4.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with the DVD
Published on 26 Mar 2007 by super-sheep

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, but don't bother buying this version....
take to the skies is a great album you should definatley buy but this version is a total rip off! the "extra live DVD only has 3 tracks (sorry you're not a winner, labyrinth and the feast) the rest is just pointless chit chat from the band about what beer they're drinking and 15 year olds in the que to see them telling you why thaey love shikari... don't bother trust me...
Published on 10 Jan 2008 by Ben Raspberry

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with the DVD, 26 Mar 2007
The album alone I would give 5 stars. Its absolutely incredible, I have been hooked to this band for the last year or so and this doesnt disappoint. Despite already having OK time for plan B, return to energiser, sorry your not a winner, and mothership, I am not disappointed with the rest of the songs on the album. The opening 2 songs just leave u shouting WOW! :] I dont think the reworked vocals on some of the more well known songs are that bad, you notice a difference, but i didnt really care about it when I heard it. My advice is play this LOUD LOUD LOUD!

I gave this version of the album 4 out of 5 simply because I dont really think its worth getting the DVD, unless you were actually there at the Astoria, in which case its nice to see yourself looking sweaty. I've seen enter shikari twice and this live video doesnt do them justice at all. Its cool to see them messing around backstage, but its nowhere near the same as being there. Its also made me realise just how irritating enter shikari fans actually are...a lot of the DVD is a load of 15year olds caressing their girlfriends going on about how original enter shikari are. Mate, I know they're great, its why I bought the CD. If only there was more actual songs (theres only about 3 or 4 played) and less chat.

Otherwise, GET THE ALBUM, AND GO AND SEE ENTER SHIKARI LIVE... THEY'RE AMAAAAZING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn Surprising, 5 July 2007
Jordan Ridgway "Sfincks" (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a punt after listening to a brief clip. In the main, I generally like heavy guitar music but also I can feel at home with melodics through to classical and theatre too. The melodies on this album shocked me greatly, not your average thrash band nor are they a chamber orchestra.

Roar and scream style vocals don't grab my attention yet in this offering the style is used cleverly. The tracks that hit me were Enter SHikari, Mothership, No Sssweat, Return To Energiser, Jonny Sniper and OK, Time For Plan B.

The first three tracks captivated me to continue throught he album and I find myself taking it with me in the car far more often than my ultimate band of all time, Queen (in my opinion). Within it's genre, Take To The Skies is a masterpiece and I look forward to more offerings from this young band.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, but don't bother buying this version...., 10 Jan 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars CD's worth the money, 3 April 2014
Kristín Guðbrandsdóttir (Iceland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
Love this album from Enter Shikari, i am a old fan that has always love this album above the others.
Liked this one, the music is classic Enter Shikari and the quality is good.
Recommend this one.
But not all the songs on the album were to my liking, but i think it is impossible to make every song a hit one.
Loved it none the less!

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me to the skie, 3 Nov 2013
D. J. Collison "Derek" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
Really good rocking album. Gotta get some more of this stuff to keep my brain engaged before I loose the faith ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Enter Shikari, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
This is the best album I have listened to during my teens, excellent rock and electronic tunes which are emotional attaching too. Enter Shikari's best and only good album including the Zone though a few songs are a bit to my disliking in that album. Common dreads was a huge disappointment to me, fools who say they matured but are just idiots who like mainstreamed who adapt to the times. Basically only 16-17 kids who have no sense of taste and get drunk at rubbish parties listening to some awful beats from A flash flood of colour Album. Have you seen their videos for Flash flood? Its flipping horrendous! Bunch of hooded fools jumping up and down like they are on drugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!, 7 Jan 2013
Since it's release this has been one of my favourite albums! The songs range from mosh pit worthy Sorry you're not a winner to the tear jerking Adieu! Buy it buy it buy it!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
Bought for my son after his car was burgled and his copy stolen he was gutted to loose it. Last year got him the album with lion on but not the same. HMV said this one is no longer available through their stores. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD I have ever bought, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: Take To The Skies (Audio CD)
Enter Shikari have made a masterpiece. It starts off with an interlude, that leads straight into the track "Enter Shikari", which is a brilliant and catchy song to start on. It continues quite fluidly into "Mothership", and then into "Anything can happen in the next half hour", which is a glorious sound to the ears. Next comes a short interlude, which leads into (in my opinion) the best song on the album, "Labyrinth". The awesomeness continues throughout the entire CD (apart from "Return to Energiser", which I didn't enjoy as much as the other tracks), finishing on a very well put together exitlude. I highly recommend this CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Debut Album, 6 Oct 2008
J. Snook "Ichigo_2020 - Anime Buff" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've been a fan of enter shikari for over a year now so I was eagerly anticipating their first album. My first impressions were a little mixed because, a few of the songs that I remember and love have been re-recorded and remixed.
Actually I'd already heard most of the songs. The new ones are no Sssweat which is a frantic, fast paced song, 'today wont go down in history' which displays their good vocal talent on the album, and 'adieu' which is a slower song.
I'll just get the bad out of the way - They murdered the beggining of return to energizer, I have to agree with the other reviewer whosays it is like pillow screaming. That's exactly what its like. So I just try to ignore the first 10 seconds of that song, but the rest is fine.
There seems to be a lot of short interlude songs on this CD which include 'stand your ground in this ancient land. Some of the interludes are actually quite good because they seem to create a central theme throughout the album, and you will find yourself hearing the line "and still we will be here, standing like statues" being chanted quite a bit throughout, which comes from the song titled 'enter shikari'. It's this that makes me want to keep going back to the album and listening because its very addictive to listen to and chant along. However, there are two particular interludes that are just pointless. Tracks 11 and 13. one is 18 seconds long and the other is 35, and they just seem really random, like they've been put there at the last minute. Lastly,I wish they had included 'when a jealous man finds a gun' its my favourite song by them.
But apart from that, after I listened to this a bit more, I grew to love it. 'sorry you're not a winner' is the stand out track which can be easily recognised by the well known clap clap clap. 'Anything can happen...' is also a good track, the re-recording is very good, yet I still prefer the older one. The new version of 'Mothership' on the other hand is more superior this time round because theres a lot more emotion in the vocals and it gives a a new sense of epicness to it.
I think this album is essential for fans of enter shikari because its evident from this debut how much they have grown and become more comfortable with their style. It's also a good purchase for someone looking for something new to listen to, because they wont have heard anything like this before. This band is bound to spawn many imitators but, none will surpass enter shikari. If you are into rock music and synths, buy this, you will probably be hooked on it for ages.
This album is a brave and bold statement for a new genre of modern rock that is going to become even more popular in the future.
Oh, and if you get the chance to see them live, you wont be disappointed, one of the best live acts I've seen.

Take To The Skies
Take To The Skies by Enter Shikari (Audio CD - 2007)