4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Maps of Europe on DVD
This is the official Garmin map set for Europe at about 20% cheaper than the Garmin website. Delivery was fast, efficient and well informed.
Published on 3 Mar. 2010 by Mark F

2.0 out of 5 stars The 2 star rating is not due to the content ...
The 2 star rating is not due to the content of the mapping data, but because of the faulty installation software that is contained on the disk as part of the procedure for loading the maps onto Garmin GPS devices.
Published 10 months ago by Evan Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars The 2 star rating is not due to the content ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
I spent more than 4 hours trying on 3 different computers (all with different operating systems - Win 8.1, Win 7 & XP) to load the Europe maps onto my Garmin Monterra using the supplied install program. In the end after multiple failed attempts, I found a blog which helped guide my through how to install and unlock the maps manually. In effect you have to manually copy the map data file off the DVD and onto the GPS unit using a PC, once this is done you can then open Basecamp which recognises that the GPS now has the Europe maps installed, but not yet unlocked. Basecamp will then make available the option to unlock the maps, at which point you are directed to a weblink to the Garmin site to input your garmin account details, GPS serial number and map unlock code. After this step you are permitted a one time download for the latest update for the Europe maps through Garmin Express. A +3Gb download and a slow transfer through the USB 2.0 interface!
Talk about having to jump through hoops! this process would have been far easier and straightforward had the supplied install software actually worked! Sort this out Garmin or you will lose the few remaining loyal customers you have who still see the need for a dedicated GPS unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Baffling installation, 18 Jan. 2012
R. Hayes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
Last year I bought a Garmin 2300 with just UK and Ireland on it but I'm having a foreign holiday shortly and though it might be nice to have some local maps, so I bought this. OK, I'm prepared to accept I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but installing itwas a nightmare. The packaging says stick it in your computer and run it, but all this got me was the info that the maps on my sat nav were up to date. What you actually have to do is go on the Garmin web site and find the page where you can buy relevant maps and click on the icon to unlock it to your sat nav. Even then you're still not there as you have to find another piece of software on the Garmin web site called Basecamp and install that. Only with the DVD unlocked and basecamp installed can you actually get the maps on to your sat nav. Nowhere could I find a straightforward instruction for this, not on the disc or in the packaging that's for sure, and it was a matter of an hour or so surfing the Garmin web site and trial and error. Hopefully, now they are on the sat nav I won't get lost on my hols, and at least this DVD cost a lot less than buying from Garmin direct.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Maps of Europe on DVD, 3 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
I went for the DVD option rather than the plug in. This gives me the option to have the full set of maps on my laptop for reference at any time and down load what I'm likely to use as I need it. As I'm using the Colorado for sailing and hiking as well the G2 nav charts and OS-Topocharts will probably reside on SD cards and be swapped in an out as needed.
Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin City Navigator Europe NT on DVD 2010, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
I bought the Garmin maps on Amazon uk because the price was half the price of the same product in Denmark, and delivery time was excellent, only 3 working days with Deutche Post.

I've used Garmin maps and mapsource for 9 years and planning rutes on my computer is essential for my holiday planning and other trips.

It's a excellent product to use, however it does have a few limitations, cars and walk options only, so especially if you plan a bicycle trip you can run into a few problems, nothing mayor though.

All in all a excellent product to a acceptical price.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what says on the 'tin', 15 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
What can I say...It's a map.
This is the official Garmin map set for Europe and cheaper than on the Garmin website. Delivery was fast [next day. replacement for the one I bought in error].
I needed the DVD rather than the SD card as I also bought the Dakota 10. This lets me load what I'm most likely to use.As I'm using the Dakota 10 my device does not have a SD slot so this is the only way i can load maps onto it.

the DVD is also less expensive than the SD option as well.
looks good and no problems loading map onto pc/device,and I no longer have a useless base map taunting me on my new GPS device.very useful to have especially when geocaching in towns,cities and built up areas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Europe DVD, 28 Dec. 2011
T. Brumpton (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
I have never bought software with such poor start up instructions. However having read other Garmin forums I should not have been surprised. It seems that only tips off these sites is the only way to get started and load the maps onto your device. Not a hint of help from official Garmin sources. E mail responses from them seem to give the wrong answer due to them thinking you have asked a different question to the one asked.
I am surprised I managed to load the maps (only for UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars City Navigator for my Garmin Oregon 550t, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
I chose Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD for my GPS Oregon 550t.
Because the price is less than 3 / 4 of what it is in Denmark, including postage.
Also delivery time was exklusiv, just 3 days!
I use Garmin Maps for both Geocaching and travel between European countries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapid delivery and good price, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
Much cheaper than buying it elsewhere. A branded product in original packing. It uploaded free map updates as soon as I loaded it. I get better results on my Etrex 20 than with the free maps I used. Delivery very quick and very polite messages from the sellers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for cyclists, 26 April 2012
Derrick (Burton upon Trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
Like other users, I found it extremely difficult to download, unlock and put into my Garmin Edge800. It really is a case of sorting it all out for yourself as mentioned in previous reviews. Having got there eventually I tried to load a cycle route onto the pc site map before downloading it into the device. Although the device is cycling specific and, the mapping allows you to load the route under 'cycling'. It simply will not let you run the route over specified roads that you know are cycling friendly. I tried to route a common route on roads that we use regularly, but the map constantly re-routed me as if the route was for a car. Not even liking some routes through villages that are clearly two-way for all traffic. I am currently awaiting another mapping system as this is definately not cycling friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 25 Dec. 2012
rc (As, BelgiŽn) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Maps of Europe NT City Navigator on DVD (Software)
use it as an backup device for navigation ( in the car and on foot) had an update in 2012, usable for city trips and additional navigation information on hiking trips (data about shops, pubs , restaurants)