5.0 out of 5 stars Best 70's Music Collection I've Heard
Published on 13 Mar 2007 by Barbara F. Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars TRULY TRULY HORRIBLE!
Published on 7 Mar 2007 by Mr I Elmslie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 70's Music Collection I've Heard, 13 Mar 2007
Barbara F. Wright "Barbdonarie" (Indianapolis, In USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
Donny uses his amazing voice to sing song like "Oh, Girl" and "Let's Stay Together" which are new songs for me and they're favorites now. "sometimes When We Touch " is a duet mostly, but Donny's version is geat. I keep falling in love with Donny all over again. I would recommend this album just because these are classic songs and Donny beathes new life into them. You can spend a lot of money trying to find these songs from orginial artist why not save and give Donny Osmond's Love Songs of The 70's Cd a try. You may suprise yourself and become a fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort, nice songs, 19 July 2007
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
Wow!! Mr Elmslie, I don't think this is the place to vent such a diatribe. You are allowed to be unhappy with the album. You are also allowed to choose whether you decide to purchase it or not. As with all artist, they produce some amazing work and some that is not so good. That's the way it goes. Ultimately though, the choice is ours whether we buy their albums, books, merchandise or go to their concerts. If we spend lots of money on it, it's because we have chosen to do so. Sometimes it meets our expectations and sometimes it doesn't (if our expectations are unrealistic, then there is much more likelihood we will be disappointed). Personally, I waited until I'd heard some of the songs before deciding if I wanted to purchse the album. Interestingly, I didn't like some of the original versions of some of the songs, but welcomed Donny Osmonds fresh interpretation of them. And that's exactly what they are, his versions of them. I would have been slightly disappointed if all he had done was churn out an exact duplicate of the originals. That isn't what he tends to do though. Of much more worth (in my opinion), were the comments of Ms Germon, who's review was honest and refreshing, and would allow any interested party to gain a much more objective insight into the albums worth and content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love songs to fall in love with, 30 Mar 2007
Ms. Amy L. Germon (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
I totally disagree with Mr I Elmslie. I am only 17 but I am a huge fan of Donny and his Brothers. I don't think I need to explain why because true fans will know why. I bought this album soley because it is by Donny. Most of the songs I knew before. You have to understand that he has recorded these songs in his own style, and to be honest he has done a fantasic job. Its not his best album but its certainly not the worst! A few songs I didn't like much at first, but after listening to the albums a few times, they've grown on me. Oh Girl, I Can see clearly now, Mandy, Will it go round in circles are definatly the best! Well done done Donny! From a fan who is never let down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great singer, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
Absolutely great cd and a lovely set of songs by a great singer a most for everyone who enjoys good music

5.0 out of 5 stars donny osmond love songs of the 70s, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
very good music donny sings then very well it come in good condition & played well it also turned up earlyer than was told i would recommend it to every one

5.0 out of 5 stars Donny Osmond Love Songs of 70's FANTASTIC!!!!, 8 Feb 2007
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
If you want to hear this in full and cant wait until the 5th March. go to Donny.com they are asking your to do a survey. Not clips, fulls songs. Absolutley fantastic :)

1.0 out of 5 stars TRULY TRULY HORRIBLE!, 7 Mar 2007
Mr I Elmslie (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Songs Of The '70s (Audio CD)
Without a doubt, this is the worst album that Donny has ever released. The backing tracks sound like third-rate karaoke tracks. The lead vocals, recorded in a Broadway dressing room, are listless and perfunctory. The track selection is a combination of "classics", sucked dry of any life and soul, and songs that you have made a fine art of trying to avoid for years. Osmond fans are the most faithful in the world, and have emptied their purses for almost 40 years on the complete output of "The Family"...I know I have. But this album is insulting, insipid and totally dispensable. Maybe the puppy love has been finally put down...

Love Songs Of The '70s
Love Songs Of The '70s by Donny Osmond (Audio CD - 2010)