5.0 out of 5 stars Works well
I ordered this after reading the reviews and decided to take a gamble with it. This works perfectly, easy to set up, works with the wireless on (& the wireless hub/router is right next to the transmitter box) & i can change channels from upstairs.
Published on 4 Feb. 2011 by K. Dave

After buying aerial splitters both powered and non-powered with weak results I didnt expect much from these. Fortunatley it was easy to setup and use with a good picture quality. So it did the job.

Published on 5 May 2007 by A. Jordan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than Expected - with some exceptions with Wireless Routers, 5 May 2007
A. Jordan "APJordan" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One For All SV1715 Wireless Audio Video Sender for Controlling DVD / Set-Top Box from Another Room (Electronics)

Unfortunatley it doesn't work very well with a wireless router/broadband kit in the same area and the wireless aspect of the router doesnt work at all with associated PCs because of the interferance of the TV Link (SV1715). These are on the same frequency channel and somehow the PC cannot pick-up the router signal. I dont know what it would be like if I moved these pieces of equipment round but as the router is connected to the NTL Cable box for broadband connection then it's not possible.

I did not manage to send the NTL remote signal through the system from the bedroom to the NTL box in the dining room. I dont think the NTL box can pick-up a relayed remote control signal through the SV1715. It does send other remote control signals down as I can control the downstairs TV using the remote in the bedroom through the SV1715- therefore must be NTL!

Good machine if you dont have a wireless network! If you do have a network then you'll have to turn the SV1715 off or the router off to use either. I cannot use them both at the same time. :-(

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED, 24 Aug. 2008
Ms. A. Penfound (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I purchased the product from Comet. Wish I had been warned the equipment does not work if there is a wireless router. I also had to disconnect the video in order I could connect the receiver to the sky box, this took longer than installing the product. Disappointing to find it does not work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sky living room to bedroom viewing....not very good, 10 Jan. 2010
Not what I was expecting....

I plugged the transmitter into my sky HD in my living room and the receiver in my bedroom (the same floor about 50ft apart), with the plan to watch sky in the bedroom. I did receive a signal although the interference visual and audio made viewing unbearable.

I live in a block of apartments, where most people have WIFI and I understand that this can be the cause of bad signal, I did switch my wireless phone and WIFI off and I tried the different settings, but no joy.

I will return the product, will try the phillips, which has received good reviews via this site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 4 Feb. 2011
K. Dave - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful but don't use with a wireless router, 2 Jan. 2010
not bad units but they don't work when the wireless router is plugged in. so not as good as our old ones which did! Only buy if you're not wireless!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 3 July 2009
Dayc "Dayc" (London England) - See all my reviews
Alot of interference meant the picture could be just about clear but there was always a clicking sound constantly heard

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 26 July 2012
There was no where on the technical data, or on the reviews, that said this would not work on cable TV. It only works on Sky and Freeview. I had 3 tech guys to look if I had done sonething wrong and they all said that we cant transmit cable. The selling company said they would get their technical guy to phone which he never did. I had trouble getting my money credited back onto my giftcard. I claimed through Amozon who were fantastic and the money is back in my account.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and is compatible with older One For All models., 30 April 2010
Works well and is compatible with older One For All models. Picture sent through the video sender is not quite as good as when viewed through an aerial - but if your property is set-up to pick up the external input on additional TVs, through an aerial loop - the video sender is the perfect way to change that channel from another room. Customer Service for One For All is most helpful and at the time I bought mine, I found Amazon the best price for purchasing product in the UK. The only drawback is that you cannot buy the `sender' and the `receiver' separately. So if you want to `send' to more than one extra TV, you have to buy both `ends' - but only use the `receiver' on each additional TV. However, this is a small glitch for such a useful convenience that I use and enjoy every day...

1.0 out of 5 stars SV 1715, 29 Mar. 2011
I purchased this item believing that I could use it upstairs to watch channels from my satellite receiver in the front room but unfortunately I could not watch any steady picture.So I returned it to Amazon , unfortunately it doesnot do what is claimed!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of interference., 21 July 2014
J. Crocker (Torquay, UK.) - See all my reviews
Bought this item from another electricial store on the high street. I had neutral expectations after reading these reviews. They took me about 30 mins to set up as not only do you have to have the sender and receiver the right way round, but the correct scart socket connected. (It is written hidden underneath).
If you are use to picture quality in HD as that is what we watch from our sky hd box, you will definitely notice the poor quality, it reminds me of the picture from VHS very fuzzy, also sound quality has a lot of interference, even if you pause source. I also get a line keep running through picture from bottom to top. This all ruins your enjoyment of your viewing. I would advise either paying for a more expensive set or using a cable to avoid this interference.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›