5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Stuff
We're actually using this stuff for several purposes. We have it under a treadmill to protect the carpet. It was so good, we bought another pack to put under the washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room. It helps to prevent vibrations up to our sons bedroom above. Now we're buying some more to put in the backyard to create a soft play area.
Published on 16 Feb 2009 by J. Bassett

3.0 out of 5 stars Get them all at the same time...
I bought two packs of these mats for my home gym, they are very good value for money although I think I would have preferred something more heavy duty for my weights gym. Nevertheless they protect my floor.
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by DBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Get them all at the same time..., 22 Jan 2010
DBA (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
My only negative is that you should calculate exactly how many packs you need before you buy. When I purchased a third pack which allowed me a 3x4 rectangle, the colour of the mat was a much darker shade of grey, so it now looks slightly odd. One pack provides four mats, two will give you 8, which is one short of the 3x3 square, but allows you 2x4.
It is packaged so that provided you are using squares or rectangles you should not go short of edge pieces. These mats are not thick enough or appropriate for Judo.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but with some compromises., 5 Mar 2011
Janus Johansen "Muad" (Drumconrath, Meath, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
Ok. I'll start out by saying I have a total of 8 packs of these tiles, so I'm obviously dedicated to using the york flooring.

The soft bounce the tiles provide is perfect for light weight work, and adequate for step aerobics and working out in front of your gaming console/dvd player/bluray device. Even skipping becomes easier.

Here's why I didn't give a fantastic score.

1. The cutout lines and sizes aren't 100% the same from set to set (buy three to four sets, and the odds are you'll be left with one set of tiles that doesnt quite fit). The result is that once you lay it all out, some joins wont lie flat to the floor.
Joins not lying flat leads to joins breaking mid session, leading to the user tripping up. A frustrating affair at best,injury causing at worst.

2. When pads are used as a support for cardio workout there's a tendency for them to slide around quite alot. Stops have to be put on all for sides of the mats, otherwise you end up chasing them around your room.

3. Get sweat on the mats and they WILL soak it right up making them VERY SLIPPERY and caution is to be used. Personally I keep a mid sized towel handy for when I need to floor work.

Having highlighted those negative points I would still prefer these tiles to many of the alternatives out there. But before you buy you should consider getting a RUBBER mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Stuff, 16 Feb 2009
J. Bassett - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Jan 2009
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
We bought these for under the new gym equipment that we have just had delivered. The garage floor was hard and a little uneven, we put down some fibreboard sheets first to level off, but these provide a nice shock absorbant base and are easier underfoot and level the equipment to prevent rocking in use.

Fit together very well and look very neat and tidy, I just hope they can endure long term heavy duty wear with little adverse affect.

First impressions very good and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars padded floor tiles, 10 Sep 2009
C. Green "book worm" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
I bought a set of these tiles for softening the floor beneath my skipping workout.
To begin with I was going to use them outside on the grass but they are not really heavy enough to remain flat on grass. Next I tried on our rough concrete area(gravel incorporated into concrete and rather unforgiving if jumped on) but again I found the matting was a bit light for outdoors and windy conditions although they would be ideal in a garage out of the weather.
Indoors the mats pushed together like giant puzzle pieces and I decided to use just two to cushion my jumping .I put them down on our laminate wood flooring and found they stayed put very well and dulled the loud thwacking sound of my skipping rope. I can use plimsolls for skipping with this matting as it is cushioned, rather than having to wear thicker trainers on the bare wood.
The other two pieces of matting are put on the floor in our bedroom over thin carpet ,for when I am working out and are ideal for floor exercise because they take the hardness out of your spine when performing crunches or sit ups and are less strain on wrists for press ups and yoga.
The tiles are easily separated again to put away.
There is no permanent bowing if you stand them upright in a cupboard.
I like the woven pattern surface effect which stops them being slippery. The pieces are about 1 square metre each and there are 8 edge pieces to make a smooth surround when all are put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
This product provides an essential platform for heavy exercise equipment which is to be used in your home. It is simple to construct and offers good protection for your floor covering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting floor protection, 4 April 2011
A. S. Jones "jeffnandy" (somerset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
I'll keep it short. Have had this under a 100KG weights machine with leg press attachment over a laminate floor. Next to this have it under a treadmill. Has been in this position for almost 5 years and is still in very good shape. With a little cleaning now and then I expect it to last in this position at least until the weights machine gives up the ghost. Very hard wearing stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution for Wii Fit Balance Board, 24 Jan 2010
Linda (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
When I first used my Wii Fit (Christmas present) I realised I was not getting the same results as when I used my sister's. Obvious I suppose as I have badly fitting floorboards rather than a good flat floor with solid carpet on which to place the balance board. Tried on a towel yes much better but far too slippery.
Strapped for cash as one is after Christmas I bought these floor tiles because of the price and the other reviews.
For the obsessive these might not be the ideal solution but for me they are perfect - they are cheap, they do their job well and they are easy to store in a small London flat. An absolutely excellent solution to many similar problems I would have thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars GYM FLOOR FOR CELLAR, 3 Nov 2009
Bobbyboy "Gym Rat" (By the seaside U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
Built a gym down in my Basement, the floor was a bit damp so i decided to cover it with these floor guards.
Not only are they ideal for the gym equipment and weights, they are also ideally padded for sparring and keeping the place dry.
Would highly recommend to anyone, especially if you suffer from a little bit of damp which could cost a fortune to remedie, this product has cured that and is also excellent for comfort, not to mention protecting the floor too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but a major flaw, 28 July 2010
This review is from: York Interlocking Floor Guard (Sports)
Got three packs of these for my home free weights set up. They are great and look nice. Easily indented so if you require something firm dont buy. Seem to be doing a fine job of protecting my carpet though.
So far I've got 140kg plates to one side and a bench on my lot, they are slippery than I would like, and they are moving apart, ie not locking together very well when in use as per the other reviews. Possibly because not wall to wall.

Overall would I buy again? Not sure, I'd probably pay marginally more for better quality mats but for this price range you're laughing.

York Interlocking Floor Guard