4.0 out of 5 stars Very good weights recomended
Published on 6 Nov 2008 by Mr. Matthew Binns

2.0 out of 5 stars York 10kg Weight Set
The weights are not as well made as I had expected. A number of the weights have small cuts in the vinyl covering. I guess that ultimately you get what you pay for but I was nonetheless a bit underwhelmed by this product. It's probably worth paying a bit more for a one of the premium branded competitor products. However, the weights arrived a day after they were...
Published on 16 Feb 2011 by EpsomFD

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good weights recomended, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I got the weights recently and really like them. I have found them to be sticky but you do not notice this when your using them and it helps the weights to stay in your hands. The Sizes are 2.5 Kg, 1.5 Kg and 1.0 Kg. They are easy to use and within days of using them I have found that my arm muscles are getting builded up which is what I wanted. I fully recommend these weights if you are a beginner or novice just like me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good weights, did their job, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I got these for rehabilitation purposes because I have cerebral palsy. They come in a nice box for easy storage, unlike some other reviewers I had no problems with a lasting smell from the vinyl - the box smells when you first open it, but by the following day the smell had gone. I still use them for yoga, but they did their job quicker than expected, I no longer need them and am now looking to purchase some heavier weights.

4 stars because unless you get them perfectly lined up in the box the lid doesn't shut properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value weights set, 5 Nov 2008
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
This is a good value set of weights at the lower end of the spectrum which is useful for toning and gentle muscle building. The weights are nice, bright colours and the texture is slightly sticky so you are not likely to drop them in use. The carry case is useful for storage and to avoid losing the individual weights. Much cheaper than buying them individually and having the range of 3 sizes means you are more likely to exercise sensibly. It also comes with a useful poster showing a range of exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Everything You Need It To, 2 July 2013
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I bought this set of weights for my girlfriend recently (she wanted it, I didn't force them upon her) and she really likes them. They come in accessible weights to start off working out with them. I have my own set of weights, and I was able to help her out, but the chart that comes with it provides some really good starting points for this. The case they're in seems tough and rigid, as do the weights themselves. I can't pick any negative points with these, so it's an easy 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Some Good Dumbbells? Your Weight Is Over., 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
Nice little set of light weights. You get 3 pairs of dumbbells (2.5 Kg, 1.5 Kg and 1.0 Kg) that are vinyl coated. They come with a carrying case for easy storage, and I guess you could take them with you on trips if you're so inclined.

Consider getting them for toning up your arms or rehabilitating an arm injury. Also recommend Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff if you have shoulder problems or want to avoid one.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 17 Jun 2012
SuperMummy (The Fylde (U.K)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I have never been a 'fitness freak' and have never owned a pair of weights until now.... Now i have 3 sets for the bargain price of 19.99.
I have started to exercise at home using fitness DVDs and weights seem to be an essential part of this and so i opted for these. I have only used the 1kg weights and will gradually move on up, i guess and iv got em all in 1 box when i do.
The box is also essential with inquisitive little toddlers around. The box is quite sturdy and also tough to open for little hands so no worries there.
Quality wise, they seem well made, they don't smell unless you stick your nose right up to them and have a good sniff (who cares??) and i don't find them 'sticky' just grippy and thats not really a bad thing.

Really happy with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 22 Dec 2011
Tamsin (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
Just what I was looking for, a set of dumbbells that came with a (cheap) case so I would a) have somewhere to keep them and b) if I ever needed to move them it would be easy enough to do. The grip on them is great (if a little sticky)and the weights themselves are an ideal size for my hands since I have rather small ones and with previous dumbbell experiences I have found the dumbbells to be too chunky and ended up holding them awkwardly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 26 Feb 2010
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I purchased these as I wanted to leave out
a pair of weights by the TV that I could just
grab and use with my Wii fit.

I have found them to be perfect, just what I
was hoping for.

There is a slight tacky feeling to them, but
I have found this to be a good thing, as it
reduces the risk of them flying out of your
hands when you get a little sweaty.

I also use them whilst dancing to the Just
Dance Wii game, instead of holding the
controller, and whilst using my mini exercise
cycle.

I do have another set of dumbbells, the type
where you have to screw a nut on the pole to
hold the weight on, but I was put off this type
after one of the nuts came off once, and the
weight dropped off, just missing my foot.

This set is a bargain, and I would recommend
them to anyone interested in buying this style
of dumbbell.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners, 31 July 2013
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
bought for 13 yr old who wants to start training. good that it can be put away in the case. One problem was that one of the clasps on the case was broken! Great that it was free delivery as the main reason for buying online. Too heavy to carry from shops!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For the Price!, 22 May 2013
This review is from: York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg (Sports)
I needed a new set of weights, the reason i went for these was price and the fact they came in a carry case! perfect for my workouts, the weight i wanted but a small gripable size whilst gigging about!!!

Good Price, 3 weights for the price of one set really!

My only gripe would be the colour is already coming off the weights rubbing onto the other weights, the carry case and even my sweaty hands! but it does wash off!!!

I would definately reccomend them, just remember you get what you pay for.

York Vinyl Fitbell Kit in a Case - 10 kg