Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 January 2007
Most people reading this will be interested in knowing what is different about Norah Jones' latest offering and whether it maintains the high standards she has set previously.

The answer to what has changed is a relieved 'Not much, if anything.' The album features the same delightful mix of slightly jazzy country blues that Norah has made her very own. It has a similar range of material to her previous albums, with the same superb arrangements and musicianship and, at the centre of all, there is that wonderful voice.

On first hearing them, a couple of the tracks got an immediate 'Oh yeah, girl!' from me but they have been supplanted by new favourites. That is the usual way of things with a new Norah Jones album - it just gets better with every listen.

So, is this album up to scratch? You betcha! She is right on song yet again so don't hesitate, buy it!
on 30 January 2007
To be brief, I'm not too impressed by Norah's third album. It just doesn't cut it. It seems too pared down, and just lacking in the breezy excitement I associated with her first two efforts. It feels tired and limps along from the opening track, though it does pick up somewhat as the tracklist progresses. There are, in my opinion, three noteworthy tracks : (9) My Dear Country, which is evocative and makes you sit up and listen; (10)Wake Me Up, now this is Norah at what she does best, this is what I had been anticipating and was begining to get fed-up waiting for; and finally (11) Little Room, which is just cute, and that's fine. Overall, I can't honestly say I'm excited, or in a hurry to trudge through it again. I'll just go for the three tracks I mentioned.
on 28 August 2013
I have been a very ardent fan of NJ since she began.....this is a very inward album.....I just adore wish I could...a very powerful social story in song format.....dont play it too often...as it reduces me to tears.....
on 3 November 2012
I've now bought all cds available by Norah Jones, I love her intuitive voice and accomplished playing, so good that I just had to buy them all,what a talent! good for the house and the car, just brilliant! Enjoy!
on 2 February 2007
Norah Jones continues to produce high quality music. There is little here to attract new fans but once again a classy collection of songs. She has always had a darker edge to her music and this is evident again here.

For me 3 tracks raise this set above the norm. "My Dear Country" is a masterpiece with Norah producing an edge to her lyrics. "Sinking Soon" shows her versatility and has a superb backing track. The title track too will replay many listens.

This will not rock too many boats, and I am sure some critics will get their teeth into it, but overall an excellent CD.
on 25 February 2007
Now I have to admit that I am not a great fan of female singers! I first heard this album whilst visiting a well-known book/record shop and was absolutely blown away by what I was hearing. Records don't come much better than this. The ingredients make for a truely wonderful recipe which for me stands up to some of the best records in my collection. I have since bought her previous two albums which are also very good but do not compare with this! Standout tracks...all of them! A perfect record!
on 9 June 2014
I think that this album is well up to the high standard of her first album. I love the the bluesy and jazzy nature of it. Some of the arrangements are pleasantly unusual
on 9 October 2010
I have two previous CDs by NJ and this is equally enjoyable. Some particularly fantastic tracks e.g. Sinkin Soon. I would replace this CD if I lost or damaged it.
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2007
I liked her first album but was not as keen on the second. This third album is a different direction and is a large improvement on previous offerings. This is a good return for Norah.
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2007
I can't understand the amount of people who have reviewed here complaining that this CD is 'dreary/boring'. This is Norah Jones not The Prodigy!

I'm glad she's come back to her best after the on/off Feels like home.

The title track is an absolute treat, it a shame there aren't a few more tracks though.