5.0 out of 5 stars Powerball Newb and I love it!
I am completely new to the who Powerball scene and I don't play any of the sports listed or any musical instruments.

Purely by chance I stumbled upon this item on Amazon as it was getting 4-5 stars, so after reading a few of the reviews and finding out what all the fuss was about I was intrigued and I had to give it a try.

At this stage I must point...
Published on 7 Jan 2008 by Mr. R. Betts

3.0 out of 5 stars broken display
Recieved my powerball over a week ago and the display didnt work. Took apart and fitted new batteries and still no go. Apart from that its good fun. Just would like to know how fast I can get it
Published 9 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerball Newb and I love it!, 7 Jan 2008
Mr. R. Betts "XtreamXTC" (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)

At this stage I must point out that like a lot of the male population I am a slave when it comes to impulse buying and gadgets and I've been the unfortunate owner of some poor gadgets and toys as well as some good ones.

The Powerball is defiantly one of my better buys. As I said at the start, I'm not a sporty person (Snooker and the odd game of football is about as far as I stretch) but I fancied a bit more exercise and increasing my arms strength. Don't get me wrong, this item isn't going to give you a CV workout, or get you breaking a sweat but the force it generates will certainly increase your arm muscles & strength and certainly took me by surprise how much power it does generate and I've only got it up for 8,000 RPM (just half of its potential!).

It takes a while to get used to starting it up and I've still not mastered doing it without the string, but after a couple of attempts you get used to the `rhythm' of it and now I have no trouble at all starting it up and keeping it going for as long as I want. Be patient at this point, it can get frustrating when you can't get the thing started!

The main thing that sells this to me, is I can't put it down, I know its cliché, but it really does make it a fun way to exercise your arms and its addictive. I can sit there watching the football on the TV and using this at the same time and it doesn't feel too strenuous.

The only tiny tiny thing I can grumble about is the noise it makes, it not horrendously loud, but its just enough to put me off bringing it to work with me, which is a shame because I'd be using it all day.

So, hopefully that gives you a good idea of what the fuss is all about from a newb perspective, read the reviews and if you think its something you want to give a try, go and get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Have a Ball With It, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
There are two main reasons to get one of these. The first is if you want to strengthen your hand and arms. The second? To have fun!

First reason one. If you're looking for a way to strengthen your arm and hand, the powerball will definitely help you with this. Specifically, you have to hold on to it, so it works the gripping muscles of the hand. It also works the wrist muscles, because you have to rotate your wrist to keep the motion going. Lastly, your biceps will get a workout as well, because your biceps muscle helps turn your palm up (supination), which is one of the motions involved in keeping the gyro spinning.

I can't really see anyone with an acute wrist/elbow/arm injury using this device, as it would probably be just too vigorous a motion and flare things up. In other words, say you had really bad tennis elbow and could hardly grip things or move your wrist around much- I think the powerball would likely make it worse in the beginning. Maybe use it more later on as it got better as the powerball is definitely an advanced activity you could do to get fully back into shape. Exercises like those outlined in Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow would probably work better than to jump into something vigorous like a powerball. Mild cases might do alright though.

On the other hand, if you don't have an injury and are just looking to get the above muscles stronger and in better shape, then the powerball will certainly benefit you. Because it can spin progressively faster and faster as you get stronger, the powerball can provide you with a progressive resistance of sorts to get you stronger and stronger over time.

Now the second reason to get a powerball, for fun, really needs little explanation- it's just too much fun seeing how fast you can get this thing spinning! Perhaps the only non-fun thing about it is that it does take a little practice to get the hang of it, and when you're starting out and can't keep it spinning, well, that can get a little frustrating. However, it doesn't take long, and one thing that helped me in the beginning was to keep my elbow straight as I was practicing getting the technique down.

All-in-all a cool toy and useful tool- don't think twice and give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant innovation, 29 Dec 2010
T. W. Turner (Teesside UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
Surprised & delighted, didn't quite know what to expect, had to try it 4 or 5 times then suddenly I found the rhythmic movement. The only improvement I think like to see is the safety strap I have attached it to a lanyard around my neck so as it can be changed from hand to hand without loosing momentum or fear of dropping.
Thanks to all concerned.
T. Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down!, 22 Sep 2007
S. Singh "Pill Popper" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
Very addictive and once you get the hang of it (in the first 5 minutes), you really can feel it working on your muscles. Brilliantly useable whatever you're doing. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerball newcomer, 7 May 2008
D. Goodson (UK, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
I bought a Power Ball due to me suffering with acute pain in my elbow after sitting at a desk at work for long hours. It arrived three days earlier than the estimated delivery date, which is obviously a great credit to Amazon. The parcel arrived in a huge Amazon box that could have fit about 10 Power Balls in it!

However, that aside, I unpacked it and immediately wanted to test it out. After about 5 unsuccessful attempts to get the thing started, I finally managed to bring it to life. I was immediately hooked! You can instantly feel the power that is generated and it isn't long before your muscles feel like they are working hard. I know I said I bought it for rehabilitation but I've got a competitive side and wanted to know how fast I could get it. After 15 minutes I managed speeds of over 6000 rpm, but later that evening I managed to get a top speed of 10,702 rpm, I thought my arm was about to explode!

So, although I cannot yet comment on the rehabilitation side of this product, I can say that it is an incredible piece of kit that will have you hooked from the moment you take it out of the box!

Buy one! You will NOT be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, enjoyable and worth every penny, 16 Jun 2008
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
On the company's website, they clearly take pride in emphasising the Powerball's addictive nature, and rightly so. There's great satisfaction to be had within minutes of using the product, as you become more proficient in your technique, admiring the miniature lights festival created inside and all the while knowing that your strength is improving.

As the proud owner of a Signature Series for several days, I've alternated between every suggested motion, often giving it a vigorous whirl and at other times a mild paced spin. I'm pleased to say that my forearms are beginning to feel much more firm and my gripping power noticeably improved such that I'm tempted to keep clenching my fists in amazement. Both the fun factor and physical benefit make a wonderful incentive to use this product as part of a long term routine.

I've gotten my family hooked into healthy competition for the highest score boasted on the LCD display. All that remains is to show the Powerball to my cat (she has a thing for luminous objects).

5.0 out of 5 stars White Pro Signature or Regular Neon?, 26 Dec 2008
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
I bought the Neon White Pro Signature model Powerball for myself, and at the same time my brother bought the Neon Blue Pro. I chose the Signature Pro model as the price wasn't much more and it included a wrist strap and instructional DVD. However, the wrist strap just gets in the way and the DVD is pointless, especially considering you get an easy start guide anyway. On the other hand, the instruction manual that comes with the Neon Pro is easy to refer to and contains all the necessary information for getting started.

Other than that, both powerballs are identical and great pieces of equipment. I like the subtle colours of the Signature Pro, but the Neon Blue also looks great when it's in use. If the colour isn't important, I'd say get the Neon Pro, or get the Signature Pro and just leave the wrist strap and cheesy DVD in the box!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
I am 42 and I had a nasty mountain biking accident 8 years ago resulting in a badly dislocated shoulder. I also play the guitar, and have actually had to buy a hollow bodied guitar to lessen the discomfort when I play standing up. I've tried weights and massage and several therapy methods including swimming and stretching. I also work in IT and spend 8 hours a day in front of a computer, and often found myself writhing in discomfort, constantly jigging my shoulder to relieve the cramps and pain, probably making it worse in the process. I found he powerball almost by accident, and was very skeptical, I mean how can such a thing really work? The truth is, once you get the hang of it, the gyroscopic motion of the powerball creates a pleasant resistance that you can control very easily. At low speeds, it's therapeutic and gentle on the wrist and forearm, but if you want you can get it really buzzing and when you stop the thing almost leaps out of your hand with the forces it generates. I managed to get it over 12k rpm tonight (with my good arm), and I can really feel a burn like a proper workout, but what I absolutely love is what it's done for my weak shoulder. I now feel that the whole shoulder joint is able to relax after my daily session of about half an hour, and the muscles are still with no spasms or pain all day at work. Just the mechanism itself, by which the thing works I find utterly fascinating. I think gyroscopic motion is one of the key methods by which future power generation will be accomplished and if this is the start of that then it has got off in the best of possible ways. This little machine, almost a toy in its simplicity, is the most remarkable, enjoyable, useful and effective object I have ever laid my hands on. Bar none. I assure you, if you buy it, out of interest, or as part of your workout equipment, or just as an objet for you coffee table (everyone who has seen it is fascinated with it), then you will never, and I mean never regret it. It's absolutely outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ingenious and addictive piece of exercise equipment!!, 22 Dec 2008
E. C. Carnochan "Mr C." (Dumfries) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
This product is fantastic. Period.

I particularly love the review below giving it 1*. If you need to spend more than 30 seconds to get it to spin fast and smooth you've got the worst co-ordination in the world. Beginners need to spin the gyro inside with the string provided - which will NOT break if you do it right, you don't need to even spin it hard but it's easier than using your finger. Then all you need to do is twist your wrist slowly in a 6" circle. That's all you need to do to get it spinning. Then match the revolutions of the gyro with a smooth wrist movement and you're away!! Start slow and practice fast, small circle movements to build up the resistance. This Powerball is fantastic, the faster you go the harder it is to spin - I thought it wasn't doing much until I stopped and then had trouble lifting a cup of tea!! It's great for muscle building, injury physiotherapy and dexterity and grip - you won't be dissapointed!!

Please note - this basic model does NOT come with the LCD monitor which measures your speed, RPM etc. You might not think you'd want it but after you get it spinning all you'll want to know is how fast it's going!!! Go for the slightly more expensive Neon or Pro model which includes the LCD counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my career, 23 Jun 2009
This review is from: Powerball Neon White Pro Signature (Sports)
I bought this last year when suffering from RSI/tendonitis in my left arm; I am a viola player in a professional orchestra and for 6 months prior to using a powerball my forearm in particular constantly ached and felt tired. It throbbed from the moment I woke up to going to sleep.

I tried sports massage, stretches and ibuprofen cooling gel, all of which helped a little but never sorted the problem. Then I saw the powerball on Amazon and thought I'd give it a shot; it seemed relatively inexpensive for the testimonials it was getting.

I noticed a difference the day after I started using it. When I woke up my arm felt fine, and within just a few days all symptoms which had been there for months disappeared. After over a year I still use it regularly and have had no problems since. I swear by it.

This model is great, I love the lights. My advice is not to buy the Screamer model unless you want to annoy all those around you. This isn't silent but the screamer will aggravate your tinnitus once you get it going!

Powerball Neon White Pro Signature