4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid little bench
Pleased with this - dispatched and delivered efficiently. Quite easy to assemble, though the instructions could be a bit simpler.

Generally very satisfied - robust, well designed and easy on the eye, which is nice.

Minor gripes:

- It's 'compact' (i.e. a bit small).
- The rubber feet on the seat-end legs fall off if you look at them...
Published on 21 July 2010 by talkingmunki

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitness bench
Published on 20 Dec 2011 by Johnny Rogga

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, solid bench., 18 Jun 2009
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Top bang for your buck here. Sturdy, easy to set up and most importantly practical and comfortable to use. Slight criticism in that the seat and the backrest are a little too far apart, and part of the metal frame can dig into your lower back/ tail bone. However this is easily remedied with a pillow or by shifting down a little bit. Highly recommended! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good relationship between quality and price, 24 April 2012
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
So I had been looking for a bench to start kind of my home gym since I lack a bit of time and will (more like) to go to the gymnasium nowadays.

I searched for a few months for a fitness bench because I'm one of those guys that reads a lot of reviews sees a lot of products and analyzes each and every detail in them and in the end I get down to 2/3 benches and can't make up my mind about which one to buy.

But I have to tell you this was a fantastic purchase. I use the bench regularly, almost every time I workout at home and it delivers. I can do all the exercises at ease in upright, flat and incline positions and it's really what I was looking for.

I would give it a 5* if it wasn't for one single detail which is when the bench is in flat position there is a space between the bench and the back support that can make a difference on your lower back when you get up. I placed a small cushion and it stopped being a problem. Still the Pros largely outweigh the Con by a long margin.

Too long didn't read: I decided to give it a try for my workout exercises at home and I couldn't ask for anything better as far as quality and price goes. Recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitness bench, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
A comfortable bench. Well made. The only downside is that I couldn't get the bench to go completely flat, having used all the options with the adjustments at the back. Same with vertical back rest, it didn't go fully straight, therefore not being able to support the lower and upper back at the same time. I have a welder friend who is going to make me some brackets to customise the bench to go flat and fully vertical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and solid, 13 April 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Bought this because i wanted a small weights bench in my home office for dumb bell work. Arrived promptly and well packaged, thank you Amazon.
The bench itself was simple to put together, a one man job. Instructions were clear and it took no more than 30 mins. When setup the bench is very solid and seems good value at the price I paid. I've had it for several weeks now, using it 3-4 times a week, not excessive weights, no more than 30Kg dumb bells, but for that I have found it copes easily. According to the spec it is rated up to 200Kg (inc user)
Bottom line solid, sturdy little bench, easy to setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product., 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Product arrived promptly with all parts and was easy to set up. According to the specification it can take 200kg (inc. user) which for the money makes it, in my opinion, great value. Many of the benches with barbell holders etc that sell for around this price do not support such a large weight. The lack of said barbell holder is a shame but virtually all bench related barbell exercise can be performed with dumbbells so this is no great loss, in fact using dumbbells is more demanding. If at a later date you want to use the barbell then stands are available that will just go either side of the bench, many squat stands will do the job and are in fact designed to.

In summary, a good investment unless you are an advanced weight lifter who needs to be exceeding the weight limit of the bench.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid., 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
There were a couple of little things I wanted to add that I hadn't seen in the other reviews. The thing is self assembly and rock solid in construction. There are two long bolts which are only 4mm different in length which I obviously put in the wrong spots. But that's part of the quality. Rather than use same size bolts they've thought about it. Nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 5 April 2010
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
This is a good, sturdy, comfortable bench for anyone wanting to workout at home. Its not too dissimilar to the ones they had at my local gym, the only difference being that you have to use a slightly annoying pin system to lock the adjustable back-rest in place each time you reposition it. This can get on your nerves after a while if you constantly change the angle, but otherwise you'll barely notice it. The 90 degree angle is seriously upright, so much so that its a little awkward, but still useable. All in all, excellent for the money.

Just don't order it from Millets Sports!! It took them around 2 months to deliver mine and I kept getting conflicting messages from them about when it was going to arrive - shocking customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 22 Jan 2010
delia0118 "delia" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Very pleased with this purchase. It was easy to put together and very sturdy.
My son has been using it daily and would definitely recommend. Another plus was the Courier Company City Link delivered 2 days after ordering when the snow was still thick on the ground.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 26 Mar 2009
S. MCCLOSKEY "Seanymac" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Received this product and build within half an hour, very easy to assemble and very sturdy. Is very similar to the one at my local gym. Padding is good, look forward to many years use out of this, excellent range of inclines availble too.

Thoroughly recommend to anyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy assembly, SOLID frame., 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Great bench, easiest piece of exercise equipment I've ever assembled (could be done without the instructions), the frame is so solid and gives great support you could easily bench 200kg on this I reckon. Well Happy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›