5.0 out of 5 stars A classic reissue, 24 July 2007
R. J. Hedley "Rupert Hedley" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: For Dancers Also (Audio CD)
Yes I agree Brian - one of the first albums i bought as well - with my paper round money - rarely was the wage put to better use.

I have dreamt of the reissue of these old Kent compilations ever since the CD era began and now some of them at least are here. This was my introduction to rare soul and is a much better album than 'For Dancers Only' - altough my fave of the lot was 'Floorshakers' which is an absoloute gem so keep your eyes out for it - and also 'Soul Class Of 66'.

These kent albums always had a great mix of rare soul, R&B numbers and the odd cool instrumental and this CD is a case in point. There are only about four average tracks on here and the rest are superb examples of cool uptempo 60s soul - i especially like The Booker T Averhart and Johnny Otis tracks (which is a bit like the funkier sounding 'Watts Breakaway')

But most of the others are great as well so i urge you to buy this and keep your eyes peeld for future Kent reissues - you will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my first Kent LPs, 17 July 2007
Brian Dryburgh (Dubai) - See all my reviews
This review is from: For Dancers Also (Audio CD)
I've still got this on yellow vinyl.........another crackin Kent LP. Kent's collections were superior to Goldmine............with a lot fewer repeats...........yeah okay they had a few fillers but generally all the tracks were pretty decent !

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul on the floor, 10 Aug 2014
D. MCDONAGH (Coatbridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: For Dancers Also [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Amazing collection, glad I bought this one, happy man.

For Dancers Also
For Dancers Also by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2007)