5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, high quality product which has multiple uses.
Published on 23 Jun. 2010 by km.ord

3.0 out of 5 stars No Feet
These stands have no feet (floor pads), and are wobbly unless your floor is perfectly flat. Other than that they are well constructed. It is best if you can bolt the stands to the floor.
Published on 27 Dec. 2011 by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, high quality product which has multiple uses., 23 Jun. 2010
km.ord (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
These squat stands were very easy to put together; and the build quality and overall stability is far superior than it looks in the pictures - which probably adds credence to its previous price tag (its current price is an absolute steal). The welds are very tidy, and the smooth fit of the slides gives an overall impression of quality craftsmanship and rigidity. The pin locks are extremely secure (where the bodymax ones aren't), and there is also a screw in knob at the back of each post - this only needs to be tightened slightly, which prevents any wobbling and rattling from the stands when in use. As squat stands, which is what they are, they serve the purpose perfectly. They can also be stowed away easily, without being obtrusive, when not in use.

What is even more significant, is that the stands are absolutely perfect for bench pressing if you have, say, the York 13 in 1 bench, or any other type of dumbbell bench without barbell supports. I was a little worried about this at first, and matched my bench height (flat) with the lowest advertised height for the stands, which is 110 cm. This setting seemed to be ideal, although it was even better to discover the lowest setting is not 110cm after all - I can confirm that your barbell will rest exactly 1 meter (100cm) from the floor, which is low enough for most people when using for flat bench pressing. Not only that, but you will also have at your disposal, all the extra height adjustments for your incline presses. In fact, it is thoroughly useful for military presses too, as you won't need to bend all the way to the floor any more, to pick up the bar. The Marcy spotters have a limited height range, which is only suitable for flat bench presses - its maximum height is around the 90 cm mark.

I can conclude that this excellent product has a range of uses and is not limited to being just a squatting rack. Oh, another thing I almost forgot to add, is that there is a section where you can rack weights at the bottom of each stand. This is perfect if you want add even more stability to the unit. If you are considering buying this product because you feel it will be useful for your workouts, you can't really go wrong - it's a great investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of equipment, 12 Oct. 2009
George Brown "Daza" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
Had these for a year now. My local Gymn got rid of the squat rack so I was lost and thought I would try these.

I can honestly say I have had great leg development since using these. Managed to get up to 130 K and the stands took it with ease (my legs didn't though). Would be lost without them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much perfect, 20 Jun. 2010
Mr. A. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
For £74.50 these stands are perfect for a home setup - if you need more than 150kg on your squat, you probably need to go to a full gym (also, well done, christ). Easy to put together, even by a DIY moron like myself, and very stable and secure. They also look nice and sharp, for those who care about that element. I haven't used them in conjunction with a bench for other exercises yet, but their lowest height appears to be fine for benching.

Sidenote: the footplates in the middle are slightly different than pictured. They're bigger, and have a hole in for screwing them to the floor if you wish to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and versatile, 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
Space in my home gym is very limited, so for me it's important that the equipment I put in there is versatile. This was why I settled on these stands as opposed to a fixed stand/bench combination. I wanted something that would allow me to do squats as well as bench press and shoulder press, but at the same time would not take up a third of the available floor space and could easily be moved out of the way when necessary.

Pros: easy assembly, sturdy, good quality, not too expensive, weight disc storage, good height range (bench height to squat height with lots of positions inbetween).

Cons: the lack of a handles makes it hard to adjust the height of the stand without removing the bar and weights first. If you're using quite heavy weights, I can see this being a pain in the backside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matts Review, 6 Sept. 2010
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
I'v had this item about a month now and believe the hype because it definatly walks the walk and is not all talk. One thing the other reviews missed is that if you put the recks up to their full height you can do chin ups on it (I'm 5'9 and about 65kg)just raise your legs when you do them and its fine. A really sturdy piece of kit excellent welds excellent finish and is a great piece of kit for working those legs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't stop the squat., 23 April 2012
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
These are great: they are well made and solid. I stopped doing 2 legged squats years ago as I couldn't lift the required weight on to my shoulders. I had compromised by doing lunges instead.
You need a flat surface and some extra weights to "anchor" the rack. I'm already after having to order more 10kg plates as my squats have gone thru the roof.
Other uses:
You could also use this for bench press but you would want it very well anchored, there are holes in the base plate for screwing it into the ground if required.
I also use it for Inverted rows which is an awesome exercise, if you are not doing these then you better start, excellent for the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong And Easy To Assemble, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
This is an excellent product. Great price. I can use it for a variety of uses such as bench press, shoulder press as well as for squatting.

It is easy to assemble. I assembled my stands within 10 minutes. The seem very strong to hold the weight without the fear of tipping over.

However the stand needs to be used on level ground otherwise it will shake and rock due to any uneven surface it is on.

Other than that, I have seen many gains in my legs, chest and shoulders without the need for someone to spot me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 29 Mar. 2009
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
Strong, Sturdy, versatile racks. A good addition to a home gym. Assembles easily and looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 5 Mar. 2011
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
When looking to expand my home gym set up, some squat stands were the next thing I needed to take my workouts into the next level. Looking around, it was either these or the bodymax cf310 which are a bit cheaper. I am so so pleased I went for these, as they have exceeded my expectations.The quality of these is excellent. All welds are neat, the finishing really is great. They look really smart too, the black and silver finishing is good and they will last decades.The design is where they stand out for me above the bodymax ones or similar. The design is excellent, allowing you to walk between them without tripping over, and remaining very stable. When using the stands you have total confidence that they will do what is required. They have a hole to bolt to the floor, and a storage post for weights on the base too. I am 6'4, and they are perfectly high enough when not even on the highest setting. Could be used for pull ups if you were shorter/kept your knees up. I really do reccomend these, I was umming and arring at the price, but it truely represents fantastic value for money and I wouldnt hesitate to buy some! As usual, amazons delivery was top notch, delivered the next day and fully trackable. 5 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars squat stands are the best, 5 Mar. 2012
K. Buckingham - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands (Sports)
these sqaut stands are the best you can buy for the money,they are strong sturdy and easy to use and they last ,i have had loads of different sqaut stands and these beat all of them hands down

York Heavy Duty 2" Squat Stands