5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous album, 18 April 2007
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (Audio CD)
This album really is beautiful. I think that j-lo's vocals are stunning, much more so than on her previous albums. I admire the fact that she's gone back to her spanish roots and has taken 2 1/2 years to write this album! So it's not thrown together like other pop albums. Although I speak Spanish, you definately don't have to in order to appreaciate the album. The language sounds beautiful and is a pleasure to listen to. The best song is definately 'Me haces falta'.

You must buy this album!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Effort, 22 Mar 2007
1. Que Hiciste - 5/5 - The lead single from the album

2. Me Haces Falta - 5/5 - For me, the best song on the album, a rock tinged pop ballad with backing vocals from Marc Anthony, hopefully it will be released as a single.

3. Como Ama Una Mujer - 3/5 - A slow ballad, not bad, yet not inspiringly different.

4. Te Voy A Querer - 4/5 - Good pop song with a tribal feel to it, one of my favourites off the album.

5. Por Que Te Marchas - 3.5/5- The Spanish version of Can't Believe (This Is Me) from her previous album, Rebirth. It's a powerful ballad, but I don't think her voice is capable of such a song. I also believe the song sounds better in english.

6. Por Arriesgarnos - 3.5/5 - A nice ballad where Jennifer's voice actually compliments the song.

7. Tu - 4/5 - A really nice pop ballad, which again, uses Jennifer's somewhat limited vocal talents well.

8. Amarte Es Todo - 3/5 - Nothing special about this track, nice enough though.

9. Apresurate - 3.5/5 - An upbeat pop ballad, not bad at all.

10. Sola - 3.5/5 - Another pop ballad, sounds good and has a nice finish to it.

11. Adios - 3.5/5 - A slow way to finish off the album, however it's really well made song.

You don't need to be fluent in Spanish to apprciate this album, however, it is completely different to anything Jennifer has done before with a much more mature feel, it may alienate fans of her traditional pop music. I would have preferred some more upbeat songs like Paulina Rubio's Ananda or Thalia's El Sexto Sentido, both of which are fantastic albums. Jennifer's voice isn't extremely powerful, but it has significantly improved since the beginning of her career, and she's done well to sing some of the ballads on the album. This is a very good album, and it was brave of Jennifer to do a complete Spanish album, and I believe she has been successful in pulling it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 Mar 2007
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (Audio CD)
Jennifer sounds simply stunning on this album. Much credit to her vocals. This album is stripped back to a bare romantic state. Full of sentiments and amazing lyrics. Timeless!! She sings so beatifully on this album.

Well done Mrs Jennifer Muniz!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise, 27 Mar 2007
mikey3607 "mikey3607" (Myrtle Beach, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (Audio CD)
Though I've always been a Jlo fan, I was aware of her limited vocal abilities and bubblegum music choices. The first time I heard this CD, I thought it was kind of boring, yet noticed the much better singing. Without background singers and amped music behind her, Jlo's shown that she actual wants to be a better vocalist and I was surprised by her new range, emotion and vocal control. I decided to give the CD another listen and found myself loving it. My favorite songs would be "tu", "te voy a querer" and "por arriesgarnos" with "adios" as a close fourth. This is without a doubt her best CD as I can listen to it from start to finish without skipping tracks and I wish there was an english version so more people could understand and love it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent CD in excellent condition

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 29 Mar 2014
Mrs. K. A. Macfarlane (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (MP3 Download)
If you're a Jlo fan you'll love this. It's so good to hear a completely different side to her musical talent. The album has tracks to suit almost every taste in music. If you're a fan or even if you're not give this album a listen it's refreshing to hear something different from an industry bombarded with predictable pop songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - Worth buying., 5 Jun 2007
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (Audio CD)
Como ama una mujer is her best album yet. I especially love Sola.

Muy buena.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Lopez- ella es el mejor, 2 Mar 2007
Mr. Zakir Khalilov "Perfect story" (Baku, Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Como Ama Una Mujer (Audio CD)
Jennifer Lopez new album absolutely amazing and is a new step in her music career. Jennifer's new spanish album in my opinion will benedit her and increase her fans through spanish-speaker countries. All songs on new album are good especially number 1, 4, 6,7,8, and 11. I wish to Jennifer to have more good albums in the future as this new one.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1999-2007 : Jennifer Lopez back on top?, 20 Feb 2007
Marc Spie "spiess_marc" (Saarland) - See all my reviews
[...]
On this new spanish album "Como ama una mujer" I think we will get more Marc Anthony than J.Lo. Marc did a lot of spanish music and albums, he produced the whole album for wife Jennifer Lopez. I want her to write songs, produce her album, perform her songs live and do a tour with this album. She never did a tour, she never performed live, she never writes her songs. She has enough money to get a album produced. She did one mistake with "This is me..then" when she was in love with Ben, now she is in love with Marc and the whole is about him at all. "Como ama una mujer" includes a lot of big ballads as she said herself. All songs are about Marc or for husband Marc Anthony. Don`t expect dance songs, there are no dance songs on this album! All 11 songs are ballads or mid-tempo songs, I miss the old "J.Lo" times. "Rebirth" was such a mess and now she made another album for husband Marc. Love, love, love...it is always the same. I am a fan and I loved her music, but I see her mistakes in the past and maybe in the future. Lead-single "Qué hiciste" is great, amazing and powerful. Second single "Como ama una mujer" uses a complete orchester. Her voice seems to be better, so she should be able to perform live. Is she?
What can I say? I love her music and I am a fan. But this spanish album is hopefully not as boring as I expect it to be. Just ballads and mid-tempo? Oh my god...please no. All songs for or about Marc? Oh my god...please don`t! I give her the chance to surprise me and I hope I will be surprised.

Como Ama Una Mujer
Como Ama Una Mujer by Jennifer Lopez (Audio CD - 2007)