5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product
I bought this bench as I'm limited on space in my garage/home gym and needed a more versatile bench that could offer more than the usual inline/decline bench features. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality and robustness of this bench as mentioned by other reviewers, it's really solid. The additional positions that it offers such as hyper extensions is fantastic...
Published on 22 Jan 2009 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but annoying
I bought this for it's sturdiness. As you can tell by the picture it's a lot stronger than your average crappy one from Argos. So in that respect, it's a quality product.

However, the major problem i find with it though is that it can take a long time just to change the positions. The holes are way too tight & most of the time i'm forced to use a hammer to...
Published on 11 May 2010 by Max C

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value bench!, 5 May 2009
M. Currie (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
I have been using this bench for a few months now and I'm really pleased to have found a strong, well built product. I bought it primarily because of the way it folds for storage and I've been able to easily store it underneath a single bed. (For those of you wanting to know the exact dimensions when folded flat they are 155cm x 39cm x 26cm or 145cm x 39cm x 18cm if you remove the ankle support).

The adjustments between positions are mostly easy to make. In one or two of the positions it is sometimes a little tricky to locate the pins or move the legs but at this price for a bench that is so versatile, I really can't complain.

All in all a good buy, I would highly recommend this bench.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Whining, 13 Feb 2009
M. Villarosa (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
Some of the reviews on here Ive found to be really "whiney". People complaining that its too much hassle to shift the bench into the multi positions for different excersises. Look, if youve already commited to a training programme to build strength, endurance and enhance your physique then surely taking (literally) a few seconds effort between sets to change the benchs position should be A SMALL THING TO ASK. And no, its not complicated to change the pins to shift the bench's position at all, any person with reasonable intelligence (which makes me wonder at some of the people leaving these reviews) should be able to manage it.

I guess it all boils down to just one fact in the end, some of these reviewers who complained about the above are just, LAZY. There are no quick fixes, if you want to make minor/major improvements youre going to have to put some/a lot of work in. Anyway, after my own rant, I want to say that this product is awesome.

The quality of the leather used is first class and its extremely robust and classy looking which goes a long way in helping to motivate me in doing my work outs regularly. It also folds up nicely so you can store it (secure against something stable first) against a wall (mine's between a bookshelf and a side-wall) or just under the bed.

Sometimes, I just leave it an upright position in the spare room we have and use it as a big chair it looks that cool. Incline and Decline positions are great and you get a lot of value from this product for the you invest.

Ill often leave it in a decline sit-ups position for quick abs sessions in the morning and night before bed. Buy this product if your looking for and affordable, practical and space-saving addition to your fitness regime and dont want the hassle, expense or travel involved with joining a gym. but if you do..you have to stay commited to get maximum mileage out of your purchase. But Im very happy, hope you will be too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13 in 1 bench, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
After much though and a lot of review reading i finally went for it and got the 13 in 1 bench.

Delivery was on time so that's perfect.

On opening it was seen the bench was already pretty much ready to go (in the stored position) i only had to add the foot piece which was simpler than simple. So any review that states otherwise is bonkers

The quality of the bench itself is what u pay for. In my opinion more than enough to train at home with and using a reasonably heavy weight.
I have trained and competed for some years so Im no poser.

Adjusting the bench itself was a cause for concern after reading past reviews but i have had no problems at all changing position during training. Very easy and not anywhere near as bad as what other reviews have stated.

In all this review was more for future buyers, its perfect and i would say for what you get this price is excellent and you would probably struggle to find something this good no matter what you budget was. It really is a good training bench. Don't listen to any bad reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solid bench, 18 May 2013
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
Don't listen to these reviewers saying the bench is hard to change position anyone with half a brain cell can do it simply by looking at the pin positions on the diagrams, solid bench, quality product. Folds flat for storage under my bed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to adjust, but no regrets at all!, 9 April 2012
Good points - Why you should buy this bench:
-Extremely sturdy bench
-Awesome quality
-It fits under my bed
-The picture doesn't do justice, suits all my needs
-It has a very sturdy foot extension that really locks my feet in place when doing decline sit-ups, the bench doesn't move a millimetre.
-Should be good for tall people, I'm 5'10 and there's LOADS of room

Bad points - Concerns: There is no doubt that this product can be tricky to adjust during a workout. I think there are 4 pins - 2 you can push and pull out, 2 you need to screw and unscrew. My problem is the ones that just push in and out, they are sometimes very stiff and although I'm lining up the holes perfectly, it still wont go in, gets stuck half way down and it can be very frustrating. I'm considering using some kind of oil to 'lube up' the holes.
Also, you have to put the bench on its side to change positions.
It is quite heavy, it shouldn't be a problem for the ''average-strengthed'' man, but still does take a bit of effort bringing it downstairs. I would advise storing as near your workout space as possible, but if not don't worry, you bought it to work out right?
At first you'll probably have to 'read the manual' to know how to change the positions, but really don't worry after a few time you get used to it and it becomes common sense.

I have no regrets for the price and quality, I think it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Good build quailty., 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
I can not fault this product, all entire set is rock solid, easy to change bench positions. 10/10! Took less then a minute to setup and figure out the pin positions

5.0 out of 5 stars York 13in1 Hyperextension Bench!!, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
To start with I was looking for a sturdy bench that could handle myself plus a heavy weight, mainly for my shoulders so had to have a 70degree+ incline. Looked around and all were over 120. Next i came across the York 13in1, looked at it thought it looked good and met my requirements. Read the reviews and was worried about changing the position of the bench.

The Bench is of excellent quality heavy duty and would fit nicely in any gym. The positioning of the pins initially takes a little getting used to but so soo simple to use youve once it a couple of times. Think it was the best purchase I made in a very long time and can see the bench serve me well. 6 out of 5 for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Bench, 17 Oct 2009
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
An excellent bench. Very easily adjusted to its many configurations (instructions well laid out with illustrations). Solidly made - well worth additional cost over cheaper models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Descent Bench, 5 Oct 2009
S. Fuhrmann (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
This bench from York is reliable and sturdy as already pointed out by other reviewers. Hyper-extension exercises work wonderful on this bench.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bench., 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: York 13 in 1 DB/Hyper Bench (Sports)
Not long had this but already impressed by its sturdiness and build quality. Great for a range of exercises, with or without weights.
Think I'll get a good few years out of this piece of kit.
Would highly recommend.

Just read a few of the more negative reviews and had myself a good laugh! The bench is too heavy to lift on it's side? Guy's give up the weights and get yourselves a stationary bike, peddle away and watch loose woman...

Had it a few weeks now, no flakes of grey paint on my carpet and no pulled muscles from having to shift the bench around.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›