5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitness bench
I bought this bench to use in my home gym and I'm well chuffed with it. Easy to put together and, considering the price, simply the best around. I needed quite a strong bench, considering I bench over 120Kg so, at 200Kg max, it's just on the limit.

Published on 8 Nov 2010 by Griff

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitness bench
A comfortable bench. Well made. The only downside is that I couldn't get the bench to go completely flat, having used all the options with the adjustments at the back. Same with vertical back rest, it didn't go fully straight, therefore not being able to support the lower and upper back at the same time. I have a welder friend who is going to make me some brackets to...
Published on 20 Dec 2011 by Johnny Rogga

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitness bench, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)

Quick tip though, there appears to be some confusion when fitting the seat which leaves a large gap between the seat and back rest. If there is a large gap then you've fitted the seat the wrong way round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value sturdy bench (200kg limit)., 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
I just picked up this bench as a recent change in work hours means I can no longer hit the Gym as often as I would like, and so I thought I'd invest in some equipment for home. I have to say, I was sceptical at first due to the low price (was reduced to 74.99 at the time of purchase), but I'm thrilled with it, good quality at a bargain.

The bench is robust and sturdy, easy to assemble and great value for money. The bench is also suitable for loads of upto 200kg including body weight (Amazon doesnt mention this rather important tidbit in the item description for some reason).

One thing I should point out however is the bench seems ever so slightly smaller than a typical commercial gym bench, though the difference is barely noticable after a while. Finally the built in dumbell holders are very small, and seem to be designed with those little colourful plastic ladies dumbells in mind. They are flimsy (I bent one with my hand accidentally), and ugly. You would certainly struggle to holster most standard dumbells in them.

Overall I'm happy, it does exactly what its supposed to, and was half the price of some of the comparable models.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid little bench, 21 July 2010
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Pleased with this - dispatched and delivered efficiently. Quite easy to assemble, though the instructions could be a bit simpler.

Generally very satisfied - robust, well designed and easy on the eye, which is nice.

Minor gripes:

- It's 'compact' (i.e. a bit small).
- The rubber feet on the seat-end legs fall off if you look at them funny, but a dab of glue should sort that.
- It doesn't fold up at all - while it's 'compact' (i.e. a bit small) it can't just be tucked away unless you have a decent-sized hole in which to tuck.
- The hinged support arm is clipped to the main frame with a pin - to change the elevation you tug it out, line it up and slot it back in. It's perfectly robust and not a big deal, but not as convenient as a sliding mechanism if you want to change the angle a few times in a workout.

It comes with clips on the frame to hold dumbells... but only little light ones, which perhaps reflects that this is really more a bench for the smaller person doing lighter weights. Not really me as a 6'2 bloke... though as a newbie it'll certainly do for now. If you want something to grow into or do serious weights on, you might want something a bit bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to build sturdy bench, 20 Oct 2009
P. Woods (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Been going the gym for years so knew what i wanted for in the garage at home. Looked at many different benches in shops and on line and ended up buying this one which im really pleased with.
It was simple to assemble, looks nice and is sturdy with none of the dredded wobble that comes with other cheap benches.

It can be adjusted for incline, decline or left horizontal.

its easy to move and will stand upright on one end if you need to shove it in a corner. one of the back wheels is a little stif but tbh i just lift it out the way rather than dragging it anyway

would recommend to a friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bench for men and women., 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
As others have already said.... this is an excellent bench.

I was looking for a heavy duty flat bench when I spotted this offering from York.

It's easy to put together and feels very solid when lifting heavy.

Adjustment is easy and fast and the bench feels very solid during use.

The thick padding is comfortable and the vinyl covering should last a long time.

It's a surprisingly compact bench and it can be tucked in a corner on it's end when not in use.

In short... this bench is a bargain.

(59.99 from Lloyds pharmacy... just sayin)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, compact and good value for money, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Assembly was easy and despite what the instructions say, did not require the help of another person. As pointed out by other reviewers, the dumbbell holders are a waste of time - you might as well leave them off.

The bench has a thick padding and is very comfortable. It is sturdy but quite small, which I suspect may cause problems for taller people (I am 5'7 and for me it is perfect). The back rest has five different positions; it goes from flat to 90 degrees. The seat however is not adjustable and this is one of the few drawbacks. Castors fitted to the back feet make the bench easy to move around as necessary.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product., 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Product arrived promptly with all parts and was easy to set up. According to the specification it can take 200kg (inc. user) which for the money makes it, in my opinion, great value. Many of the benches with barbell holders etc that sell for around this price do not support such a large weight. The lack of said barbell holder is a shame but virtually all bench related barbell exercise can be performed with dumbbells so this is no great loss, in fact using dumbbells is more demanding. If at a later date you want to use the barbell then stands are available that will just go either side of the bench, many squat stands will do the job and are in fact designed to.

In summary, a good investment unless you are an advanced weight lifter who needs to be exceeding the weight limit of the bench.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product best home bench we have had & we have had a few!, 3 July 2009
R. Matthew - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Very easy to assemble,good sturdy bench. This is the probably the best home weights bench on the market for the money.A little tip,if you have a large gap when you fit the seat, take it off & turn it round then you have a very little gap & a handle to lift & move your bench around.Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, excellent price, 17 May 2013
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
I bought this few months ago when it was on-sale on Amazon for about 60 GBP.
The international shipping was free, and there's no way I could find a better deal locally (Finland).

The bench is solid, strong, took 30 minutes to assemble on a lazy Saturday morning.
The dumbell holders are kind of useless to me, so I didn't bother attaching them.

I have been regularly using it with dumbells of 35-40kg x 2 plus myself (90-100kg) and never heard a squeak.
I use it mainly for dumbell bench press, dumbell row, seated shoulder press, and overhead triceps extension.

It's fast and easy to adjust, the surface doesn't absorb sweat or body odor as far as I can smell, and the wheels and its light weight make it easy to move around.

Overall a great addition to my home gym!

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Bench, 8 Feb 2009
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Brought this bench, took about 40 mins to put together at a slow pace. Very easy to put together. For the price it is fantastic, with the ability to go from flat to incline/vertical easily and having a max of 200KG.

Its light to move out of the cage at will but still very sturdy. The bolt that holds the seat in place is a little stiff, but nothing a little oil couldnt fix.

The seat is very slightly off centre, but its more a cosmetic issue rather than practical, and you really have to be fussy to notice it or let it bother you.

Its not the widest of benches nor the thinnest, for me at 11.5 stone 5ft 8, its perfect and a fantastic bargain/buy in such credit crunch enviroments.

York Fitness Bench