5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!
Published 12 months ago by BigFoot

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Birkenstock
I have weird feet. Long and narrow with low instep, so getting sandals to fit is a challenge - but I have been advised that Birkenstock "narrow" would be the perfect solution.

Published on 4 May 2011 by Blah de Blah de Blah

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 29 Jun. 2014
BigFoot (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these sandals for my husband, who has struggled over the years to find sandals that fit him properly. He put his foot in the sandal and was in sandal heaven, the way the foot is moulded is perfect for him. He had recently begun to struggle with walking any distance, now he's skipping around like a mountain goat crossing the Alps. No problem with walking for any length of time at all. I only wished I'd bought them for him sooner - however he would only wear cheap, cheap sandals - which these aren't. However they are worth every penny. Even he says so, despite knowing the price! Thank you Birkenstock, we love you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Birkenstock, 4 May 2011

Not so I'm afraid - probably my feet, but the knobbly boney bits on the sides of my feet made contact with all the wrong parts of these sandals making them uncomfortable, and "narrow" was more like "average" when it came to it (I did once try "wide" in a shop, and they were voluminously wide).

Final disappointment for me was the fact that the leather straps have an artificial material lining the inside against your skin - a real no-no for me, with shoes and above all sandals (summer heat), I like leather to skin direct contact. Gave them an overall cheap feel.

So thumbs down from me, but I know people who swear by Birkenstock sandals so I've given them 3* in recognition that my feet are a big part of the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy & Wide, 15 July 2013
I have really wide feet but have these on the tightest hole setting so be careful to order narrow if you have average womens feet. Really comfortable, soft straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 July 2013
I love the comfort and fit of Birkenstock, also the fact that the sandals are hard-wearing. I've had another pair for many years and they have only just worn out! They are the most comfortable footwear I own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just doesn't suit my feet, 3 Aug. 2014
I purchased these shoes because I wanted a pair of sandals that would support my arch (I have fallen arches) and when I tried them on, they were so comfortable!

Unfortunately I had to return them as the buckle around the ankle was rubbing up against my ankle bone - which is no fault of the shoe, it's just that's how my foot is built! I have returned them and have ordered more Birkenstocks in a different style.

I was very impressed with the build quality of the shoe and the comfort and support of the sole. They do come up slightly bigger than expected, and also wider than I expected. Even the narrow shoe was slightly too wide for my foot so that's something to be aware of if you're deciding wether to order wide or narrow shoes from them.

Overall, I would recommend these shoes to anyone who wants a solid sandal that will support their feet and be comfortable to wear! The look like they will last a good few years, so it's great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought these to replace a much-loved pair of Naot sandals that did me well for four summers but have now died. My husband bought some birkies last summer and raved about them so I thought I would try them for size. I went for this style as they are "proper" sandals with a heel strap and pretty much identical to the ones I am replacing - only difference is that these have buckles rather than velcro fastenings. I went for a size smaller than what I would normally wear - 38 instead of 39 and they fit perfectly in a roomy, airy kind of way. I would say that my feet are narrow/normal width-wise by the way.

I wore them out to town on the first decently sunny day after they arrived and they were comfy straight away - my feet did get a little tired towards the end but I had been wearing them and walking about for about six hours by then. Since then, no problems. I've since snapped up a pair of leather Birkenstock shoes at a bargain price - I'm a convert!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOW TO TELL IF REG/SLIM FIT OR WIDER FIT, 22 Mar. 2015
These are on the wider footbed, always look on the footbed for the imprint of a foot - if it is completely filled in it is a regular/slim fit and it the footbed is not completely filled in it is a wider footbed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in the sale they are worth every penny, 5 April 2010
Really nice looking and feel like quality and wear is very comfortable.
Bit of downfall is that they mark very easily if your little ones spill drinks nearby and get splash on them anywhere.
But on the upside these look better as they wear in and get more comfortable. They are fairly durable around town and on a beach but you dont want to go climbing or rock pooling in them.
I would recommend them if they are on sale but otherwise they are quite expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 13 Jun. 2015
The product description clearly states that these are made of leather-so it was annoying to discover that they're made of Birka-Flor a plastic material.My annoyance turned into outright anger when I read previous reviews and saw this had already pointed out to you as long ago as 2010 and several times since and evidently nothing has been done.I felt I should return them having been missold this item although this would have entailed paying the postage back to Germany.The problem was that they were already on my feet and felt absolutely wonderful.My skinny,flat,misshapen,aching feet were held in a firm embrace and felt cosseted and loved,and I really didn't want to take them off.I would like to unequivocably recommend this item but please amend your description.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real, 25 Sept. 2010
The description for these Birkenstock sandals is : SMOOTH LEATHER.
When they arrived they were not real leather at all, but simulated leather look-alike.
I returned them.

Amazon should be more accurate with the description of goods.

When I complained to Schu it had happened lots of times before.......
Please amend the words ' SMOOTH LEATHER'