Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 September 2015
Since taking early retirement I have been downloading historical music albums as if I was a on a mission. I just had to have every piece of music I'd liked when I was younger but could never get hold of, or afford, back then. I have now got a superb collection ( if I say so myself ) of Blues, Soul, and RnB to be very proud of, and this album of Don Covay tracks is an essential part of that excellence. This is a great album to get into if Don Covay is someone you may have missed out on previously. He wasn't dealt a very good hand, in the commercially driven international promotion stakes, when in his prime and got drowned beneath the big money deals that other people were getting all about him. That doesn't stop me giving him the appreciation that he deserves. A good thing survives the hype.

Eamonn
on 7 July 2011
He really is one of the major composers in the history of soul. Songs that have been played by a number of bands through many decades. The sound is fine and the selection covers every important track you might expect to be there. A talented musician and a gifted artist, indeed. My advise: buy it. You won't regret it.
on 8 March 2015
Great CD shame all the greats we are losing Don Covay Bobby Womack. Bobby Bland. The list goes on
Great music stands the test of time I don't believe much that comes out today will ever be remembered in this way
on 15 July 2007
Great little collection for practically no money.
Get it now and enjoy the sounds of this great singer.
on 8 February 2013
Conozco la música de Don Covay desde joven y siempre me ha gustado mucho. Quería tener un buen recopilatorio y lo pedí a nagiry, que como siempre ha respondido muy bien.