5.0 out of 5 stars Summer holiday
I love this film, it's funny,colourful and the songs are great and I am a fan of Cliff!
However the description of a sing-a-long film was disappointing, I thought the lyrics would be on the screen in sing -a long mode and they weren't.
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars no English subtitles for hard of hearing or too expensive or region one (USA)
when will this film be released for region two with English subtitles for hard of hearing please? I am trying to replace my old videos with DVDs at a reasonable price but find it hard to find good copies. They are either region 1 (USA) or no subtitles or far too expensive!!
Published 3 months ago by EAP of B

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer holiday, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the Family (as long as they don't take it too seriously!), 4 Aug 2008
Natasha Catmur (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
I remember really enjoying this when I was a kid so I rented it for my children to see (3 boys aged 8,7 & 7 and a girl aged 4) but I didn't expect them to enjoy it quite as much as they did. They are now driving me mad singing Bachelor Boy almost non-stop but they loved the whole thing. The adventure of travelling around in a bus, the singing and dancing, the fun of "Fagin" doing his mime and the near-wedding to the poor Yugoslav girl - I'd forgotten quite how good it was and the children are really disappointed that I have to send it back. Please don't take it too seriously and just enjoy but I imagine if you are even looking at a review of Summer Holiday then you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic stuff! Who forgot the petrol?!!, 14 Sep 2008
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
This film is very much of its time. It is light entertainment and all the better for that. Yes perhaps the story is a bit thin, the plot just a bit predictable. But Cliff Richard, playing very much the "Elvis", as he was seen at the time, sings his heart out and acts surprisingly well. In fact the whole cast is very well done, with The Shadows (the guys on the bikes lead by the inimitable Hank Marvin) making some nice little cameo performances, and playing too. Una stubbs is of course very good too as you might expect. At the time, taking an old London bus on an adventure like this would have been seen as nigh on impossible.Exotic and glamorous too! But the whole film captures a simpler more gentle era. It even captures the now defunct works in London where buses were maintained and refurbished, you can almost smell the oil and grease in the place! Look at the way they rotated them on giant spits!
How many of us have dreamed of taking an old London bus and doing this? I know I have!
This was one of the first films I ever saw and the music screamed up the charts at the time. It has some real classics not least the title song, but what about the heartbreaking "Next time"? Not to mention Bachelor Boy.
"Who forgot the petrol?"!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
Great film. I remembered it years ago on TV. If you like musicals it is funny and the songs are great... especially summer holiday!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than you think! stop sneering!, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this film for my six year old, and she loves it, as I did when I was younger.
It is good innocent fun, with a cool retro backing and singa longable songs!
You may not be cliffs greatest fan - I'm certainly not, but I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars teenage memories!, 23 July 2010
Mr. S. A. Bradford "avid reader" (West Sussex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
What a lovely film! Teenage kids having a great time without booze, drugs or sex. A little bit twee perhaps but good old fashioned family entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie!, 21 April 2000
Summer Holiday is one of my all time favourite movies.The characters,costumes,locations everything is truly wonderfull,but it's the songs that make it, in fact i have recorded just the songs on to a video and my son Ethan and i watch it nearly every day while having breakfast!It's a great way to start the day. This is a must have movie,get it,you'll love it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle fun, 15 Jan 2010
H. D. Doel (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
Even my husband enjoyed this! Although, to be honest, I think it was the Routemaster buses, French 2CVs and Una Stubbs that inspired him rather than the singing or Cliff!
This is good, light hearted, family fun. I put it on for two eleven year olds to watch and they were spellbound. After the film had ended they played the singalong version and sang for the rest of the evening. (Yes, the husband joined in too!)

This is gentle, British entertainment with a suitably corny storyline. You don't have to be a Cliff fan to enjoy it but it does help!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
Brought back happy memories of my early years in London

4.0 out of 5 stars musical, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] (DVD)
got this for my daughter who is in a musical of this at the YMCA she had never seen before so was just the job

Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD]
Summer Holiday [Sing-along] [1963] [DVD] by Peter Yates (DVD - 2007)
8.06