4.0 out of 5 stars Its hilarious
There are some laughs to be had in this movie, but ultimatly I just foun the actor playing Tom Cruise damn right annoying... Thats its point, but he is hard to watch.
Published on 4 July 2010 by Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Something defiantly fell off on this one
Published on 3 July 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something defiantly fell off on this one, 3 July 2007
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
First off, I have to mention how excited I was to see the 4th film of scary movie!!!! I was looking forward to seeing it, but I have to say- at the end of the movie I found myself feeling slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK film, but it sadly lacked the comedy of the other 3 films. I was very pleased to see Brenda back; however, not even she could bring this up to the standards of the others.

It felt as if each scene was rushed and just randomly placed together- for some reason, it didn't all seem to fit well with each other, it was like "OK, we've done one spoof- quickly we have to do the next one" and everything seems so rushed and unfinished.

Two good aspects of this movie are the USE of parody and cameos. The parodies are done so well that you can keep track even if you haven't watched the 'original' movies yet. And the makers of this movie aren't too shy having half their cast existing out of cameos. In most movies this would fail, but for Scary Movie it does the trick. Scary Movie guarantees lots of familiar faces from movies, sports, and music industry.

Some actors, who haven't had the most success in recent years, like Leslie Nielsen for example, are enjoyable in this movie. They show that with a good direction they are still funny and capable of doing comedies. The writers and producers need to ensure that the next movie (if there is to be another) is not rushed, and endeavour to produce a film that is as funny as the original and its 2 sequels. If they fail, the Scary Movie franchise may end up a parody of that other great such as Police Academy.

Scary Movie 4 marks itself as a decent comedy. There were some funny moments in here that save it from complete boredom. This movie will help you pass a few hours and serves up some slight laughs every now and then.

3.0 out of 5 stars A very good Scary Movie!, 11 Feb. 2008
DVD Fan (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Judging by most of the reviews this is the type of film you either love or hate. I love Spoof movies especially those by David Zucker who did Airplane, Naked Gun etc. This mainly spoofs Saw, The Village, The Grudge and War of the worlds. It has a mix of gags from visual, slapstick and good references from the films. This is how a big budget comedy should be done. It's not as crude as the first two and is similar in style to the 3rd and nearly as good overall. If you like Zucker's type of comedy films and like the others in the series you should enjoy this edition to!
There are 13 mins of deleted scenes and 7 mins of bloopers the rest of the extras are very short insights to the director, his type of humour and some of the cast cameo's!

4.0 out of 5 stars Its hilarious, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This moive is a parody of Steven Speilburgs War of the World's, Micheal Moore's Farenhight 9/11, Saw and the Grudge, oh and Tom Cruise's now infamous decleration of his love for Katie Holmes on the Operah Winfery show.It is watchable, and Leslie Neilson steels the show as the bumbling President of the USA. he sits in a classroom (as George Bush did on 9/11) and is told alien's are attacking the Earth, he sits their saying he must find out what happens to the duck in the childrens story.

3.0 out of 5 stars this is pretty good, 5 Dec. 2006
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
scary movie 4 is the fourth in the alledged scary movie trilogy,boom boom,anyway it isnt as bad as i had heard or feared,in fact i would say that its better than part 3 which again wasnt the worst movie in the world.

the film parodies war of the worlds in particular with saw,the grudge,the village ,million dollar baby and brokeback mountain and for the most part will gain a smile from the viewer i suspect,obviously it helps if you have seen the movies that they mock but it wouldnt be a disaster if you havent,such is the flow of the movie.

While never a classic,scary movie 4 is still solid enough to entertain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 17 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Scary Movie 4 is the best in the Scary Movie series. I've got to admit though, the special effects aren't that good, but, who cares. The film made me laugh and thats the whole point!

It takes the micky out of The Grudge, War Of The Worlds, The Village and Saw.

I thought the beginning wasn't funny at all. It was quite stupid!

Buy this dvd as it would make you laugh all the way through... well nearly.

3.0 out of 5 stars average comedy spoof, 22 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Anna Faris reprises her role as Cindy as this latest edition of the Scary Movie franchise sees the earth under threat from alien tripods. Cindy also meets Tom Ryan (Bierko) and the two set out to solve all the mysteries, including the puzzle of the ghost living in Cindy's new house.

Filled with many funny slapstick jokes, predictability and a lot which has no real depth and uses humour to move forward, Scary Movie 4 is your typical parody film.

A lot similar to the other scary movies, this uses a familiar structure, using physical and slapstick humour to justify the genre.

The acting is good enough. There are a few laugh out loud moments but unfortunately most are flat, repetitive and boring.

The plot is poor with no depth or emotion and the excitement is limited with vast predictability.

Leslie Nielsen (Naked Gun) and Anthony Anderson (Hustle and Flow) are the funniest in their familiar roles.

The film is a parody of horror film Saw II.

Though the jokes are crude, some are funny and it's a light hearted film so is worth watching but is not as good as Scary Movie 1 and 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars very funny in places and constantly inventive, 15 July 2008
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
First off I'll say that I have not seen any of the Scary Movies.Having now seen this,Scary Movie 4,I would say that if you analysed this film in any detail you'd have to conclude it was total rubbish.However,it's very funny in places, and visually entertaining and I'm gonna watch it again.I haven't seen a lot of horror films so I didn't know all of the films being made fun of here in scary movie 4, but you don't need to know particulars to enjoy scary movie 4.Anna Farris did a great job as the crazy heroine,who behaves - like every one else in the film - as though she's on heroin.Aliens invade the Earth and they've got to be stopped.That's the story.The bonus features are very good - 35 minute interview with filmmakers, lots of additional scenes,blooper real,a section on how special effects were done and plenty more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious! ! !, 23 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I love the Scary Movies, though people think this is just a money making film, while they miay be right but this is seriously funny stuff. Some are just so stupid you just gotta laugh. The president is hilarious in this one, the part where they take the piss out of the Village is great too, and the little girl who's always screaming and getting hit.

Though some parts are just lazy. I just can't stop laughing at this film, everytime I watch it. I remember seeing this with my friends and we loved it. A great comedy not the smartest of them all certainly more clever then the god awful "Epic Movie". If you like the Scary Movies give this film a try I suggest renting it though first to see if you like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film ever!!!!!!!, 27 Feb. 2010
Ben (Blackpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This film is HILARIOUS!!!!! It had me in stiches at 1 point I was even crying! It was so funny. This is the best film Ive ever seen! I've never laughed so much in my life!!! You will love it! Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy!!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Has the series lost it's legs?, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Scary Movie 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm sure most people here have seen an entry of the Scary Movie franchise at some time or another and there really isn't that much to say other than if you enjoyed the previous films, you'll enjoy this, as it's just more of the same. For me, the comedy was more miss than hit with the best scene being the opening one with Shaquille O'Neal and Dr. Phil in a parody of the first Saw movie. The acting is pretty bad throughout, especially that Tom Cruise lookalike Craig Bierko. However, the bad moments are split up by some funny ones and it is enough to stay moderately entertained. According to imdb, a fifth is in production and I'm sure I'll eventually see it, but the fourth gets a 2.5/5

Scary Movie 4 [Blu-ray]
Scary Movie 4 [Blu-ray] by David Zucker (Blu-ray - 2007)