on 16 May 2012
Great value for money. An excellent cross trainer, very sturdy and easy to use. Takes a couple of hours to put together but pretty straight forward - best with a clear head and better with two people, as many parts and screws and bolts! I use it most nights and am starting to feel the benefit. Still waiting to lose weight but still early days and will need to push a bit harder.
on 2 February 2008
Just received our cross trainer..I put it together myself..didn't take too long and the destructions are easy to follow...it's great for getting the family fit
on 2 October 2011
My son and I have had really healthy workouts on this machine. But above all else, the aftersales service from York has been outstanding. There have been a couple of issues we needed to contact York with, and the service from the York team has been outstanding. Would recommend their machines without hesitation as a result of our experience.
on 3 May 2011
I've had this about a month now and it's fantastic! Feels just like the ones they have at the Gym. The motion is fluid and it's very quiet. You can easily use it whilst watching TV.
It did take long to put together, but everything is very clearly labelled and set out on the instruction manual.
Great product!
on 15 December 2011
I bought this product based on the reviews on Amazon and the price. Now that I have received it, I have to say I am not happy with it.

It took about an hour to build, and the instructions were very clear. The bike/cross trainer itself is extremely robust and pretty solid and the function is smooth and silent, so no issues there. However the cycling option isn't really a comfortable ride. I have had exercise bikes before and they usually have a strap that goes around the pedal which feels like a bike, this doesn't have it, so it takes a lot of training before you can adjust yourself to it. Also the resistance control is mechanical, which basically means you can't program the bike for a specific type of workout(which most gym machines have). The advantage of this is that an electrical control failure(like on most electronic gym machine) isn't going to break this kit. What really bothers me is that the calorie counter IS NOT A CALORIE counter. It's just a number of revolutions you have done divided by seven as indicated in other reviews. This is very misleading and there is really no way to measure your real progress over time.

Pros: A solidly built machine.
Cons: Lacks electronic resistance control for programming workouts, Calorie counter misleading, cycling is not the most comfortable
on 4 July 2013
I can't recommend Yorke cross trainers and their customer care LOW enough!

Two years ago I bought a £400.00 Yorke cross trainer and in the intervening period I estimate that I have been able to use it less than 100 times! The cause? Well, I've had six separate arms, including the two that came with the machine originally. I've even gone to the extreme measure of getting someone to weld a couple of the arms to see if that would help, but sadly no even this was no good. They just broke away from the welds.

As for the response of Yorke's customer care department, well they're just as useless as their equipment. On the numerous occasions that I've spoken to them, both by e-mail and on the telephone, I was given the same response.... If I want to buy a replacement arm then that's fine, but in one instance I had to wait SIX MONTHS for the part to be delivered! And don't bother to ask for a senior member of staff, as that gets no response at all, just more stonewalling by their so called "customer care" team!

So, if you too are 6ft tall, and weigh anything over the 17 stones that I do, and think that a Yorke cross trainer is for you, then I recommend that you look elsewhere. Good luck.
on 28 December 2013
Was almost a workout in itself putting this together. Needs a few DIY skills to construct. Once all up and running works well, looks good and I am feeling the benefit of using it already. Found some good tips on exercise programs etc. on the website when I registered the product.
on 30 August 2012
After a delay over delivery, i was very pleased to receive this product.
I have been a member of a gym, but cancelled recently when I realised I
was wasting a lot of money on my subscription and not having the time to go.
This machine compares very favourably with the ones at the gym;
Very smooth, sturdy, quiet-running. It gives a good workout on level 2 !!
I'm not as fit as I thought I was !! The adjuster actually works !!
Everything works, just as it should. The quality is excellent.
It wasn't just the time spent IN the gym; it's the time spent going there
and back. Now, I am able to do my excercise at home in some underwear, saving washing a change of
gym-wear each time, jump straight in the shower, and get dressed for the day.
This time element is so important for me, as a full-time worker.
I waited till this machine was half price once I had done my research and decided
this was the one, so at £250 it was a very good buy. (That's the full-price of the
elliptical only without the bike seaT )
on 15 April 2012
This is an excellent product having used it for 2 weeks. Very smooth and has got all controls / display features that I wished for. Assembly wasn't an issue at all - done in 2 hours and only one step needed 2 people. Product gets 5 stars but the way Amazon handled the delivery could have been better. Delivery date requested was not kept, changed without my information and changed again and then there was a fault in the warehouse resulting in non-delivery and so on. Eventually had to cancel the first order and place another order resulting in 3 weeks delay. Amazon customer care was excellent in replying quickly but I guess the communication between Amazon and the company responsible for delivery was very poor resulting in numerous cancellations/rescheduling of delivery date.

Certainly recommend the product.
on 4 May 2013
This product in my opinion,deserves 5 stars.The quality is excellent for the price and for a home use 'cross-trainer.Assembling is frustrating or a challenge;depending on your frame of mind:either way,when finished,there is certainly a sense of accomplishment.

See one answered question