5.0 out of 5 stars A noticeable difference.
Published on 25 Feb 2011 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars speedo is speedo
confortable and durable swimm suit, the new fabric from speedo last more now, the only problem is the needlework is not as durable as the fabric so now i have holes instead of loose fabric swimmears might understand me
Published 2 months ago by Rodrigo Cavero

5.0 out of 5 stars A noticeable difference., 25 Feb 2011
After suffering a running injury I have recently decided to swim regularly - 1km a day 5 days a week. Like most people I was a bit reluctant to wear the brief style "speedos" as I personally find them a little obscene. So I slugged out my laps wearing baggy shorts. That was until I saw these shorts advertised. Well since purchasing these I have seen a noticeable difference to my swimming. Don't get me wrong they haven't turned me into Phelps overnight but they definitely reduce the effort of my freestyle, allowing me to concentrate on technique and speed. I am a fairly slow swimmer anyway so these are a worthwhile investment. A note on the size. I am usually 32" waist and guess what? The 32" shorts fit me perfectly! They are figure hugging yes but that is the idea. People who recommend getting 2 sizes up are in denial of their own waist size I think! Stick to your ACTUAL waist size and you won't go wrong. One last thing - shop around the websites, you will find them cheaper AND with free delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - miles better than baggy shorts, 6 Feb 2012
Mark Loughridge (Letterkenny, Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Speedo Men's Endurance+ Jammer (Sports Apparel)
These are great. Buy them if you are any sort of reasonable swimmer at all. I had been swimming in a pair of baggy swimming shorts from which all the elasticity had departed, but I didn't expect the difference between them and these sleek figure hugging shorts to be so dramatic.

Without exerting myself any more than usual I was clocking in 45 seconds quicker for 10 length sets than I had been (round about 15%). I had been rather discouraged at how slow my swimming had become, but now I remember that I used to wear those skimpy speedo trunks. These are somewhat more decent, and it is good to be back in the land of the aero/aqua-dynamic.

As some of the other reviews say - measure your waist and buy according to that size. Don't buy according to your trouser size as that can vary considerably. Swallow your pride and get out the tape measure. The tape measure said 35.5 so I bought 36inch and they fit nicely.

For those who want to swim faster or further or both, these are the boys.

PS - For those who admit they need a bigger size, somehow Amazon charge less than the slimmer models!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 30 Dec 2009
P. Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the second pair that I have bought, which means I like 'em!
I'm normally a size 32 and these fitted just fine. They are a little tight round the thigh, but I have runners legs so I'm not surprised!
Overall, they very good value for money and miles better than the beach-type shorts I'd been using before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and price, 28 Jun 2011
Paul Davison (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Having been swimming in sports shorts for a couple of months and these are a revelation and I would recommend anyone making the switch. They are also more modest and less revealing if you hate the idea of traditional speedos like me!!

In terms of sizing these came up as expected - I am a 32 inch waist and order the same size. They are quite tight but this is a design feature as loose shorts allowing pooling of water which you have to drag around with you. The tighter they are the less water you drag and the less effort you need to make!

Overall a good product and I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Value For Money, 25 April 2012
I ordered the Speedo Endurance Jammers, in Navy, from Amazon, which were dispatched by Millet Sports, arriving two days after the order was placed, (Royal Mail do deliver on a Saturday), which I found rather impressive.

Given the speed of delivery, I was pleased to be able to use them later that day, at my local pool, which offers 50m lane swimming on a Saturday afternoon, thus allowing me to really put the Endurance Jammer to the test.

As for the product itself, I was pleased to discover that it felt comfortable both in and out of the water, fitting well around the waist and not pinching around the knees, unlike other, more expensive Jammers I've purchased.

Despite mouldling tightly to the legs in the water, the jammers provided an impressive level of flexibility, which I found re-assuring, as my breastroke kick remained uninhibited, thus allowing me to glide up and down the pool with speed and confidence.

In the three subsequent swimming sessions since, I've chosen the Endurance Jammer over other, more expensive Jammers in my collection, such is its superior feeling of comfort and body holding in the water.

For those who particpate in swimming regularly, I'd happily recommend the Endurance Jammer, since it provides superb value for the price at which it's sold.

4.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable, 27 July 2010
these jammers are very good and so far have done an excellent job. they've retained their shape and colour. I would recommend these as they are very good value for money as well, but perhaps if they had greater choices of design it would be even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and durable, 23 Feb 2010
These jammers do exactly what they say
they will. Comfortable and hgard wearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modest and streamlined, 10 Nov 2011
Having recently learned to swim and still frustratingly stuck in the "improver" category, I decided it was probably time to ditch the faithful bermuda shorts and go for something more sport specific. I'm glad I did. Time per length improved immediately by nearly 15% for the same effort. Putting vanity to one side, I had measured waist size (around the belt-line) and ordered on that basis. The fit is snug and comfortable. The waist cord will tighten a little, useful for security in the open water. There's an integral 'ball bag' to stop one's tackle drifting too far from its moorings and upsetting stroke rhythm. One snag though is when you revert from freestyle to breast stroke. The extra length in the leg leads to a tightening in the gusset which tends to release with an alarming >snap<. The first time this happened, I thought I'd bust a seam, but it seems that the stitching is strong enough to withstand such abuse. Since then, I've taken to wearing the leg tops pulled in to the groin area to keep flexibility in the gusset, practical and remarkably flattering too. In all, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality comfortable trunks, 10 July 2014
I have been using these for months now and I am very satisfied. They fit me comfortably and a simple bow-knot makes them stay on firmly. They are very smooth and water-repellent which is great - the quality you expect from Speedo.

Overall very satisfied, I love swimming in these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Great service and great trunks fit nice