Sure this is what Diablo-3 would have looked like back in 2006 - but is clearly NOT be a bad thing!

Quite realistic graphics achieved even on medium range PCs (a 6-year old P4 system with only the video card upgraded to a 7600GT can run it with everything on HIGH). I particularly liked that you can see the exact armor and weapons on your opponents and, after you killed them, everything drops for looting.

I am a great fun of D&D RPGs. In Titan Quest there is no deep background - except lots of excellent Mythology, correctly told for once. There is no "official 20-sided dice" getting thrown somewhere in the background - do you really care? Hack, slash, zap, burn and destroy. Loot, sell and buy. Repeat as needed.

This is the Gold edition containing both the original game and its expansion. Brace yourself for endless hours of addictive fun!
You will surely enjoy it too.

on 23 June 2009
Being a city builder at heart, it was only Two Worlds that finally interested me enough to try an RPG game. I enjoyed that so I took a chance and bought Morrowind, Oblivion, The Witcher and Titan Quest Gold edition when on holiday back in 2007. The only one out of these four that is still on my computer is TQIT. I love it.

It may be a Diablo II clone - I wouldn't know as I could never get Diablo II to install properly on my computer - but it offers hours and hours of hack 'n' slash fun. With a wealth of different character combinations to play with you can't get bored easily as each requires a different style of play. Controls are simple and easy to use, the mythology is interesting and graphics look quite stunning in many parts of the game. The expansion adds an extra Act IV to the original three act game and Epic and Legendary difficulties also throw up the occasional extra boss monster to try your hand against.

Why so long to review it, you might ask? Well, I've been playing the game almost continuously since I installed it. That can't be a bad recommendation for any game.

TQ got a bad press right after its launch, due to piracy problems among other things, but its popularity just keep growing and growing. I think it was well worth the money I paid for it and I can't wait for its spiritual successor "Grim Dawn" to hit the shelves.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2011
I wanted a game that was easy to play and did not require a lot of thinking (at least for some characters) because I am in the middle of a degree dissertation and the game was going to be used to relieve stress and help me relax. I am not interested in high end graphics or on line gaming, and this one seemed to fit what I wanted. Installation was easy and I was reminded of my old Diablo 2 days, which are long gone. I have not played TitanQuest for hours, but I have enjoyed the time I have spent on it. It is a combat oriented point and click game, which is perfect for what I wanted. I have read somewhere that it is quite a long game, but I cannot see me finishing it due to the reasons of me buying it in the first place. I will not uninstall it because I am sure that I will return to it now and again for a quick game after the dissertation is complete.
on 20 December 2012
Just to say a few things about other games as a comparison with Titan Quest. Like many other people, I was looking forward to Diablo 3. (Never played Diablo 2) And so when it came out, I see all the very poor ratings on the Amazon reviews, and I buy it anyway, as I like this genre of game so much. However, rather predictably, Diablo 3 wouldn't work on my 5 year old (high spec) computer. That's a bit ridiculous. I would still get it, if it came out on the Xbox 360, even if the reviews are terrible. (the graphics are very good).

So Titan Quest, and the expansion is an old game now, but there isn't anything else out there at the moment, for PC or console. I've tried Dungeon Siege 3, for console, but it's rubbish. I didn't play through Titan Quest before, as I found it too hard, but it was a good game, so I'm trying it again. For this type of game, it is better on the PC, as you can see the text, which can be hard if it's on the console. Titan Quest gets good reviews. I made a big mod for this game, a few years ago, and spend a lot of time on it, as it is easy to mod. My mod was a failure though. It was too late, as most people have forgotten this old game, and in truth, my mod probably wasn't any fun to play through. (Although it was fun to make).
My mod is an Immortal Throne full game, where you can play up to level 17, if you download the mod, where I posted it again on the Titan Quest forum (Titan Quest modifications and the editor). I think the Greek setting is perfect for this type of game. I like the fact that you start off with a tunic and a stick, and can progress up through impressive armour, and weapons. You can play as a man or a woman.

Back in the day, Baldur's Gate, Dark Alliance, for the Xbox, was a very good game, in this genre. There really hasn't been made, anything playable on the PC or console, of this top-down type of dungeon crawler. I have a real craving for good, `top-down' dungeon crawling, which is unsatisfied. All these other games, like Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia, Castlevania etc. are just not for me.
Titan Quest Gold Edition, where you get the Immortal Throne expansion, is so cheap, they could give it away. So it's very good value.
on 15 December 2010
Like most great RPG's, Titan Quest is incredibly easy to start playing, dangerously addictive and it's really, really great fun to work & fight your way up through all the levels, have quirky conversations with game characters and track down all the really useful armour/weapons/charms/spells/jewels etc
on 27 October 2013
Insanely addictive Diablo style game.

It's all about zapping monsters in a variety of satisfying and graphically amusing ways. You choose two schools of mastery from a total of eight. Each school includes several skills and their enhancements so the game has plenty of re-playability. Even though the game is now quite a few years old, the graphics are still a joy (especially with the Super Flying Bodies mod).

Biggest downside is that TQ is not designed for Xbox controller. (NB: For the Gold edition, the Immortal Throne expansion pack contains patches for the main game so install at the same time).

Titan Quest is a big game which will provide many, many hours of brainless amusement... and then there's the expansion pack...
on 2 October 2010
Still one of my favourite Hack n Slay's! Unfortunately it never won the battle versus the market leader could it !? A brilliant game and once you are into addictive! Go for it it's worth every penny!
on 23 April 2014
I am still playing this today. Runs just as beautifully on Windows 7 as it did on Windows XP. Recommended for any Diablo enthusiasts.
on 19 May 2015
I love this game but i bought it to actually own the copy on disc to be activated on or offline BUT I WAS be given 2x disc and activation code to be ONLY activated on steam which is on the internet but what if some people dont have or dont like or dont want steam or have no internet access?Im dissapointed,i cant return the game as i already opened it alot of misleading information regarding the product.
on 20 August 2015
I love this game. Easy to get into and the graphics are great works great on windows 7 and recently I have started playing it on windows 10 and it works a treat. It is one of those games you play after a hard week. A game that doesn't throw puzzles at you every now and then which sometimes to be honest you are not in the mood for. Just straight forward murder and mayhem.

See one answered question