on 10 October 2012
I wish I hadn't bought this watch. It was purchased as an 18th birthday present for my son after careful consideration - it had all the features he wanted and the price seemed fair. However within weeks of it's purchase, it was obvious it just didn't keep accurate time. It was clearly running slow - not good! We returned it to the manufacturer - who were NOT helpful at all as their communication was awful, and it cost £6 to send it by registered post. I asked for a refund or replacement, but they just 'repaired' it and sent it back. But again within weeks it was clear the watch STILL did not keep accurate time. Eventually I contacted Amazon who offered a full refund (this took a while and several phone calls to sort out, but that's another story). What a waste of time. I would urge people NOT to purchase this watch; it looks and feels good but doesn't work properly, and Rotary customer relations are appalling.
on 8 October 2008
Totally agree with the above reviewer. Loved the look of this. But then every time I put on a shirt it ended up depressing the buttons that set the date. Damn annoying. Then after about 4 months the winder fell off. Don't buy.
on 24 January 2013
Not very good as it does not keep time very good. In 10 days it will take it 5 minutes ahead. I contacted Rotary and they told me that:" the expected tolerance of an automatic timepiece is +/- 20/30 seconds a day"

Where is that advertised on any webistes? If I knew I would not have bought it

Also, the 2 buttons get pressed by mistake when you get dressed. Also, they seem very poorely built when you press them. One of them got stucck in the 2nd day of having the watch, but it loosened up now, however it made me reluctant to press them too many times.

Recommandation: do not buy it
on 23 October 2008
Do not buy this watch. It looks good but that is about it. As others have pointed out the buttons are easily accidentally pressed and, worst of all, it does not keep accurate time. I even sent it to Rotary. It came back after repairs and for only about five days it was accurate then it went back to being the junk it is. It has made me decide never to buy another Rotary again.
on 23 September 2008
I bought this because I liked the look of it but it is the worst watch I have ever owned. It's accuracy is rubbish and its self wind mechanism is poor to say the least. The buttons on the side for chnaging the settings are easily pushed in during normal wear and means that the date and month settings are useless. I could go on.
Dont buy it.
on 14 January 2011
A good looking watch in a classic design style. Extra dials are easy to read and give the watch that little extra.
on 27 December 2013
You should have researched mechanical watches before buying. Of course they don't keep time as accurately as an electronic quartz movement watch. It's mechanical! Just adjust it every few days and you will be fine. I have a feeling the people that left reviews on this watch have no idea what they are talking about.
on 27 December 2008
Unlike the other reviews, if looked after this is an excellent watch, keeps great time and looks good on the wrist. Mine has never kept anything but perfect time. I've never accidently pressed a button for the date settings and the winder button couldn't be more secure.
on 9 January 2010
I bought this watch as an 18th birthday present for my son. It was the only one I found that combined the several elements he wanted at a reasonable price. The quality and finish is exceptional for the price - it really is a beautiful watch, and well worth purchasing. It is excellent value. We will have to see if it bears the test of time in terms of its functionality - it's fine so far and definitely worth the purchase. You could not have bought the thrill on my sons face when he saw it for any price. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 15 March 2010
Not Good: The reduced to a Seiko Quartz Man

I looked after mine and it has rewarded me by being back to the repairer four times after a year and a half. I found a jacket cuff could depress the buttons to alter the day and month as it was worn. Looks great though, if only they got it built somewhere else. The Alfa Romeo of the watch world ?