be without it - such a simple piece of equipment but very very good - do mind though if you have back problems although I have minor back problems & I've been fine - I would recommend using the ab wheel kneeling on the floor not standing up as this would put too much pressure on a back that had problems - enjoy your ab-wheels

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ab Workout, 3 Jun 2011
Mr. Ed "edsheadsaid" (Japan) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
In regards to the reviewer who said this product is unstable - yes, it is. That is part of the point. Using something naturally unstable, i.e. a roller with a single wheel puts considerably more stress on your abs, and engages far more muscles in order to keep you balanced. This is a very good thing! In much the same way as doing free weights in the gym will give you a much better workout, and engage a great deal more tiny stabiliser muscles than opposed to using a machine, with only one possible plane of motion - so this roller will hit your entire core much harder than using a roller with more wheels to keep you balanced.

This is a very challenging exercise to do, even for those who are reasonably fit, so take things slow, as always, and build up over time. Starting on your knees is obviously the way to go, to do a full extension and return from your toes will require some super-human conditioning!

This roller isn't made to last very long, but it does the job well, and doesn't cost the earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of a well rounded routine!, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
This Ab Wheel is fantastic for those who wish to develop their core strength and abdominal muscles in the gym, at home or whilst away from both! It is light-weight and is easy to collapse into two parts for easy transport.
As stated in several other reviews this is not a piece of equipment that should be launched straight into; basics should be applied first to ensure good strength and balance of all the muscle involved. Simple exercises like "The Plank" can do this before you progress onto the wheel.
If your body is ready for this then you can't go far wrong - great product, great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 16 Sep 2010
Silver (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
My advice would be that if you haven't used an exercise wheel before then take your time and get used to it. I've used a wheel for years and the York is just the latest in a long line. It's nice and strong but lightweight and does the job. Just don't try to do too many at the beginning. Once you're used to it though it's great for your core muscles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Throbbing pain!, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
The idea of this wheel is brilliant but not this particular wheel. I bought it because it was such a good price but.... wrong decision, It is cheap and for a reason. Having assembled it, I rolled forward on my new wheel but the whole thing collapsed on me trapping my hand under it. The plastic wall of the wheel split and cut my finger but worse was my thumb which had been trapped by the handle as the wheel collapsed on my thumb, and with my full body weight on it too. I was momentarily in shock with the pain and was left with throbbing fingers and a thumb for what seemed like ages and later my thumb slowly turned black. From reviews written there is something very wrong with a batch of these wheels. I was sent a replacement called a 'Bruce Lee' wheel, which has two wheels and is a far more solid and stronger tool for the job, so be aware and choose carefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheely good, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
This has now become one of my favourite things in the world! It's well put-together with two hard plastic tubes that slot into the wheel and the grips are really comfortable. The way it works your abs is fantastic, you can really feel the difference after a few days. It's versatile - you can start slowly and can add more difficulty by just pushing out a little further, and it's easy to pop the tubes out and stow it in your luggage on trips, for a bit of anaerobic action abroad! Loving it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for core stability, 8 July 2011
H. Mullens - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
Pretty awesome, definitely effective exercise for Abs. Get your bodyfat down and use this wheel with a few other ab exercises and you'll look ripped.

3.0 out of 5 stars Go for the 2-wheeled version instead, 30 April 2008
James (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
This wheel is very unstable especially if like me you're on the heavy side, so the two wheeled versions of the ab wheel are much safer to use. Ensure that you round your back and keep your abs tight when rolling out to do the full exercise otherwise you're going to experience some back pain. If you are untrained, very heavy or have a weak core this exercise is going to be difficult, so you can start out by doing the ab wheel roll out on your knees and work up to going on your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Exercise Wheel, 16 July 2009
Giuseppe H. Addante "Guss" (Jersey-Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
You want a more challinging workout for your ABS, this wheel will give you a hard time but great ABS. 100% Recommended.

York Exercise Wheel