5.0 out of 5 stars Very good keyring sized penknife. small but tough.
Published on 25 Aug. 2009 by Graeme

3.0 out of 5 stars Mini Champ
Hardly a mini version of the Swiss Champ,but as a usefull little gadget to slip in your pocket or purse it is fine, for tackling small everyday tasks it is great,works easier if you have small hands and or nimble fingers.I think it is comparable to the Leatherman Squirt,but for me the magnetic philips screwdriver and the clever retractable pen tip the balance in favour of...
Published on 12 July 2011 by R. Biggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good keyring sized penknife. small but tough., 25 Aug. 2009
This is the minature little brother of the famous Swisschamp knife, measuring just 58mm long. You get the same tools you get on the other minature Victorinox penknives, a small blade, minature scissors, and a nail file/nail cleaner. Plus several additional ones, including a small phillips screwdriver & bottle opener, a small flat screwdriver plus ruler, and a letter opening blade, and a orange peeler aznd a cuticle pusher plus a flip out pen.

Firstly, although the two knives on this are small, they are of very high quality, extremely sharp and durable and surprisingly useful. The same can be said of the scissors, which, although tiny, are surprisingly tough and can easilly cut through thick cardboard, and plastic packaging. The small phillips screwdriver works well for small screws, although I have not used the bottle opener, and the flathead screwdriver can be used for larger screws, (phillips and flathead) but I would not like to use it on very tough screws, as I'm afraid of bending it.

I have had no cause to use the cuticle pusher, (although it has come in handy as a scraping tool, for scraping stickers off windows etc) and have only used the orange peeler once, it seems to work ok. The ruler on the side of the screwdriver is only 3.5cm, and so of little use, unless as a last resort if it is the only ruler available.

You get a slot in the handle for either the toothpick or tweezers, (both come with this) but you can't have both at the same time, as on the other handle there is a pop-out ballpoint pen. In a way I miss having both toothpick and tweezers, however the pen has often come in handy, so probably compensates.

All in all this is a very good package for something so small, probably one of the best keyring sized multitools, although some of the leatherman ones give it a good run for it's money. I get the impression this one is aimed at the female market, so could be a good present for wives or girlfriends. Although still sufficiently blokey for a man to own.

Reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy on all sorts of occasions for busy mums., 18 Oct. 2011
EllyBlue (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
I bought my Mini Champ four years ago on holiday in Switzerland, and although I paid a higher price for it there, it has been worth every penny. I'm a busy mum, so maybe not the obvious candidate for a little gadget like this, but I carry this everywhere in its own little pocket in my bag, and it has come in useful on so many occasions. Scissors are often used to snip labels off things, or when I'm sewing or knitting. Screwdrivers are super useful for opening the battery compartments on children's toys or for unscrewing a plug to change the fuse rather than having to get the big tool box out. Great to have a pen when you just need to write a few words and all the other pens in the house have disappeared (does this happen to anyone else I wonder..?). The only bottle opener I own is on the Mini Champ, so when I needed to open a bottle of cider (for cooking purposes!), I looked no further than this.
Nail file, tape measure etc, well you know what those do and how much you'll be likely to use them.
The point about this is that it is small, easy to carry about, extremely well made, and very good for all sorts of little jobs. If I lost mine, I would buy another one in a moment. Thoroughly recommend that every woman should have one of these in her handbag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality little package, 13 Mar. 2010
This is the best penknife I've ever seen. It's tiny enough to fit in your pocket or on your keys, but contains lots of shiney goodies inside.

If you're a student you can become swiftly popular by being the only one in the vicinity with a bottle opener, if you're an artist you can use it to cut materials and bend wires, if you're bored you can try to find magnetic things on you or your friend's person by jabbing them with the screwdriver (it's magnetic). I've been all of these.

Obviously the little knives and scissors and tiny ballpoint pen are most invaluable tools. The only tool I've never used is the highly mysterious strangely-shaped round-cornered rectangle, which turned out to be an orange peel cutter (who needs help opening an orange?) so instead I amused myself by presenting it to friends and asking them to tell me what on earth it was. Asnwers varied from a health and safety conscious screwdriver to a tiny mouse shoe pusher.

Best of all it's one of the few useful penknives that are legal to carry around (blade doesn't lock, is within knife law dimensions, etc) so you can carry it in your pocket without having to worry about being arrested.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best orange peeler ever, 1 July 2012
Ms. C. H. Rogers (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
Mumbai Airport, the baggage check, my beloved Swiss Army knife is spotted in my hand luggage and confiscated. It's not the first time but I am bereft. First stop when I get home is Amazon for a replacement. In my haste to replace my knife, I fail to notice the measurements so I am disappointed to find it is much smaller than I expected. Well, that makes it easier to carry doesn't it?

Nevertheless, it has two blades and most of the tools one could want: scissors, wire-stripper, nail-file, ruler, etc.. Bottle-opener but no cork-screw. There's a dear little pen, tweezers AND a toothpick. For me, however, the unexpected delight is the orange-peeler. It's ingenious and gives a perfectly peeled orange every time. Almost worth the money on its own!

I wouldn't be without it and I'll be very careful in future not to take it through airports in my hand luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 28 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
I've waited a long, long time to own my own Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. After hinting for years and suggesting as a present for me, when asked, alas, no one took me seriously. I supposed not too many females crave a Swiss army knife!! So, biting the bullet, I purchased my own, and to be honest, I am absolutely thrilled. Ok, so it's only a 'wee one', but already, I've used it half a dozen times (and no, it's not me whipping it out at any available opportunity, these were genuine uses). The knife, scissors and tweezers have come into their own already (to the amazement of my female companions who needed said items!). I've already ear-marked a couple more of the knives for forthcoming gifts, and am already planning the next one for me!! Great product. Love it. By the way, I received the knife in 5 days from date of purchase, and considering I live in Spain, I was very impressed. The carrier, MRW, are top class. So all around, I am one happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini pocket toolbox, 14 Jan. 2013
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
i am amazed how action packed this little helper is and the outstanding build quality.
all functions work perfectly and it really will last ages. Just for a note the color of the ink in the pen is blue.
Just do not forget to take it off your keys on the airport, its too expensive to be confiscated, but they will take it off you.
This is really the flagship among the 58mm range, small, very light and very versatile, comes in a lovely gift box and includes both toothpick and tweezers, but only one of them fits on the knife since there is the pen on the other side, i already repaired my watch with this, i cannot suggest this highly enough, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need in a small package (and more), 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
I had the small "Victorinox Knife Classic SD Swiss Army Knife" and decided to "upgrade" to the mini champ.

Likes:
It came with all the key tools I need in a small package.
It came with both the tweezers and the toothpick for you to decide which one you want to carry inside the one space (the other one contains the ball-pen).

Dislikes/differences:
The knife is in a slightly different position compared with the mini classic.
It feels like it has too many similar tools (e.g. not a big difference between the 2 knifes, to be noticeable), but missing a mini-saw.
I wish the scissors had the same spring mechanism as a wenger; much more robust and elegant.

What to look out for:
(common sense, I know...) Don't leave your pen knife in your pocket when doing a boil-wash. They don't like that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, unneeded tools, 10 May 2013
Darren-M (North-East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
As always with Victorinox, build quality is excellent.

I especially like the retractable pen, which takes up one of the two slots for tweezers/toothpick (you get both, so get the option of which to carry around with you). Likewise, the addition of a backup blade is nice. The combo bottle opener has to be one of the easiest I've ever used, and to top it off it has a Philips screwdriver on the end of it which seems perfectly sized for those fiddly kids toys & computer cases.

It does suffer from a couple of tools which aren't terribly useful: mainly the cuticle pusher and orange peeler. The ruler is too short to be useful, although it does have a nice screwdriver on the end of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini champ beats them all, 27 Oct. 2011
Letrow (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red (Sports)
This is a great little Victorinox knife. I wanted something for on my keychain and had looked at Leatherman and others. Then I remembered a present from a few years ago, a Victorinox midnite manager. After trying it out for a couple of days my only regret was that it didn't have tweezers. Looking on Amazon I found that the mini champ offered all the tools I liked (and more) and had the tweezers.
What pulled me through on this purchase was the fact that the small knives can be used for (easy) operations on my pets. Never have they looked better.
My only worry was the size, I expected it to be wider than the midnite manager, but it isn't. If you can do without the light option (I recommend tweezers, as the light is very weak and almost useless anyway) the mini champ is just as big as the midnite manager, due to the smaller scales. The mini champ has 16 functions, the midnite manager has 10.
Easy choice, especially now that Amazon offers it for a very nice price. A toothpick is included in the package as well, which can be exchanged for the tweezers if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good it got confiscated!, 8 Aug. 2011
I have always had Victorinox penknives, since I was about 11. I've now worked my way up to the XLT for weekend wear, with an old Camper living in my briefcase. Friends take the mickey out of me, until they need to borrow one! And thieves like them a lot, I've lost three that way, including one stolen from a checked-in bag, ironically coming back from Switzerland.
I bought my Dad a mini Classic about 25 years ago and he has used it all over the world.
My wife "likes a gadget" so I bought her a Mini Champ. With a number of manicure-related tools it is girly enough to justify being on her keyring, without losing practicality for more masculine tasks. She loves it. Unfortunately on a recent trip she forgot to put her keys in the checked-in bag, so the penknife got confiscated by airport security. This is the only reason I had to buy another.
Be warned, you will never stop using one and they take forever to wear out, so make sure you buy the one you will want for the long term! If you want something neat, compact and multi-talented then the Mini Champ is IT

Victorinox 06385 Army Knife Mini Champ Red