on 27 February 2011
If you can clip your car seat onto your pram/buggy wheels then this raincover is a must. I didn't have one for my first child but when my second arrived this was one of the top items on my list to get. The price is reasonable, the plastic seems quite durable and the air vents are large enough to let air in, but not too much wind. It comes with a storage pouch but I have no idea if I could fold it back down to such a small size again! But its not really an issue, I just make sure i keep it in the car.

My only concern is the elastic thats secures the cover over the car seat, I am not sure how long this will last as it seems quite flimsy, time will tell.

I just can't understand why maxi cosi don't include this as standard when you purchase the car seat.
on 30 January 2013
I purchased this car seat raincover so that I wouldn't need to disturb my newborn baby (born in January!) for the sake of 10-15mins on the school run going from car to school gates.
It keeps him dry and protected from the wind. Easy to use.
It's good quality and a snug fit at a great price.
A couple of small negatives - I do wonder if it may have been better to have the hole on the other side of the car seat handle, as it feels quite awkward getting the seat off the ISO FIX base. Also,as other reviewers have mentioned, there is no chance of fitting the raincover inside the secret compartment on the cabrio fix which is a shame.
Despite this, this is one of my top baby buys.
on 15 June 2013
got this rain cover at 26 december 2012, still using with no problem. the best car seat cover i ever had. fit perfectly...
on 29 November 2012
I happened to be looking for something else when I came across this raincover and was very surprised to find it fitted the exact pebble Maxi-Cosi car seat we had. Knowing the weather we usually end up getting around October time which was when my baby was due I decided it would be a good idea to purchase it in case when leaving the hospital it was raining. I'm so glad I did buy it, it came quickly and before my daughter was born so we were all prepared and would you believe it was raining the day I left hospital. Very easy to put on and take off and keeps baby safe and dry have had no problems with it at all in the times we have used it great piece of equipment to have.
on 21 March 2011
This product was money well spent!! With the english weather being so unpredictable, it was great to have a raincover for my son's car seat that was so easy to put on! It fitted comfortably in the bag at the bottom of the pushchair and when it started to rain, it took a few seconds to put the cover on and keep my son dry!! I previously bought a 'universal' rain cover for car seats but this was very difficult and fiddly to put on. I thought that the maxi-cosi rain cover would be ridiculously expensive but I found it to be very reasonably (actually cheaper than the universal cover I had previously bought!)
Would definately recommend this to any other mum!!
on 4 November 2010
I keep the rain cover in the shopping tray of the pushchair for our daily walk with the dog. It gets used a lot due to the unpredictable Scottish weather. I don't know if it is just the one I have, but the elastic doesn't have much stretch to keep it on at the bottom end of the pebble car seat, so it tends to creep up which is a bit annoying. A lot of the other reviews say they like the flap on top - I agree it is good for extra ventilation, but I'd prefer if it had a popper or velcro to keep it closed. Something to keep it closed is essential when there is both rain and wind (Scottish weather again) - otherwise it just flaps open and baby gets wet! Often I have to walk pushing with one hand, using the other hand to keep the flap closed. So, a good and useful product, but small changes would make it even better.
on 14 March 2012
This rain cover spent most of its life in the boot of the car but when we did use it, it was essential! It has a little flap secured by a bit of velcro so you can still reach into baby to check temperature etc. It was easy to put over the car seat and came with a little bag which poppered shut. I also used it a few times in the snow as well as the rain and i liked knowing that baby had extra protection from the cold especially on her exposed cheeks, but with the air flow still beng free as the little flap doesnt make a closed seal. If you intend to use your car seat on pram wheels then this is an essential bit of kit in my opinion.
on 18 March 2013
Quite a snug fit on my maxi cosi pebble which makes it a little bit fiddly to get on especially if there is a blanket slightly overhanging. It's not too much of a problem if you can get sorted before you go out but a bit of a pain if you're battling with it in the rain. The little blue pocket it comes with is useless, far too flimsy for the quite stiff plastic, I have never even able to fold it back to fit in there. There are mesh vents on the sides and an opening at the top so you can reach in to baby without removing the whole thing. Overall an okay product, does do what it's supposed to.
on 30 March 2011
Bought this product in preference to a 'universal' fit type, available at Mothercare. Glad I did as the former received poor reviews due to fact that it blows off easily in the wind. This product fits really well and easily slips on. It has a hole with flap at the top so you can hold the handle. It also has mesh at the sides to allow airflow and hence avoids potential condensation forming. It has a nice neat little packing bag although it is difficult to fasten this once re-packed. Would definitely recommend this product particularly bearing in mind the British weather!
on 1 February 2009
Great product - really easy to slip over the MaxiCosi Cabriofix in the rain, and not too bulky so easy to store as well. There's a nice little air vent on top to let lots of nice fresh air in - a great product.