5.0 out of 5 stars nice, fully featured watch, excellent price
Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by brianinfrance

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable.
Published on 25 Jan. 2011 by Tacho D

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, fully featured watch, excellent price, 30 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Casio Aq-180WD-1BVES Mens Combi Watch with Stop Watch (Watch)
It has more features than I can possibly use so it comes with a fat little instruction book. It looks OK, nicely understated, it's luminous and also has a backlight. I can wear it in the shower & in the pool. Bracelet is robust, smart & comfortable, the watch itself is not too heavy, unlike the Seiko it replaced. It tells me what the time is all over the world, & oddly enough this turns out to be quite useful! The price is very attractive. Nice box,makes a nice gift for a grandson, a bit hefty for a granddaughter.
I have a drawer-full of watches with a choice of Seiko, Pulsar, Omega, Festina, and loads of other unknown makes. I choose this Casio every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Watch, 27 Sept. 2012
This watch was exactly what I wanted!... The three alarm functions comes in very handy for remembering some key times in my day. In all honesty, I had to have 4 links removed for the watch to fit correctly.... but I walked up to my local highstreet and the shoe/watch repair place managed to do it for me in 10 minutes for only £5!

I was very happy with the speed of delivery, as well as the overall quality of the product. It hasn't scratched or chipped and i've been wearing it daily for the last week. The mass of functions available on the watch itself is somewhat needless to me. All I need my watch to do is tell the time, have alarm functions and a light... This watch does that - plus a lot more!

Would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 11 Jan. 2012
I bought this one and a half year ago.
Since then I use it every day and it does what it's for.
Good values for your money.
But if you travel a lot it's not that easy to change the time back and forth as the hands go only clockwise not backwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars tried and tested, 1 Aug. 2012
I like this watch but it is tricky to set up. The resin strap did not suit my skin so I now have two. You can download the instructions from casio now if interested. the digital time has a 3.5 pixel A or P to indicate am or pm.
If you get them wrong the calendar will be wrong. When autumn comes you have to advance the hands 11 hours.
But I like the stop watch, alarms and hour timer. If you can read 3 pixel writing you can look to see what alarms are on or off. To see what tiny print looks like write something in 8 pix and scale the magnification to 40%.
Stop watch is way to complicated with split time nonsense which is impossible to get right. storage of names and numbers is pointless and impossible. Although its trying to be too clever I still like it. In case you live in a darkened cave, yes the light is useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for my Dad, 29 Aug. 2011
John Liu "JLiu" (Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Been looking for a replacement watch for my old man and this watch ticks all the boxes.

My old may is 71 years old and his memory is slowly deteriating. This watch lets him know the time and date including what day it is. Very useful to people who are retired and have set schedules and routines.

The watch is easy to setup and theres a big light button that even my dad can locate and press.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable., 25 Jan. 2011
Had this watch just over a year,the light has only worked intermittently and when it did was totally inadequate anyway. The case is not entirely stainless steel, the part where the strap attaches is plastic and this is a weak point, the strap eventually coming detached. Despite being advertised as water resistant to 100 metres, I noticed condensation inside the glass after immersion in a swimming pool of maximum depth 1.7 metres. This eventually led to failure. Despite some very useful functions, a ten year battery life seems superfluous as I dont think these watches are designed to last half that time. I have had cheaper watches that have outlasted this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 12 July 2009
K. Mani "Karthick" (Marlow, UK) - See all my reviews
Everything is perfect .. but the light is not glowing..... from the moment i received it....

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor dial illumination, 20 July 2010
The watch is a good timekeeper and the user interface is quite logical but I am disappointed with the poor strength of the backlight and the bracelet whilst being metal is quite light. But I suppose you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice watch!!, 10 Jan. 2009
I bought this watch to wear to work, since I wear a suit everyday, and it's a much more formal watch then the ones I normally had...
It's quite a nice watch, everyone at work had commented on that, and it's also very good.
The only thing that let me down is the night light, wich doesn't really light the time so well... so you can't really read it properly, but besides that, everything else is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST WATCH AT THIS PRICE!, 5 Nov. 2008
IVE HAD ONE OF THESE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW..10 YEAR BATTERY LIFE!..ACCURATE..RELIABLE..GOOD LOOKUNG..DURABLE..CLEAR EASY TO READ DIAL AND DIGITAL DISPLAY...FOR THIS PRICE..IT CANNOT BE BEATEN!