5.0 out of 5 stars mum of 2 boys
Published on 28 Mar 2010 by Mrs. J. Liston

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost 2 of these now fly them with no wind and wide open space
Had 2 of these now total less than 5 minutes flying time before the wind took them on both occasions only to see them disappearing over the tree line,

Too lightweight really to fly outside if there is any wind. Would not recommend based on my experiences!
Published 12 months ago by smartyPants

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars mum of 2 boys, 28 Mar 2010
This review is from: Silverlit X-Twin Jet 2-Channel Radio Control Aeroplane (Colour and Frequency Varies) (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old son with concerns as we have bought several RC planes for him in the past which have always crash landed and broken in the first couple of weeks. But as he likes them so much we thought we would have one last go. This plane is fab as he can controll it himself. It charges up quickly although does not stay charged for long, but quite long enough for an 8 year olds attention span. He can manage it completely himself with no help from me on charging or flying although I do have to retrieve it from trees and hedges occasionally - adds to the fun. It has unfortunately broken today - the charger has broken at the end and he was distraught. He has had it a good 8 months and has probably flown it at least 5 times a week. So I am buying another one and one for his friend as a birthday pressie. Would throughly recommend it to parents of busy boys who love being outside doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little toy, 18 Aug 2010
5 or 6 of us from work all decided to buy a sub 30 RC plane to all fly about for a laugh at lunch times. Out of them all this one was the best by a long long way. I needed to spend 2 minutes trimming to get it flying straight, after that it was amazing. Goes quite high, easy to control (within 5 or 10 mins you feel you have it sussed), can get signal for a good hundred feet or more, plenty of flying time for 1 charge, way over 15 mins . Other planes that were bought couldnt even manage to fly 20 yards in a straight line after hours of faffing with the controls. If you want to spend around 20 on a little RC plane that will be easy to control from the second you first fly it - then buy this one as its great fun and no nonsense.

5.0 out of 5 stars money well spent, 17 Feb 2008
Ian Sweet - See all my reviews
this little plane is brilliant, it goes out far enough to get a good fly about, easy to manouvre after about 20 mins of getting used to it, 20 mins flying time per charge only 30 mins to charge, great fun for me and my 3 year old daughter, got it stuck up 3 trees and on top of a building on my first day, but after that no problems with the controls, excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun and little troubles with controlling it., 1 Nov 2008
Its a great fun!
It does fly away with a wind so be aware :-) I had to use ladder few times already. Little tip here: when you attach something to weight down the nose (piece of wood) it is much easier to controll outdoor.
It seems to be rain resistant.
Indoor.. well.. you would need a 50 by 50 foot room to make full turn.
Battery last long time but the 15-20 minutes charging... (15 minutes flying) well why not to buy two of them or as a second - helicopter!
Have fun, you definetly will!

5.0 out of 5 stars X-Twin R/C Jet Very Good!!!!, 31 July 2008
This is a great plane. It took me 5 mins to set up an then 5 mins to trim. After that it was easy to control and great fun! You charge from the controller and it only take 30 mins for about 15 mins flying. Great product!X-Twin R/C Jet

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun starter plane, 27 Oct 2011
I am very pleased with this toy although it is a bit smaller than I thought. It does take some getting used to but an excellent starter plane non the less. It was delivered very quickly even though it was on a normal delivery. It is shockingly quick when it is going overhead at full speed and is a very satisfying plane. But you must fly in a very large, very flat field because when I flew mine it glided very well and can get blown by the wind with ease when the thrust is off.

On the maiden voyage it flew up then down to crash, on the 2nd go it flew amazingly then I flew it out of range and it crashed, on the 3rd go it flew greatly and I glided it down, but on the 4th go when I was just getting used to it, it went too fast, it went very far away and luckily by the skin on my teeth a wind blew it into some nice peoples garden and it was found in about an hour and a half. I am going to learn from my mistakes and fly it in a BIGGER FIELD! but when you buy your first plane you are prone to crashing it and it think that it wasn't the planes fault for crashing and it was mine. But over all it is a fantastic starter plane and I am going to enjoy it very much.
HIGHLY RECOMENDED !

Saturday 27th October 2012

After a half a year of flying it gave up unexpectedly, the engines failed and could not take the wieght of the plane and landed quickly,(they did go though). it was in the loft for a long time and when we found it the wing had broken making it unflyable. So I ripped out the engines and put them on a balsa plane instead-this should fly well! Now I think it was way overpriced for what it was!-GO TO A MODEL SHOP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase for children (and pretty fun for the supervising adults too!), 26 Nov 2010
I bought this present for a 9 yr old boy who is crazy about planes. I had considered buying a RC plane before but has concerns about durability in the hands . This plane however is virtually indestructible! We took it out on the local playing field and despite lots and lots of crashing - it remained in fabulous condition. Lots of people were taking interest in the plane and had asked me where it came from. The range is very good and the charge provided nearly an hour of entertainment (largely because we got it up and far away and then crashed it and we had to go running to retrieve it!). Controls are also easy to work. Highly highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 16 Aug 2011
K. Nicholson "Kaz" (Barnsley, yorks) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my sons 8th birthday, I did order this from market place originally and had to cancel as they didn't have it in stock and was only told this when I inquired where it was. I then ordered it direct through amazon who managed to get it to me in time for his birthday. He loves it. He can only fly it when there is no wind however so British weather unfortunately stops him from playing with it more but it is lasting a lot longer then other flying toys he has had. So weather permitting this is a top buy I would most definitely recommend :)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best i've seen, 14 Jan 2011
I bought this as a present for my fiancee- he's a big kid at heart and I thought it would make a fun Christmas present. I chose this particular model based on other shoppers recommendations on Amazon, and they weren't wrong.

We've been through a fair number of remote control flyers in the past few years, most of them having broken after about the fifth use. I would say this is the best of the bunch.

The power the plane has is the most surprising element- it really does go as fast as it claims to. On our first go we took it to a local park, which we discovered was far too small! I definately recommend a large open space- its worth the effort travelling somewhere further away, as we did the second time, because the plane goes for miles, and very high up in the air.

We've had about 6 major divebomb crashes so far, as well as three instances of climbing trees to retrieve it, but so far its been very durable as there's hardly a mark on it.

It does seem to be badly affected by even the faintest of winds though, so it might be worth modifying it and weighing down the nose to ensure it doesn't get blown into a tree etc.

Overall though, really relieved this product is as good as other people claim it to be- wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 10 Aug 2012
I bought this for my nephew for his 9th birthday. He loves it. Its bumped the wall a few times and (after a month) the nose is starting to look a little tatty, but it flies really well and is easy to control once you get the trim dial set correctly.

I'm now buying another for my kids.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›