5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, excellent machine
This product is an excellent buy at the price and I am exceedingly pleased at my purchase. I bought this over an year ago and have used it consistently since then. It is very well made and lets you get on with your exercise.

Pros:
* Very sturdy in my experience. Once put together properly, the equipment is rock solid. The equipment parts are heavy for a...
Published on 11 Jun 2009 by wolfcub

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets you fit just just building it!
I have to agree with the other review regarding building this thing, the huge selection of nuts and bolts together with an instruction manual making reference to codes that dont exist makes building this equipment an exercise in its self!! Have someone help you build it, there are a couple of times that an extra pair of hands are needed and many times where two brains...
Published on 4 Jan 2008 by Shilen

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars York XC350 Cross Trainer, 16 May 2012
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
Great value for money. An excellent cross trainer, very sturdy and easy to use. Takes a couple of hours to put together but pretty straight forward - best with a clear head and better with two people, as many parts and screws and bolts! I use it most nights and am starting to feel the benefit. Still waiting to lose weight but still early days and will need to push a bit harder.

5.0 out of 5 stars York XC530, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
Excellent product.... Silent operation....Easy to use.

Putting the XC530 together took a little patience...not because it's difficult but because I'm impatient.

I have used it every day since I bought it and can only sing it's praises.
It's a sturdy machine and I have lost 10 kilo's in 5 weeks. It's tightens muscles as the weight comes off.
Okay....I understand not everyone will be doing 45 minutes to an hour, every day but if you can do regular
exercise, you are going to see results.

Put the TV on or blast some tunes...(I've even Skyped with it) Before you know it...your beach body will be ready for the summer!

I love my York XC530 ... I have imagined I have won 3 Tour de Darlington's and several Milk Shake races and I still have the legs for a
gentle ride or two in the country!

Happy Cycling! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 Feb 2012
Mrs. D. M. Evans "Marg" (Stafford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
This item was received very quickly. Only used it once yet, but looks very straight forward to use, certainly gets your heart pumping.
As far as the assembly is concerned, it does take probably nearly two hours to assemble and does need a degree of common sense. If you are no good at self assembly then maybe it isnt for you, lots of nuts and washers to work out. But having said that my husband found it quite straightforward.
The Excercise Bike itself is very well made and very sturdy and looks like it will do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb aftersales service, 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
My son and I have had really healthy workouts on this machine. But above all else, the aftersales service from York has been outstanding. There have been a couple of issues we needed to contact York with, and the service from the York team has been outstanding. Would recommend their machines without hesitation as a result of our experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars quality is ok, but, 29 Jun 2011
A. D. Heale (Neath ,South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
Quality is good on this machine, but, after all these months, the interest in the wifey using the machine has now waned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excercise for the mature male, 25 Jun 2011
J. Lchapman "Dave Chapman" (Castleton, N Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
The York XC530 replaces our old bike and gives us a trainer at the same time and at a good price. So, more room more fitness. It needs patience in the building but is sturdily constructed and the onboard electrics are simple to use and offer a challenge with the heart rate fitness measure. A good buy for a not too over enthusiastic later middle aged man - I do feel better for the daily 10 mins.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for gentle use, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
compare to the cross trainer I used in the gym, this is just not very stable -- it wobbles a bit in use, from left to right, you could feel the cross trainer moving with you during exerices! But I guess it's never going to be as stable as the ones in gym as it's quite a lot smaller and possibly cheaper.

It starts to make a squeezing noise almost straight after use as well but we were able to fix that.

In general, it's OK to use at home, does what a cross trainer should do.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 May 2011
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
I bought this product for my wife who wanted something easy to use in the home. She built it herself in about 1.5 hours and found the instructions quite manageable, using the diagrams supplied to sort out any queries the assembly instructions threw up. Bare in mind, the packaged product is quite heavy and she had to unpack it to transfer it upstairs. When assembled, it has a very smooth action and we have it in the room directly above the living room and it doesn't disturb downstairs when someone is on it. I would recommend the dual bike/crosstrainer for anyone whose fitness is not great. My wife says that if it were purely a crosstrainer, she wouldn't use it as much cos she would give up, but being able to sit down and keep excercising gives the legs and breath time to recover before doing more cross training. Even our 5 year old daughter is having lots of fun on it!! Great product and a great price!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trainer, 5 May 2011
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
Excellent machine. Not too difficult to put together. Only minor complaint is the difficulty in keeping the seat straight as it occasionally becomes loose through use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun, 3 May 2011
Bee (New Forest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Sports)
I've had this about a month now and it's fantastic! Feels just like the ones they have at the Gym. The motion is fluid and it's very quiet. You can easily use it whilst watching TV.
It did take long to put together, but everything is very clearly labelled and set out on the instruction manual.
Great product!