5.0 out of 5 stars Three for the price of one
This is a triple CD set with the full versions of Adiemus, Requiem, and The Armed Man in exactly the same editions as the individual CDs. The set is held together with a fairly flimsy cardboard case, but you could easily dispense with this and just have the CDs in their individual cases.

I'm not going to comment on the quality of the music, but if you are keen...
Published on 16 April 2008 by The Five Sisters

3.0 out of 5 stars sad
I do not know if it is me but this collection rather saddened me. I was expecting so much from it and only found that relatively few tracks made any impression. Anyone who knows this composer will know the tracks i mean. The others are something i can give or take, not that great.
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by a person of good taste

5.0 out of 5 stars Three for the price of one, 16 April 2008
The Five Sisters (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)

I'm not going to comment on the quality of the music, but if you are keen on buying some of Karl Jenkins' work, this is a brilliant value set - significantly cheaper than buying all 3 CDs individually.

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy coincidence ?, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
A few weeks ago, in a crowded train from Amsterdam, I met two ladies and we started a chat on music. I learned two things: Amazon.co.uk is a good place to find beautiful music for a reasonable price (Topgear :-) and that the music from Karl Jenkins is impressive: I knew already Vocalize Adiemus and these ladies recommended me to look for more: so I purchased The Platinum Collection. I don't regret it! The collection consists of 3 CD's: Requiem, The Armed Man and Adiemus.
Requiem: a modern Requiem, but of classic quality. Accessible and harmonic. From today's world.
The Armed man: A Mass for Peace. The message is well composed and not hard to find. It starts with marching feet, powerfull but not aggressive. And that continues through the rest of the CD
Adiemus: Songs of the Sanctuary. Spiritual music. Keltic sound :-) ... Clannad, Enya. Not the same but related ... simular roots.
And for all CD's in this collection: fantastic choire and musicians. The voices are so connected to Jenkins, recognizable as such, through all the 4 works I know so far. Great quality. Well done !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Karl Jenkins' music, 29 May 2008
J. Wood (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this triple CD collection after borrowing the "Requiem" CD from a local library and really enjoying it. Containing as it does not only the Requiem and (very different) the first "Adiemus" volume but also "The Armed Man", I found it an excellent introduction to Karl Jenkins' music. The "Requiem" CD also includes Jenkins' rich "In These Stones Horizons Sing" evocation of Wales - a great bonus. Whilst there are tracks on each CD that I don't really respond to, there is much that I really enjoy and - at the time of writing at least - was able to buy the collection at an astonishingly low bargain price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff. I can and have listened to each piece in this set over and over., 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
In Karl Jenkins I find a contemporary composer that is able to fuse both classical composition and world music together into a wonderful and emotional mix of choral and instrumental music. I would recommend this to anyone that likes choral music or that likes classical composition, but sometimes finds it hard to distinguish between accomplished classical composers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Varied music but all well-recorded, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
This box-set contains a fairly broad range of KJ's music and the recording quality is excellent. A fine addition to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 19 Mar 2013
H. A. Bowden - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
Usual excellent music love Karl Jenkins at his best listening to it to relax. Arrived within 3 days of order

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
This collection of KArl Jenkins works seemed unbelievable value, compared with purchasing single items. No need to worry - the quality of all of them was great. Some of his works are better than others in my view, but it was a no brainer to go for the collection. Arrived on time ind well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Collection, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
I picked this up on a whim after hearing Jenkins' Requiem on the radio.

I can't claim to know much about classical music - contemporary or otherwise - but I know that I like just about every second of all three of these CDs.

I'm off to buy more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday Karl, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
I was at Karl's birthday concert with Classic FM and just had to have more of his music. Great CD's I love them

4.0 out of 5 stars Good music. Good value., 15 Jan 2014
A lot of Karl Jenkins for a little money! I already have Adiemus CD and have mislaid the Armed Man but this was still worth it!

Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection
Karl Jenkins: The Platinum Collection by Karl Jenkins (Audio CD - 2007)