5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & comfy
Was trying to find a replacement for the nicely padded mat I use for yoga lessons which invovles lots of kneeling and lying on the floor. (Old one had been nicked in the recent home burglary!!)

This is really comfy for yoga & floor exercises in aerobics.
If thats what you need it for it's great
Published on 27 Feb 2009 by Helen Catlow

1.0 out of 5 stars Seam split after one use.
This is not a good exercise mat. I used it once for some very light exercise and the seam split. I think it's because the outer cover is a very tight fit over the inner foam, so it's under too much tension. I returned it for a refund and bought the following mat instead, which is much comfier and has not split...
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by C. Page

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & comfy, 27 Feb 2009
Helen Catlow (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)

This is really comfy for yoga & floor exercises in aerobics.
If thats what you need it for it's great

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly!, 14 Oct 2009
M STYLES (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
I bought this mat as I was looking for something that would be suitable for home use when I do my exercise DVDs, as I didn't want to do sit-ups/press-ups on my carpet. This mat is perfect- it's a good long length, so you can stretch out on it fully, it's nice and soft so you don't hurt your knees/back/elbows. It folds up nicely so you can tuck it under the sofa or behind a door, and best of all, it's got a whole range of exercises actually printed on the mat for extra motivation! I don't use it for yoga or pilates, so i can't comment on how good it is for those types of exercises, but for basic things like stomach crunches, stretching and push-ups, it's perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seam split after one use., 2 Feb 2011
C. Page - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 28 Oct 2009
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
Got this mat to replace an old one which had seen better days, and it's fine; fairly comfortable as the padding is thincker than some of the cheap mats out there, and it is also long enough for your whole body which many exercise mats aren't. I use it with my ab-trimmer, and it does the job. Good value for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, more for kids than adults, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
This mat is ok but only just. It's thin with lightweight foam inside so not much cushioning. I'm not sure who's it's designed for, I'm 11 stone and my knees go straight through to the floor. I think it would be great for small adults or children. But I think I'll buy a yoga mat.

3.0 out of 5 stars all round good, 28 July 2010
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
its a little plastic so sticks slightly to you back, but for the price very good and serves the purpose well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent exercise mat for those not wanting to spend a fortune, 6 July 2009
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
If you're not a fitness nut used to fancy equipment and only need a decent, non-expensive exercise mat because you don't want to have to do your workout on the floor, I can recommend this product. It's only just over 2cm thick though, so I'd want to use it on a carpet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done, 20 May 2009
J. J. Preston (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
Wanted something that would provide some padding to do some core exercises on a hard floor. Not really that portable but if soft carpet is in short supply around your home, it gets the job done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible waste of money, 12 Feb 2010
R.P. McMurphy (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
If you have a hardwood floor, do not buy this. It slips all over the place, and the fact that it is wafer thin means that the floor still feels as hard as it ever did. Rubbish.

3.0 out of 5 stars york mat, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: York Exercise Mat (Sports)
The mat is red on one side and blue on the other, the coloured dye off the mat stained my clothes. i have big red patches on the knees of my trousers and the back of my t-shirt so beware and wear old clothes. Im glad I rolled my new floor rug up and dont have carpet.

York Exercise Mat