Price:£3.53+ Free shipping

on 12 June 2011
I bought this as a replacement for a favourite clock which had packed up. Unfortunately I had to replace this kit with a Fred Aldous movement. My clock had ornate hands, which I wanted to re-use. They would not fit onto the spindles of this model. This model has round spindles and comes with plain hands included. The Fred Aldous equivalent is more expensive, does not include any hands, and the spindles are designed to fit hands with slotted holes. Hope this helps you decide which one suits your needs. If you are happy to use the plain black hands supplied, this cheaper one is perfect.
By the way, for the person who needed instructions: Put the shaft through the hole of your clock, do up the nut, push the hands on starting with the shortest one and ending with the red one. Takes 3 minutes, maximum.
on 8 February 2011
Excellent product. No instructions but none needed. Easy to fit as a replacement unit. Hands provided but I used the original ones. Total job took less than ten minutes.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 February 2009
They are perfect - the clocks are now working and keeping good time. Couldn't ask for more.
on 13 June 2009
Electronics Kit - Quartz Clock Movement
Fast, reliable service from vendor. Robust product, easy to fit, currently keeping time well.
on 2 December 2011
I received excellent service with this order just a few days after ordering on 1/12 well before the estimated date.It was up and ticking withing 5 minutes - NO INSTRUCTIONS NEEDED ALL SELF EXPLANITORY...I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE ONE STAR REVIEWER. It would be like asking for instruction for using a paint brush. I am very pleased with ther movement which is keeping good time so far.
on 13 August 2012
The white hands were just the look to transform a CD into a clock as a special present. The ease of fitting on of the hands was quick to do, no tools needed. I had to bulk up the thickness of the CD with card to enable it to stay put, but being fair this is supposed to be used for projects made of thin wood etc. Very happy, especially with the straight clean lines of the hands.
on 1 September 2011
the movement on my garden clock had stopped working and rather than throw the whole thing away I was delighted to find I could purchase just the working part - great idea
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2012
I was apprehensive about this product, despite the good reviews. Nowhere did it state spindle length or thickness of clock face. I have slate clock 4mm thick. Spindle length of old movement was 16mm. New movement fitted fine, although I did not use the thick rubber washer provided. I did not use the black hands provided as the more elaborate existing hands were fitted without problem. The red second hand provided did not really blend in but my wife loved it, so it is on. This is one of the best buys I have ever made and must have saved pounds compared to a high street repair.
on 21 June 2012
Two years ago I purchased a large "station" style clock from Matalan. It was more for decoration than as an accurate timepiece, installed in my conservatory. The clock suffered from very wide temperature swings from near zero to over 40C and gradually failed, the existing mechanism having real trouble driving the minute hand (125mm long) "up-hill" from 30 to 60 minutes, I gave up when the battery ran out (which had been left in for the comforting "tick-tock" noise).

As the original purchase was in the sale (damaged box/last on the shelf) reduced from £20 to £5 I decided that an internal exam (which meant removing the hands to get the mechanism out of the quiet complex enclosure) which may be destructive was worth a go. Turned out the clock was indeed more show than substance and the internals were so plastic that the "cogs" only meshed under low loads and then very hit and miss.

I looked around for a cheap clock to gut for a better movement but found nothing with the right fitting for less than £15, then this item hit the top of the search results. The description include an indication that it was rated for a wide temperature range, had the correct fitting and would accept tapper fit hands.

When it arrived the clock was up and working within 15 minutes, new battery and back on the conservatory wall, used the old movement and new hands to make a simple CD clock - both are now running, keeping good time and all for less than a fiver!
on 5 February 2013
I chose the rating as It did fulfil its purpose, but it was not the correct size.It was picked hoping it would be the right size.It fits up to a point but would have been better had I been able to pick the correct size.What is important is knowing when choosing a movement is whether the barrel diameter is the same as the hole it goes through and the amount of standout to gauge whether it will go through the clock board it is to go through, with room to lock in place including the hands.Had It been the right one I would have given it a higher rating.Delivery time good.would recommend the seller.