‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Three years later and it's still as good as new!, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Victorinox Cybertool 41, 41 Functions, Color: Translucent Red (Sports)
I bought the Cybertool 41 when I started a new job three years ago, along with a brown leather pouch (Victorinox Swiss Army Brown Leather Pouch 5-8 Layer) to carry it on my belt. It is the single most useful item I have ever purchased, and the best investment considering the low price.

I use it all day, everyday. It's been used to take apart computers and expensive scientific instrumentation (thanks to the useful hex screw bits), to cut tubing, open boxes, file down metal catches, cut small branches off trees, open cans and bottles, prune my bonsai trees, cut my nails, fix my bike; the list really is endless. It has never been off my hip since I bought it (apart from when flying). If I had to pick the most useful tool I'd be torn between the screw driver with interchangeable bits or the pliers.

If you're worried about carrying the Cybertool in public, don't. Due to the sub 3 inch, non locking blade it is perfectly legal to carry around with you pretty much anywhere in the UK (unless you are using it in a threatening manner). The price of around £50 may seem a little steep, but when I think about how much I use it and how stuck I'd be without it it's payed for itself many times over. A decent Leatherman will set you back around £100. This has only slightly less functionality but has the advantages of being smaller and lighter. After three years in my possession (a rather heavy handed individual) it is as new, apart from a few scuffs where I've managed to drop it. It's well built and needs little looking after; I give it a good wash with dish detergent and lube it every few months.

To summarize, this is like having a small toolkit in your pocket. Sturdy, reliable and infinitely useful. One of the best purchases I have ever made. I also recommend the Victorinox Swiss Army Brown Leather Pouch 5-8 Layer to go with the tool - Victorinox Swiss Army Brown Leather Pouch 5-8 Layer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think, just buy, you wont regret !, 17 April 2014
A. P. Hume "aph" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought this knife over ten years ago I just had to say what an absolute amazing buy it has been.
it has travelled with me around the world and has gotten me out of more awkward situations than I care to remember.
if its a home diy project or an emergency fix in a frozen field thousands of miles from home, you will thank your lucky stars you bought this amazing tool !
Its far from a gadget, its a must have for anyone and I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.
If I could give it 6 stars I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!, 22 Oct 2011
A very useful small tool. can't even start my day without this tool. it simply the best multi tool i've ever had. A must have tool for a man who like doing a lot of things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Knife, 12 Mar 2010
Jason Delaney (England, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Ive recnelty had one of these brought as a birthday present, had it now since january. Mines the 41 and it brilliant i must use it maybe everyday for something, ive cut carpets, cable ties, used the scissors, screw driver bits i carry it where ever i go, small and lightweight to carry in your pocket or belt mines normally in my victorinox rucksack. Id have to say that this tool is better than my leatherman wave by quite a margain. My advice is if you are looking for a great knife then go for the swiss champ, work champ or the cybertool 41, victorinox have made yet nother quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent tool kit, 21 May 2014
As an IT worker, I find this very useful at work, it has all the functions I need to work on PCs.
The only thing I am not sure about is the translucent sides, i think it would look better in the original solid red, but obviously the would not effect the usability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent household and office tool, 10 May 2014
Though primarily branded toward tech professionals and people who like to build their own PCs, the Cybertool is a great little everyday multitool, and none of its attachments are so obscure as to not be useful around the home or office. I prefer it to the SwissChamp as it's somewhat slimmer and fits more naturally in the hand, plus the multi-bit screwdriver with long handle on a tool of this size is just fantastic. As you'd expect from Victorinox the build quality is rock solid, even the 90-degree and the bladed attachments are decently sharp out of the box. My only minor niggles would be the lack of a nail clipper (understandably as it's not actually a general tool) and that the wire cutters are very small and (again understandably) geared to filament wire. Overall an extremely impressive product.

5.0 out of 5 stars use it all the time, 10 April 2014
excellent tool to have lying around the house. I use it all the time for opening bottles, cutting open boxes, the screwdriver feature with different head is brilliant, use all the time for replacing batteries, tightening up hinges etc. etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine workmanship., 20 Mar 2014
I am a fan. This is to replace the 35 model I have had for 10 years (still working well but a bit bashed)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cybertool 41, 5 Mar 2014
A pleasure to own and comes in handy from time to time.
Second one I have bought, the first being stolen along with my ruck sack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not even my everyday carry-around, but so useful when needed., 25 Feb 2014
Bought a couple during the sales and while I use Victorinox Swiss Army Swisschamp Knife Black as my everyday tool, I've still bought this one out to perform a few tasks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›