4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable ! But size warning..., 27 July 2010
Cheshire Dave (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Super-comfortable, although perhaps TOO Frankenstein-ish and square-shaped for wearing with your favourite suit. Not being a skater boy, I actually do have a suit. (Apologies to any skater boys and beach bums or surfers who own suits. It's my age.) A work colleague said "Ideal for the beach", although I was planning on non-beach wear. Probably not great in heavy rain, though.

You struggle to go back to what you previously thought were your comfiest shoes. The 'marshmallow' foamy soles mould to the shape of your feet after 2 weeks or so, but they are comfy right from the start. Initial impression is that they're expensive for what they appear to be, but the comfort soon makes up for it. Construction seems good. At first, you think they are badly sewn, then you realise that they have small nicks every so often where the upper meets the sole, to aid the top fitting to the base.

I DO have a slight warning, though. I am a UK size 11 (10.5 if I am buying Clarks shoes). These fabric Sanuk UK size 11s (USA 12s) are slightly tight on the toe, so slightly annoying. AFter a few days' wear, still the same. Liveable-with, though.

However, I have a very, very similar pair in grey cracked leather (they call it black). The sole size is identical, but the leather version is much comfier from that point of view - and that's right from the start, before they stretched in any way from wearing. They are now actually a little loose.

Style point - as the soles have an 8mm-ish sticky-out raised, curved ridge all the way round, your feet can look quite big in them.

The leather version easily survived 2 weeks tramping round Greece. (But I did not trial them anywhere too sandy or wet. I'll wait until they are older.) The 'shabby chic' frayed look works better with these fabric styles than the less frayed leather styles.
I would buy again. In fact, I did, obviously, which is why I have leather and fabric versions. If they fall apart, I will update the review.
The brand tagline is something like 'These are not shoes... the sandal that thinks it's a shoe.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wearing slippers all day, 26 May 2012
MM (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews
You know those words that describe things - not really a word - well it's one those words I have to use to describe my Sanuks . . . Comfy . . . They are just so comfy. For casual wearing not formal. Shorts, jeans, chinos (do chinos still exist?). I buy one size bigger than my shoe size. I get frequent comments on them and people even ask to try them on. As a man too old to carry off the surfer look these help me feel cool . . . And Brad Pitt has a pair . . . But most of all they are so comfy.

5.0 out of 5 stars As comfy as flip flops, 7 Aug. 2014
Luckily enough to be friends with a couple of the Sanuk sponsored athletes who turned me onto these as a pair of sandals to kick about in. Easy enough to slip on and off when not wearing climbing shoes at the crag or centre, think I will invest in a pair of the chill for winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, style and comfort, 28 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Vagabond Slip On (Apparel)
I suppose the styling isn't to everyones taste but these have been worn with jeans in business meetings of shorts at the beach. I prefer them without socks and have never felt sore or experienced and rubbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort personified, 14 Jun. 2012
I have been buying these for about 5 years, they are just the most comfortable sandals I have ever owned. I always have at least two pairs. Like your favorite Pair of jeans they look better as they age....

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes (sandles) on the market, 3 Nov. 2014
"fit as expected" only after changing them.The sizes are odd, I'm a 10 and only 11 will fit.
But they changed without hassle and now have the most comfortable shoes (sandles) on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars sanuk mens vagabond charcol, 27 Jun. 2012
A friend of mine has a pair of Sanuks, and told me they're the most comfortable shoes he's ever worn! So i ordered some. He was not wrong at all! they really are that good! 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes......a must for hot weather, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Vagabond Slip On (Apparel)
Great shoes. This is the second pair I have purchased for my better half. First pair we got in Fuerteventura..........they are fab great for this hot weather we are having......

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 25 July 2012
Paulus "pedalman" (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
These shoes are really comfy for indoor and out door use. I am now on my third pair. Beware though the sizes between styles vary!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jun. 2013
Most comfortable sandals I've ever had. Great design and I reckon they'll last a long time. Look good with scruffy jeans.