1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value For Money, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Casio AMW-702-7AVEF Mens Combi Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as I needed something for kayaking and so was looking for somthing tough that I could use with a decent set of functions and that I didn't mind getting bashed/lost (my main watch is an Omega which I've had for 15 years and love). I didn't want to get a G-Shock as they're too chunky for my wrist and for the spec I really wanted were too expensive.

This was a great compromise and I like:

1) Build quality is excellent with a stainless steel case and crystal glass (no scratches yet)
2) Waterproof to 100m
3) I like the resin strap which is comfortable and fits easily
4) a good background light which is easy to turn on in the dark and clearly shows the time
5) a stopwatch (so I can see how slowly I'm going)
6) It has hands and digital dial so you can read it either way
7) a thermometer

It has a load more functions than this (a timer, alarm, fishing level indicator, etc), but I never use these though others may.

For what it is I really can't fault it. You get a lot of watch for your money and I would strongly recommend you consider it if your looking for an activity watch. However, I can't "love it" as it's purely functional. It's like Skoda, great car by all accounts, but it's difficult to get excited about it. As a result, it's a four star product for me.