5.0 out of 5 stars Wang Yu - Dub Plate with his short sword!!!
Published on 9 Jun 2009 by J. Knox

1.0 out of 5 stars I need the code for me to view the DVD
I do not hate it there is a USA code on it so it won't show on my DVD player. This is not fair as its a classic I have been after for years.
Published 16 months ago by Robert Wheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars Wang Yu - Dub Plate with his short sword!!!, 9 Jun 2009
J. Knox "Shawbruv38" (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Armed Swordsman [DVD] [1967] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I wanted to see this flick for years but with the quality of VHS back in the day was so poor i left it. I had managaged to get the follow up to it and that was wicked. This one ranks as one of my favourite early wang yu shows he is truly made for this role as good student dedicated to his master but yet not being truly accepted as one for the crew due to his lineage. His father was a servant to his now master so when his father.....what am i doing sorry, this flick is so good i always like to give a little taste to reviewers. All i will say is that Wang yu epitomises the role and if you are a Old Skool kung fu type, i promise you will NOT be disappointed A true shaw bruv classic!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Armed Swordsman, 19 Dec 2009
A. J. Harrison (UK) - See all my reviews
This my personal favourite Shaw Brothers film. It may not be action from start to finish but the story, characters and directing were all stunning. Wang Yu is my personal favourite Shaw Brothers actor (along side Lo Lieh) and he gives his career best performance in this movie.

The film isnt as action packed as other films such as Heroic Ones and Heroes Two but when there is action you wont be disapointed. Some of the music used is taken from Ralh Nelson's Duel At Diablo which is a great score and it suits this film perfectly, a must see.

1.0 out of 5 stars I need the code for me to view the DVD, 4 Mar 2013