5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in the sale they are worth every penny
Really nice looking and feel like quality and wear is very comfortable.
Bit of downfall is that they mark very easily if your little ones spill drinks nearby and get splash on them anywhere.
Published on 5 April 2010 by C. Sumner

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Birkenstock
I have weird feet. Long and narrow with low instep, so getting sandals to fit is a challenge - but I have been advised that Birkenstock "narrow" would be the perfect solution.

Published on 4 May 2011 by Blah de Blah de Blah

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Birkenstock, 4 May 2011

Not so I'm afraid - probably my feet, but the knobbly boney bits on the sides of my feet made contact with all the wrong parts of these sandals making them uncomfortable, and "narrow" was more like "average" when it came to it (I did once try "wide" in a shop, and they were voluminously wide).

Final disappointment for me was the fact that the leather straps have an artificial material lining the inside against your skin - a real no-no for me, with shoes and above all sandals (summer heat), I like leather to skin direct contact. Gave them an overall cheap feel.

So thumbs down from me, but I know people who swear by Birkenstock sandals so I've given them 3* in recognition that my feet are a big part of the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in the sale they are worth every penny, 5 April 2010
Really nice looking and feel like quality and wear is very comfortable.
But on the upside these look better as they wear in and get more comfortable. They are fairly durable around town and on a beach but you dont want to go climbing or rock pooling in them.
I would recommend them if they are on sale but otherwise they are quite expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy & Wide, 15 July 2013
I have really wide feet but have these on the tightest hole setting so be careful to order narrow if you have average womens feet. Really comfortable, soft straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 July 2013
I love the comfort and fit of Birkenstock, also the fact that the sandals are hard-wearing. I've had another pair for many years and they have only just worn out! They are the most comfortable footwear I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 29 Jun 2014
BigFoot (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these sandals for my husband, who has struggled over the years to find sandals that fit him properly. He put his foot in the sandal and was in sandal heaven, the way the foot is moulded is perfect for him. He had recently begun to struggle with walking any distance, now he's skipping around like a mountain goat crossing the Alps. No problem with walking for any length of time at all. I only wished I'd bought them for him sooner - however he would only wear cheap, cheap sandals - which these aren't. However they are worth every penny. Even he says so, despite knowing the price! Thank you Birkenstock, we love you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just doesn't suit my feet, 3 Aug 2014
I purchased these shoes because I wanted a pair of sandals that would support my arch (I have fallen arches) and when I tried them on, they were so comfortable!

Unfortunately I had to return them as the buckle around the ankle was rubbing up against my ankle bone - which is no fault of the shoe, it's just that's how my foot is built! I have returned them and have ordered more Birkenstocks in a different style.

I was very impressed with the build quality of the shoe and the comfort and support of the sole. They do come up slightly bigger than expected, and also wider than I expected. Even the narrow shoe was slightly too wide for my foot so that's something to be aware of if you're deciding wether to order wide or narrow shoes from them.

Overall, I would recommend these shoes to anyone who wants a solid sandal that will support their feet and be comfortable to wear! The look like they will last a good few years, so it's great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Birkies, 1 Oct 2009
R. Innes (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I love my Birkies and have about a dozen pairs in many colours and designs. Needed a black pair for work (I'm a priest) so thought these looked kind of Jesus-y and serious! Comfy and feel like slippers within an hour or so. Quite a high arch support in this style, I think, but I need that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real, 25 Sep 2010
The description for these Birkenstock sandals is : SMOOTH LEATHER.
When they arrived they were not real leather at all, but simulated leather look-alike.
I returned them.

Amazon should be more accurate with the description of goods.

When I complained to Schu it had happened lots of times before.......
Please amend the words ' SMOOTH LEATHER'

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's sandals, 18 Aug 2014
These sandals are really great. I have them 5 stars because they are the first sandals that have been comfortable enough for him to wear without socks, and they support his feet nicely (he's a bit pronate). My only criticism is that Birkenstock sizing always seems to be a bit generous, but inconsistently so. Therefore I had to return a pair for my son and then for me too. Can't beat 'em for comfort though.

3.0 out of 5 stars I think these blue Sandals look a bit girlish, but my wife says they don't, 9 Sep 2014
I had some Birkenstock Milano sandals in blue for about 2 year, but after 2 years of wearing them they are now falling apart (especially the rubber sole).
I wanted to buy exactly the same ones and just looked for the colour 'blue'.
When they arrived, I noticed that my old ones are a tiny bit darker in colour and the material is more rough (like nubuck).
The new once are more smooth and I personally think they look a bit girlish. But my wife says that they don't look girlish at all and she thinks they look like for men. So I "have" to wear them ;-)
Looking through the old invoices, I noticed that the colour of my old ones is not 'blue' but 'Basalt'. I liked the old Basalt ones more.

Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Milano Sandals Black 42 EU